Marshawn Lynch visiting with Raiders today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

Reaction score
hawknation2017":igpn1eni said:
If he's going to come back and risk a debilitating injury, then I hope it's for serious money. He's been out of football for a while and has back issues.

Either way, the Raiders will be my favorite AFC team. They have Ken Norton, Jr. (one of my favorite Seahawk coaches ever), Cooper Helfet, Bruce Irvin, etc. And they can't be an opponent unless both teams reach the Super Bowl.

All NFC divisions rotate against AFC divisions and vice versa every 4 years. The Seahawks play against the AFC west in 2018, meaning they could play against Marshawn if he lasts 2 years in Oakland. They have also played the Raiders in every preseason since at least 2008, I know it means nothing because it has always been the last game in the preseason, but they will most likely play the Raiders at least once in the the next two years, possibly three times.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":105akdo0 said:
Tical21":105akdo0 said:
12HawkFan":105akdo0 said:
Tical21 said:
Please enlighten us, "HOW DID THE HAWKS SCREW MARSHAWN"?

GO HAWKS!!!
By stealing a game winning Super Bowl TD, a probable Super Bowl MVP and probably a HOF enshrinement in the process, so the Golden OC could give the Golden Boy the glory.
The ol' conspiracy assumption. Thought you were above that.

And who called for a pass? Check your facts.
There's no conspiracy, it's simply what happened.

Darrell Bevell, the offensive coordinator, ya know, the guy that calls plays, called a pass play. In fact, he called the specific pass play that got intercepted. What are you trying to insinuate here? I'm dying to hear this.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Pete actually called for the pass. I thought everyone knew that at this point.

The conspiracy is that some gullible folks think that the call was motivated to deny Marshawn personal glory. If that were the fact, why would they give him the ball on first down?

And actually, Marshawn could have locked up the game earlier in the fourth had he not given up on his route down the right sideline on a pass he would have easily caught. But some people are only capable of focusing on one play and fail to realize a game is 60 minutes long.

Tical21

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kapv2df said:
Siouxhawk":1kapv2df said:
Tical21":1kapv2df said:
12HawkFan":1kapv2df said:
Tical21 said:
Please enlighten us, "HOW DID THE HAWKS SCREW MARSHAWN"?

GO HAWKS!!!
By stealing a game winning Super Bowl TD, a probable Super Bowl MVP and probably a HOF enshrinement in the process, so the Golden OC could give the Golden Boy the glory.
The ol' conspiracy assumption. Thought you were above that.

And who called for a pass? Check your facts.
There's no conspiracy, it's simply what happened.

Darrell Bevell, the offensive coordinator, ya know, the guy that calls plays, called a pass play. In fact, he called the specific pass play that got intercepted. What are you trying to insinuate here? I'm dying to hear this.
[/quote][/quote]
Pete actually called for the pass. I thought everyone knew that at this point.

The conspiracy is that some gullible folks think that the call was motivated to deny Marshawn personal glory. If that were the fact, why would they give him the ball on first down?

And actually, Marshawn could have locked up the game earlier in the fourth had he not given up on his route down the right sideline on a pass he would have easily caught. But some people are only capable of focusing on one play and fail to realize a game is 60 minutes long.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
So wait, let's just get this straight. You're on record as saying our defensive head coach took over the playcalling duties and called this play? Like, he said, let's call a pass? Or the specific play itself? You're not being serious. Right? Is there some joke here I'm unaware of?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I didn't stutter. Pete called for a pass on second down and then they were going to run it on third and fourth. That's well documented.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm excited to see this.
It's well documented that Lynch would have "run for 2000 yards behind an above average line" (source: .NET)). Given the Raiders have the best o-line in the league I fully expect he'll run for 3000+ this year

Reaction score
I would want something more than a 7th round draft pick for him! Put it this way if Lynch never retired and the seahawks traded him for a seventh rounder this board would of melt! It is a business I would play hard ball with him and at least get a 2nd or a third if not no Lynch sorry Raiders! We got people posting I dont care if we get a pick or not no way. Well I care its beast mode get something for him. We did alright by him by signing him to a big contract then he retires. If we just get like a 5th 6th or seventh rounder I would chalk this up as a lost for the front office.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A deal will get done and the Hawks will trade his rights, but hopes of an early draft pick are pie in the sky.

A conditional 3rd day pick and maybe the return of the 2018 conditional pick given up for Dewy McDonald is what the team may get.

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3g1942dd said:
A deal will get done and the Hawks will trade his rights, but hopes of an early draft pick are pie in the sky.

