News of Cuts coming in .... plus Trades

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2g1fg0iu said:
Can't confirm if these are official.. but this is lurking out there on Twitter

http://www.legionof12radio.com/single-p ... n-Whos-Out

From the Author's FB linking to that:

SPREAD THE NEWS!

We're finally getting our first look at the opening day roster for the 2016 season! 12s, check out this comprehensive list of who should be on the team and who should be cut.

Did anyone that made it surprise you? Did you dislike any of the cuts? #GoHawks!

**Minor updates may be made to the list once the #Seahawks release a 100% official roster.

Largent80

Reaction score
Burley getting cut is a mistake, and making cut day trades for special teamers and safeties when we need CB is also a head scratcher. Keeping KPL is another one. They had better hope nobody snatches Pope. Collins had better do something special, so far I haven't seen anything from him that is......Blech on these choices by the F.O.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The FO has their head up their *ss if they cut Burley.

We lose 1-2 games more if this happens because we won't have anyone to match up against the shifty receivers.

Terminally Utterly Stupid.

I am going to hope that report is erroneous.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Holy over-reaction. it is Marcus Burley - okay player, but easily replaceable.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/772178626569576448[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/772179472237813760[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wait until we lose the games because we don't have effective corners against the slot guys.

If true, Our FO screwed us.

We just ripped an even bigger hole in our defense than the TE issue.

* Edit really hoping the FO is not that stupid. Maybe the report is erroneous.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
We're getting a little upset about a dime back. Sherm, Shead, Lane. If these other guys are the ones that Pete and John want back there, then that's good enough for me. McDonald sounds like an athletic dynamo. Let's see what he's got!

drrew

Reaction score
iigakusei":2maxds31 said:
Holy over-reaction. it is Marcus Burley - okay player, but easily replaceable.

He's certainly not elite, but leaving Lane (who has has missed more games than he played the last two seasons) as the only clear slot corner seems like a risky move.

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/772203650257031168[/tweet]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":nvanlbby said:
Wait until we lose the games because we don't have effective corners against the slot guys.

If true, Our FO screwed us.

One thing I found interesting in the preseason. We saw Sherman line up in man against slot receivers several times this preseason. I'm wondering if we're not more comfortable with our backup outside corners (and Sherman sliding inside) versus our backup slot guys keeping Sherman outside.

It's also worth noting, the increasing importance and targeting rate of slot guys in third down situations. It's possible that there was a serious sea change in how the defense is going to line up going forward. Putting our best corner on the player most likely to be targeted for 3rd down conversions.

I kind of think Seattle just wanted to zag when conventional wisdom says zig. Sherman can play the slot. And if Elliott is a better outside corner than Burley is at slot -- then it seems the best way to get your best players on the field.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mcdonald and McRay are both big, athletic freaks. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Latest posts