Marshawn Lynch visiting with Raiders today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Reaction score
Who thinks this is just a publicity ploy to sell more over-priced BeastMode clothes, etc.
Stores #3 and 4 to be in the lobby of the Bellagio hotel and in/near the new Vegas Stadium.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Don't think it's publicity. More likely Lynch wanting to go out on a more successful/positive season than the last one he played, full of injuries. All of that coupled with playing for his hometown.

Chapow

Reaction score
Rocket":2wanfpz8 said:
Who thinks this is just a publicity ploy to sell more over-priced BeastMode clothes, etc.
Stores #3 and 4 to be in the lobby of the Bellagio hotel and in/near the new Vegas Stadium.

I don't.

Not sure what's so hard to believe about a guy wanting to play for his hometown team before he hangs up the cleats for good.

Joe Jurevicius left us to go play for the Browns after Super Bowl XL because he wanted to play for his hometown team. Think about that. Left a team that was just in the Super Bowl for the Browns. Some guys just love their hometown.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I now believe this is on, and a trade of his rights will happen.

The contract stuff is somewhat meaningless unless he creates a cap hit for the Hawks.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
uncle fester":fqfzi0wx said:
Don't think it's publicity. More likely Lynch wanting to go out on a more successful/positive season than the last one he played, full of injuries. All of that coupled with playing for his hometown.

I dunno...maybe true. His return translating to a much more successful season seems like a reach (common sense wise anyway). Anything's possible concerning Lynch and the unknown level of media spin. I'll still believe when I see it.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I would love to see a one yard TD run to beat the Pats in the AFCCG. A boy can dream.

He has a connection with that community the likes of which I really haven't seen before. He carried that community on his shoulders everytime he ran the ball. He was the heart and soul of our first ever Super Bowl and I will root for him no matter what.

I hope we get something, but could really care less.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Wow. A lot of mixed feelings right now. Regardless, it's sad that he won't be a Seahawk again but nice that he'll conclude his career in his hometown.

I sincerely hope he has a good year, adds to his legacy and boosts his HOF chances. I just hope he doesn't become injured or ineffective like Franco Harris or Emmit Smith in their final seasons and regret coming back. Here's to Beast ending his career on his terms.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Wish him well. These things often end up with an injury-plagued comeback attempt, though.

Perhaps he can be the exception.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If he's going to come back and risk a debilitating injury, then I hope it's for serious money. He's been out of football for a while and has back issues.

Either way, the Raiders will be my favorite AFC team. They have Ken Norton, Jr. (one of my favorite Seahawk coaches ever), Cooper Helfet, Bruce Irvin, etc. And they can't be an opponent unless both teams reach the Super Bowl.

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't have any issues with MS playing for the Raiders, actually would want to watch it happen. That being said, the hawks need a little something something to let this happen. Something like oh, I don't know, Ken Norton JR? Would be nice to see him back as an integral part of the defensive coaching staff again, maybe even in the role of D coordinator.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Seahawks won't ask for anything. Maybe a conditional 7th. They have nothing to gain by being dicks to a franchise great that they've already screwed. The Raiders wouldn't give more than that anyways. My guess is we grant him his release, settle the money, and invite him back in a few years to raise the flag.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Tical21":3pi5khfb said:
The Seahawks won't ask for anything. Maybe a conditional 7th. They have nothing to gain by being dicks to a franchise great that they've already screwed. The Raiders wouldn't give more than that anyways. My guess is we grant him his release, settle the money, and invite him back in a few years to raise the flag.

Please enlighten us, "HOW DID THE HAWKS SCREW MARSHAWN"?

GO HAWKS!!!

Tical21

Reaction score
12HawkFan":28jpuydb said:
Tical21":28jpuydb said:

GO HAWKS!!!
By stealing a game winning Super Bowl TD, a probable Super Bowl MVP and probably a HOF enshrinement in the process, so the Golden OC could give the Golden Boy the glory.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":roagc3sh said:
12HawkFan":roagc3sh said:
Tical21":roagc3sh said:

GO HAWKS!!!
By stealing a game winning Super Bowl TD, a probable Super Bowl MVP and probably a HOF enshrinement in the process, so the Golden OC could give the Golden Boy the glory.

I'm telling Anthony?

cheese22

Reaction score
Rocket":3lkzfbli said:

I was thinking the same way about their nickname. Let everyone have a year or 2 to buy Vegas Raiders gear and then change it.
Would Las Vegas Outlaws be too...telling?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3cfismso said:
12HawkFan":3cfismso said:
Tical21":3cfismso said:

GO HAWKS!!!
The ol' conspiracy assumption. Thought you were above that.

And who called for a pass? Check your facts.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Tical21":2cyfuwya said:
12HawkFan":2cyfuwya said:
Tical21":2cyfuwya said:

GO HAWKS!!!

IF we had won that game, Marshawn would not have been the MVP, it would more than likely been Chris Matthews, the "who's that WR" that caught anything and everything thrown his way OR Kearse who made one of the all time great catches that nobody remembers because we didn't win that SB.

AS far as Marshawn making the HOF, I doubt that game by itself will make any difference, one way or another.

GO HAWKS!!!

Tical21

Reaction score
12HawkFan":26v7087i said:
Tical21":26v7087i said:
12HawkFan":26v7087i said:
Tical21":26v7087i said:

GO HAWKS!!!

IF we had won that game, Marshawn would not have been the MVP, it would more than likely been Chris Matthews, the "who's that WR" that caught anything and everything thrown his way OR Kearse who made one of the all time great catches that nobody remembers because we didn't win that SB.

AS far as Marshawn making the HOF, I doubt that game by itself will make any difference, one way or another.

GO HAWKS!!!
That would've given Marshawn 100 yards and 2 TD's, including the game winner and the run to setup the game winner. Mathews may have gotten it still, but I highly doubt it.

And yes, a second SB, especially with a MVP, probably gets Marshawn in. As of now, I think he has zero shot.

Tical21

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":st4zq5h1 said:
Tical21":st4zq5h1 said:
12HawkFan":st4zq5h1 said:
Tical21":st4zq5h1 said:

GO HAWKS!!!
The ol' conspiracy assumption. Thought you were above that.

And who called for a pass? Check your facts.
There's no conspiracy, it's simply what happened.

Darrell Bevell, the offensive coordinator, ya know, the guy that calls plays, called a pass play. In fact, he called the specific pass play that got intercepted. What are you trying to insinuate here? I'm dying to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.