A conditional 3rd day pick and maybe the return of the 2018 conditional pick given up for Dewy McDonald is what the team may get.
People think he has all the leverage we own his rights. A smart front office would make it so we had all the leverage. I hear what your saying but hey it is a business. If the Raiders want him that bad to sell tickets b 4 the move lets see how bad they want him. We owe him nothing we need to use this to our advantage not just so he can live out his dreams. Does it make for a feel good story yes. But we need to be compensated anything less than a fourth would be uncivilized. This whole idea is a pie in the sky. There are things that could be done and I would make hard as hell for him to come back unless we were given the right deal! :irishdrinkers:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":6z9uuglh said:
I would want something more than a 7th round draft pick for him! Put it this way if Lynch never retired and the seahawks traded him for a seventh rounder this board would of melt! It is a business I would play hard ball with him and at least get a 2nd or a third if not no Lynch sorry Raiders! We got people posting I dont care if we get a pick or not no way. Well I care its beast mode get something for him. We did alright by him by signing him to a big contract then he retires. If we just get like a 5th 6th or seventh rounder I would chalk this up as a lost for the front office.

WOW! Really? I just don't feel that way and I don't believe that the Seahawks brass feels that way either. That stance IMO would go against the entire culture -- against everything that Pete Carroll and everyone associated with the Seahawks has tried to build in Seattle. They are all about seeing each other as family and being supportive of one another. In Marshawn Lynch's case -- at this point in time this isn't about him having bad feelings and trying to screw over the Seahawks by un-retiring. In a way, this is about him being a fan. Oakland is his home town. He grew up a Raiders fan, so from his perspective, this is about achieving a childhood dream of playing for his home team. If there was a current NFL player who grew up in Washington State, grew up a Seahawks fan, and wanted to return to play for the Seahawks -- everyone on this board would totally get it. Somehow because it's the Raiders though, it seems like people think this is somehow totally different.

Now, I personally hate the Raiders. I loathe them with a passion, as I grew up in the days when we were in the AFC West. To me, I personally don't have the venom many of you do towards the 49ers. I DO feel that way about the Raiders and the Broncos though -- cannot stand them. But even still, I'm able to put all that aside and be excited for Marshawn about the idea of fulfilling his childhood dream of playing for the team he grew up cheering for.

You and I would LIKE a 2nd or 3rd Round Draft Choice ... but based purely upon Marshawn Lynch's circumstances, I'd say 7th Round choice is about all you can realistically ask and hope for. Think about it -- you're talking about a Running Back who not only is coming in with a big contact ... but who is 30 years old (the typical death knell age for RB's) ... comes in with a LOT of mileage on that body ... and didn't even play in the league last year. And the last time he DID suit up in an NFL uniform, he didn't exactly look very Beast Mode like. Naw man, I'm just hoping most people on this board just feel good for Marshawn and root for him to do well in Oakland. AND if we end up getting a 7th Round Choice out of it -- consider that a nice parting gift.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Heck....we could always ask for a 5th and bargain down to a 7th.....for Crutchmode. he he he . :stirthepot:

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I say give up a lineman for him. That would be awesome, lol.

P.s. I don't need a bunch of people explaining to me that they would never trade a lineman for him, it was a joke.

Tical21

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3toiy8mj said:
I didn't stutter. Pete called for a pass on second down and then they were going to run it on third and fourth. That's well documented.
This is 100% correct, except for the part about Pete Carroll having anything to do with the call. He didn't step up and veto it, which is the extent of his participation. He tried to take responsibility but Bevell admitted it was all his decision. That's well documented. Years ago. To nauseating levels. Over and over and over again. And again. Like the day of the game and a million times since. And I'm the one that needs to check my facts? Interesting.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Tical21":1093h6rw said:
Siouxhawk":1093h6rw said:
This is 100% correct, except for the part about Pete Carroll having anything to do with the call. He didn't step up and veto it, which is the extent of his participation. He tried to take responsibility but Bevell admitted it was all his decision. That's well documented. Years ago. To nauseating levels. Over and over and over again. And again. Like the day of the game and a million times since. And I'm the one that needs to check my facts? Interesting.

No, you don't. But, do you all have to start an argument over something that has been argued to death? It happened, get over it.

Tical21

Reaction score
There is so much more to be lost by the Seahawks deterring this than there would be to let him go and wish him well. There just isn't any reason to create a rift at this point. If the Raiders want the 31 year old Marshawn Lynch experience, good luck to both of them. Pete couldn't care less.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2s417wy4 said:
Tical21":2s417wy4 said:
Siouxhawk":2s417wy4 said:

No, you don't. But, do you all have to start an argument over something that has been argued to death? It happened, get over it.
I'm bored and taking the shot-taking trolls to task. Sue me.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3c1evthb said:
Siouxhawk":3c1evthb said:
The way I understand it is they conferred during the timeout after Kearse's catch and decided to go run-pass-run-run. That's the order Pete wanted to give the least amount of time to the Pats and Brady after we scored. So yes, Pete called for a pass on second down. Bevell sent in the particular play, which goes for a touchdown if executed properly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Raiders and Lynch is the topic...

You've all had ample threads (and honestly, plenty of time) to review THAT play call

Status
Not open for further replies.