Marshawn Lynch reports to training camp (updated)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
mike rob said he was holding out, now mike rob says he's on his way to the VMAC - i trust mike rob. Obviously the team isn't going to say anything till he arrives and chats and makes it official.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":148mq6jd said:
Also from Adam Schefter: "Marshawn Lynch will not receive new deal and added money he sought but Seattle expected to add some financial concessions to his contract."

Does anyone know what this means? Making it easier to receive his performance bonuses?

Anyway this is great news. And no one should be worried about a disgruntled Marshawn Lynch not going full Beastmode this season. That's not in his DNA.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
TXHawk":3ak38vt0 said:
Recon_Hawk":3ak38vt0 said:
Also from Adam Schefter: "Marshawn Lynch will not receive new deal and added money he sought but Seattle expected to add some financial concessions to his contract."

Does anyone know what this means? Making it easier to receive his performance bonuses?

Anyway this is great news. And no one should be worried about a disgruntled Marshawn Lynch not going full Beastmode this season. That's not in his DNA.

just means that the team may waive it's option to fine him for the time he's missed, and any other money that the contract language might make it possible for them to withhold.

Also as far as I understand it his salary is 5M with a .5M roster bonus he earns if he is on the roster for the full season. They could offer to make that guaranteed and give it to him now i suppose.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Very happy he's back, I did not see any chance of a SB repeat without him. But I will say Lynch is becoming less and less my favorite player due to all his off-field quirks. Snubbed me in person (I was VERY polite, there are those will probably come up with some kind of reason that I must have been a jerk, but I don't care I'm the one who was there, and I got snubbed), never gives interviews or hell even did anything for the Real Rob Report (a lot of the other players will say what's up 12th man, Marshawn doesn't seem to care), and just add this holdout. I UNDERSTAND all the reasons behind his off-field persona and actions, but I now realize. I really only like him for his play and playstyle. Meanwhile you got people like Kam, Earl, Richard Sherman, RW, etc. who play just as hard and are more than happy to do fan signings, public appearances, shout outs to the 12th man, interviews, etc.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":oyyu2k9z said:
Sgt. Largent":oyyu2k9z said:
Good news, but I'm still weary of Marshawn being a pain in the ass because he's unhappy with not getting what he wanted.
*Wary. ;)

I doubt Beast Mode will hurt the team over it, but we'll see.
I expected you to correct Schefter's grammar in the tweet...
Anyways, I hope there are a lot of "concessions" . Dude was just trying to get paid, I get it. Glad he'll be back, and he should be nice and fresh.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TXHawk":3lwn5ib9 said:
Recon_Hawk":3lwn5ib9 said:

Concessions??? more % of skittles returns???

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2ue8p4x6 said:
TXHawk":2ue8p4x6 said:
Recon_Hawk":2ue8p4x6 said:

just means that the team may waive it's option to fine him for the time he's missed, and any other money that the contract language might make it possible for them to withhold.

Also as far as I understand it his salary is 5M with a .5M roster bonus he earns if he is on the roster for the full season. They could offer to make that guaranteed and give it to him now i suppose.

You are just making my point for me. We don't know what the terms are. There was some modification. It was likely favored heavily towards what the team wanted, and not whatever it was Lynch wanted, but there was some token given up by the team and for now we have no clue as to what that was

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1alj0sgb said:
NorthDallas40oz":1alj0sgb said:
kidhawk":1alj0sgb said:
NorthDallas40oz":1alj0sgb said:
Just as I'd projected.....along with no changes to his contract and the Hawks waving the fines that he'd accrued. Those parts remain to be seen, however.

They aren't saying NO changes to his contract, just not what he was asking for. There appears to be a slight adjustment in his contract, maybe bringing some of next year's money forward or something
Moving some of next year's money forward into this year IS what he was asking for, and they've already reported that that's not happening.

According to the tweet though, there was going to be some sort of modification. As for saying that's what he wanted, that's just subjecture at this point. There has been no definitive statement from either side as to the details of the holdout.
It's not "subjecture," Lynch wanted more money allocated to 2014 because he's knows he's almost certain to be a cap cut in 2015. Denying logic - not to mention all of the media reports - to think that it was anything else is simply burying your head in the sand. He wanted more money this year. I know that, and anyone with half a brain knows that. Period. End of story. And he didn't get it, because he had zero leverage.

rigelian

Reaction score
Sounds like they're probably lowering the requirements for him to receive his incentive bonuses. If the coaching staff planning to involve Turbin and and Michael in the offense more, Lynch might not get his incentive bonuses. A way to deal with that are to lower the requirements. Of course I'm just reading between the lines.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":ux776f6r said:
It's not "subjecture," Lynch wanted more money allocated to 2014 because he's knows he's almost certain to be a cap cut in 2015. Denying logic - not to mention all of the media reports - to think that it was anything else is simply burying your head in the sand. He wanted more money this year. I know that, and anyone with half a brain knows that. Period. End of story. And he didn't get it, because he had zero leverage.

It really is and you just explained why in your post. Media reports and Logic is dictating that would be what it is (and I'm not saying that's not likely), but that is still not a fact. Unless of course you believe that media reports are never wrong, and that everything Lynch has ever done has been 100% logical....if those two things are true, then you would be right and it couldn't possibly be anything else. Otherwise, we are just putting together a dozen pieces of a 100 piece puzzle and guessing what the picture is going to be.

Eventually any changes will be reported to the league. Logic would dictate that we will find out what those were at some point, but we may never know for a fact what Lynch was actually asking for. Anyone on this forum who dares to think that they KNOW FOR A FACT what Lynch wanted is a pretty closed minded individual

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":a7djc5y9 said:
Just as I'd projected.....along with no changes to his contract and the Hawks waving the fines that he'd accrued. Those parts remain to be seen, however.

Umm, yes it was, all over the place. It was absolutely no secret (unless you've been on Venus for the past month) that Lynch was trying to restructure to get more money moved into the 2014 season portion of his contract. That is beyond debate.

Okey dokey,

You still could be wrong though. It just says no restructure and no "new" money... the concessions could mean they'll just take some of his performanced based incentives for his 2015 contract year and incorperate into his 2014 year. More production, more money. It woudn't surprise me if concessions also means more guaranteed money especially if he gets hurt.