NFC West Training Camp

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1uittrtm said:
rideaducati":1uittrtm said:
I was trying to help Ro.

This might give Russell's contract a little more perspective for niner fans.

Top 11 2016 QB cap hits.

Joe Flacco $28,550,000
Drew Brees $27,400,000
Ben Roethlisberger $23,950,000
Matt Ryan $23,750,000
Matt Stafford $22,500,000
Peyton Manning $21,500,000
Tony Romo $20,835,000
Cam Newton $19,500,000
Aaron Rodgers $19,250,000
Carson Palmer $19,075,000
Russell Wilson $18,540,000

Top 11 2017 cap hits:

Joe Flacco $31,150,000
Tony Romo $24,700,000
Matt Ryan $23,750,000
Carson Palmer $22,675,000
Matt Stafford $22,000,000
Aaron Rodgers $20,300,000
Ryan Tannehill $20,300,000
Cam Newton $20,166,000
Colin Kaepernick $19,365,753
Russell Wilson $18,800,000
Ben Roethlisberger $18,200,000

Funny how Kaepernick is going to have a higher cap hit in 2017, yet it is the Seahawks that will be in cap hell according to niner fans.
Heh, but Baalke is awesome right? At least that's what ninner fans claim.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":agi09dxs said:
Well, according to the Denialzone "cap wizards" Seattle is "all in" to win for this year only and will be in cap hell starting next year and most think we cant sign Wagner after signing RW, and JS will stop getting "lucky" in drafts. :lol:

Pity the fools! 8)
I never knew California made marijuana legal....interesting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":cfte1gv5 said:
Sports Hernia":cfte1gv5 said:
Well, according to the Denialzone "cap wizards" Seattle is "all in" to win for this year only and will be in cap hell starting next year and most think we cant sign Wagner after signing RW, and JS will stop getting "lucky" in drafts. :lol:

Pity the fools! 8)
I never knew California made marijuana legal....interesting.
What they are smoking on that site is much stronger than the old "Mary Jane". 8)

rlkats

Reaction score
Hmmm. Let me see start a thread about NFCW training camp. It quickly turns into another Wilson vs Kap money debate. Then the crap talk about the niners and delusional niners fans. Ok Im lost.

Why wad there not a thread started to talk about Kap vs Wilson?

Also who really gives a shiny turd how much he makes. They deserve their pay. I feel the hawks got a great deal.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rlkats":3np2rde5 said:
Hmmm. Let me see start a thread about NFCW training camp. It quickly turns into another Wilson vs Kap money debate. Then the crap talk about the niners and delusional niners fans. Ok Im lost.

Also who really gives a shiny turd how much he makes. They deserve their pay. I feel the hawks got a great deal.
I suppose you could start one but the difference between the two is quite stark and the numbers in any meaningful game back it up so far. When they go head to head it's typically even worse. Don't feel bad given Wilson has pretty much outplayed all the big boys even when his entire team can't keep up (Atlanta and New England).

I do agree we did quite well in holding the line and giving us the chance, just a chance to go down in history.

rlkats

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":26ukjlc3 said:
rlkats":26ukjlc3 said:

I suppose you could start one but the difference between the two is quite stark and the numbers in any meaningful game back it up so far. When they go head to head it's typically even worse. Don't feel bad given Wilson has pretty much outplayed all the big boys even when his entire team can't keep up (Atlanta and New England).

I do agree we did quite well in holding the line and giving us the chance, just a chance to go down in history.

Well I dont really care if wilson plays good or bad. Not my concern. So dont attempt to bait me into a Wilson vs Kap talk. To me there is a NO BRAINER difference. Its called a ring end of discussion.

Niw back to the NFCW Training camp talk

rlkats

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ve9ue4h said:
rlkats":2ve9ue4h said:

And secondly. In NO NO NO way was i even suggesting that a thread about wilson and kap to be started. It was stated in pure sarcasm.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rlkats":9tllpa0h said:
MizzouHawkGal":9tllpa0h said:
rlkats":9tllpa0h said:

Well I dont really care if wilson plays good or bad. Not my concern. So dont attempt to bait me into a Wilson vs Kap talk. To me there is a NO BRAINER difference. Its called a ring end of discussion.

Niw back to the NFCW Training camp talk
Lighten up Francis you were the one complaining about it. I just pointed it would likely be futile at best. Kapice?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rlkats":2up5j2mb said:
MizzouHawkGal":2up5j2mb said:
rlkats":2up5j2mb said:

And secondly. In NO NO NO way was i even suggesting that a thread about wilson and kap to be started. It was stated in pure sarcasm.
As was I so just relax and understand where you are at and that this day is probably the most historic beyond the 2013 Superbowl.

rlkats

Reaction score
Ya ok I will lighten up. But is sure sounded like another was to take a shot at a niner fan that was already stating the HAWKS got a good deal. And I do know where I am at. So thank for the reminding. If you have ever ever read any of my posts I am a believer at this point I believe Wilson>>>>>>>Kap. Said it from day one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rlkats":4abd6arz said:
Ya ok I will lighten up. But is sure sounded like another was to take a shot at a niner fan that was already stating the HAWKS got a good deal. And I do know where I am at. So thank for the reminding. If you have ever ever read any of my posts I am a believer at this point I believe Wilson>>>>>>>Kap. Said it from day one.
I know you're one of the cool opposition fans and I apologize if my post came off that way to you. It definitely wasn't the intent but like I said this is a wonderful night to be a Seahawk fan obviously.:)

Actually my post beyond the joke about making a Keap v Wilson thread was directed to the webzone not you.

rlkats

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2k8ks0z3 said:
rlkats":2k8ks0z3 said:
I know you're one of the cool opposition fans and I apologize if my post came off that way to you. It definitely wasn't the intent but like I said this is a wonderful night to be a Seahawk fan obviously.:)

Actually my post beyond the joke about making a Keap v Wilson thread was directed to the webzone not you.

