Marshawn Lynch reports to training camp (updated)

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":171gpphs said:
NorthDallas40oz":171gpphs said:
kidhawk":171gpphs said:
NorthDallas40oz":171gpphs said:
Just as I'd projected.....along with no changes to his contract and the Hawks waving the fines that he'd accrued. Those parts remain to be seen, however.

They aren't saying NO changes to his contract, just not what he was asking for. There appears to be a slight adjustment in his contract, maybe bringing some of next year's money forward or something
Moving some of next year's money forward into this year IS what he was asking for, and they've already reported that that's not happening.
It was never reported exactly what he wanted.
Umm, yes it was, all over the place. It was absolutely no secret (unless you've been on Venus for the past month) that Lynch was trying to restructure to get more money moved into the 2014 season portion of his contract. That is beyond debate.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Could they be lowering what he needs to do to achieve his bonuses? I.e. $250K for getting 1000 instead of 1200 yards. $250k for getting 250 carries instead of 300...that sort of thing

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good news, but I'm still weary of Marshawn being a pain in the ass because he's unhappy with not getting what he wanted.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2htc1pnn said:
Good news, but I'm still weary of Marshawn being a pain in the ass because he's unhappy with not getting what he wanted.
*Wary. ;)

I doubt Beast Mode will hurt the team over it, but we'll see.

General Manager

Reaction score
Well if your keeping score Lynch won this round not by much but he did get some concessions. He won't pay a penny in fines and will get some small changes made to his contract this is exactly what most of us thought would happen.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Lynch is in Seattle and on his way to the facility according to Michael Robinson on the NFL Network.

He told Robinson he badly missed his teammates.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17e44rib said:
Sgt. Largent":17e44rib said:
*Wary. ;)

I doubt Beast Mode will hurt the team over it, but we'll see.

Can't a guy be tired while he posts?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1ukplrov said:
Umm, yes it was, all over the place. It was absolutely no secret (unless you've been on Venus for the past month) that Lynch was trying to restructure to get more money moved into the 2014 season portion of his contract. That is beyond debate.
No, I've been around. I just don't buy one media's report that he wants more money up-front when there's also reports he wants a contract extension (big difference).

I don't think it's one thing Lynch wants and one thing only. If he assumes he's getting cut next year, then yes, he'll want more money upfront this year, BUT (and I'm speculating), if Seattle guarantees a portion of his 2015 I think he'd be happy with that as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3b752lk0 said:
kidhawk":3b752lk0 said:
NorthDallas40oz":3b752lk0 said:
Just as I'd projected.....along with no changes to his contract and the Hawks waving the fines that he'd accrued. Those parts remain to be seen, however.

They aren't saying NO changes to his contract, just not what he was asking for. There appears to be a slight adjustment in his contract, maybe bringing some of next year's money forward or something
Moving some of next year's money forward into this year IS what he was asking for, and they've already reported that that's not happening.

According to the tweet though, there was going to be some sort of modification. As for saying that's what he wanted, that's just subjecture at this point. There has been no definitive statement from either side as to the details of the holdout.