Malik Turner tender removed, and cut

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Shame that his drop in Green Bay makes people forget how well he played during the year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Moves like this, back and forth, are routine by our FO during the pre-season. We see them do a juggling act every year. Maybe this is an example of that. Or maybe they've decided to move on. That drop was crucial to extending our season, or ending it. Turner seems to have been a good type of teammate, but I'd be far more grieved if we were talking about someone like KJ, or even Willson, being released.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Didn't even know the Hawks had Cody Thompson. How has he looked? He looked better than Ursua imo. He was a big play machine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Turner was JAG at WR but a major contributor on special teams which Pete covets. Seems out of place right now when with the draft just a few days away to do it now when it costs them nothing to hedge their bets and figure stuff out after they know whom they selected.

kf3339

Reaction score
I don't see why they tendered him to begin with, so not a loss to me. Get Gordon back and bring along Ursua and we are good to go. Maybe a WR in the draft, but otherwise we are fine at WR. Especially with our TE corps who can help in the passing game.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Terry Wright? I thought he looked quite decent.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think it was a sign of respect from John and Pete. Knew he was going to be at the bottom of the depth chart here so they gave him a chance to catch on elsewhere and if that doesn't work out, he can be brought back to fight for a roster spot again.

We have Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, Moore, Ursua and probably a new rookie or two to complete the WR field.

Ursua made the clutch catch. Turner didn't. Nuff said.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3m7kbu31 said:
Cyrus12":3m7kbu31 said:
If only he made that catch...
Right there-That catch!Perfect pass and he choked.
I'm so for him being let go.. :2thumbs:

Guess russ wouldnt be here then.

People mess up and make mistakes.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3b1uwa1u said:
I think it was a sign of respect from John and Pete. Knew he was going to be at the bottom of the depth chart here so they gave him a chance to catch on elsewhere and if that doesn't work out, he can be brought back to fight for a roster spot again.

We have Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, Moore, Ursua and probably a new rookie or two to complete the WR field.

Ursua made the clutch catch. Turner didn't. Nuff said.
^^^^This post makes the most sense to me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2dhtcv4g said:
Hoping they draft Brandon Aiyuk.

Me too.. or another WR in round 2.

Is he a first rounder? If so, does he make it to 27? If not, who has the same skill set, but maybe 2nd round?

toffee

Reaction score
If we are going to play Lockett mostly as “y”, and Metcalf mostly as “x”, we need someone who could excel at ‘z’. I believe traditionally the z or flanker position were reserved for the team’s #1 WR?

If we could find someone to take over the slot or y, That would free Lockett to flanker, isn’t that Lockett’s ‘natural’ position?

As is, perhaps we will start Dorsett as flanker with Lockett stay put as slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xxd4jnk said:
Largent80":2xxd4jnk said:
Hoping they draft Brandon Aiyuk.

Me too.. or another WR in round 2.

Is he a first rounder? If so, does he make it to 27? If not, who has the same skill set, but maybe 2nd round?
Aiyuk is projected in the second or maybe will last to the 3rd but the guy is a serious play maker.

Teahawks

Reaction score
I don't know why I was higher on him than most, maybe it was that amazing spin move play last year. Just like I was high on Moore from his performance in Carolina the year before.

But this is why it's not good to get excited, when a UFDA or late round pick shows some splash plays. Everyone can make an amazing play from time to time; it's the little things and consistency fans probably don't notice that gets rewarded with a roster spot. There's very few Baldwins out there.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":16fec7fo said:
IndyHawk":16fec7fo said:
Cyrus12":16fec7fo said:
If only he made that catch...
Right there-That catch!Perfect pass and he choked.
I'm so for him being let go.. :2thumbs:

Guess russ wouldnt be here then.

People mess up and make mistakes.

I don't understand this post. Russ would have gotten traded if Turner would have caught that pass?