Cool Cool. Well good day for the hawks for sure. But also I am a believer in that damn D and lynch being a bigger key than Wilson. Wilson is Good but that D and Lynch are in a different level of bad ass. Here is to my dumpster fire winning at least 2 games next year. And yes both against the hawks lol. here is to an injury free season. Good luck all NFCW teams

BTW. I know you all will miss Harbaughs temper tantrums. hahahaha.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
.Well It doesn't seem like the 2013-2014 drafts have been great so far for the Hawks and 2015 is an unknown. Let's not pretend the Seahawks last couple years have been stellar drafts. Marvin has a good point in the fact that the cap will beat the Hawks in time without stellar drafts. We aren't seeing stellar drafts right now. If 2015 ends up not being stellar. Then trouble is on the horizon.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":1qntcxvb said:
Just to be clear are you guys saying the Hawks don't have Wilson for the next 5 years on average for less than 20M?

If you insist on pretending that an extension isn't actually an extension you can think about it that way, but it's still illogical.

The "next five years" erases that he was already under contract for a year. That's a sunk cost. His extension has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on if he would be under contract this year or not. Nothing happened yesterday to change his contract status for this year, and pretending otherwise is simply dishonest.

By way of comparison, let's pretend I had 10K in my bank account, and I took a new job that paid me 50K. If my friend asked me how much my new job was paying me as a starting salary in the first year and I said 60K would I be being honest or I would I be fudging numbers? It's the same thing.

FWIW when 9ers fans tried to delude themselves into believing that Kap's six year extension was actually a seven year deal (for the same purposes of trying to convince themselves the APY was lower for the new deal than it was) I said the exact same thing to them.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":jahz1tnk said:
.Well It doesn't seem like the 2013-2014 drafts have been great so far for the Hawks and 2015 is an unknown. Let's not pretend the Seahawks last couple years have been stellar drafts. Marvin has a good point in the fact that the cap will beat the Hawks in time without stellar drafts. We aren't seeing stellar drafts right now. If 2015 ends up not being stellar. Then trouble is on the horizon.

IMO it's hard to evaluate their last couple drafts at this point, because there simply hasn't been the snaps available for those guys to contribute. Maybe you could knock some of the picks (Harper and Jesse Williams obviously; Michael is still stuck behind Turbin; paying Williams big money means they don't have much faith in Simon in being starter-level, etc.), but overall there just aren't a lot of snaps available for their draft picks to take because the team is too strong.

They've locked up their six or seven core starters, but we won't really be able to evaluate their last few drafts until we see if they've drafted well enough to plug in around those core guys once more other starters are forced to walk like the DBs, DL, OL starters and Tate who they've already decided aren't "core" guys for them. Irvin and Mebane are coming up as walkers, Lynch will have to be replaced, Williams is a stop-gap, Okung will likely be moving on and the Oline is generally a huge questionmark, etc.

We don't know if those replacements are already on the roster or not, and likely won't know for another year or two. Heck, for the 9ers, who are a year or two ahead of the Hawks from a cap-management perspective, we'll only just find out this year, and that even took a few unexpected retirments (Willis, Borland, and A. Davis) to accelerate the process.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Can't wait till the dead money from harvin and unger get off the books and the other teams look at us and say wait what,,,,,,,
Crap
Must be cheatin
In PC and JS and you know the rest

drdiags

Reaction score
Well I guess it is only the beginning of training camp but damn how did a thread about Training camp morph like it has? There are tons of Wilson contract threads and 9ers suck threads. I could imagine Pithy's head exploding with how badly this thing went off the rails.

Is Gurley really going to be ready to play by the beginning of the season or is it just a first step that he doesn't start out on the PUP like some thought he would?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow. Some really sensitive posters in here.

To clarify, no Niner fan here is claiming the Seahawks are about to fall into the abyss. No Niner fan here is claiming It's a bad deal. No Niner fan here is claiming the Seahawks are foolish.

It's simply MATH. Yes, the cap is rising every year by about 10 mil. Yes, Wilson's deal will end up looking like a bargain in a few years when Luck and other break the bank. Yes, these are all the same arguments I made when Kap signed and was laughed at.

All we are saying is the 4 years after this on AVERAGE over 20 mill. Yes, it's only ACTUALLY over the 20 mil mark in the final 2, but the average is over 20. It's not complicated and it's nothing to be offended by.

The Seahawks have a number of young, really good players and they all want to be paid. You simply can't pay them all. It's a simple concept and I'm not quite sure why peeps are even arguing the point. Do you think they'll be able to keep signing all their guys to huge contacts and they'll never get to a spot where they have to make tough decisions? Ok. No worries. We can agree to disagree.

BTW, I'm not talking about cap "trouble". I'm talking about simple realities of fielded a really, really good team. You've enjoyed a lot if success with players on rookie contracts. Wasn't gonna last forever.

Now queue the "Kap sucks, Niners don't have any good players to pay, etc" BS that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1t5mtwoq said:
ringless":1t5mtwoq said:
Just to be clear are you guys saying the Hawks don't have Wilson for the next 5 years on average for less than 20M?

If you insist on pretending that an extension isn't actually an extension you can think about it that way, but it's still illogical.

The "next five years" erases that he was already under contract for a year. That's a sunk cost. His extension has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on if he would be under contract this year or not. Nothing happened yesterday to change his contract status for this year, and pretending otherwise is simply dishonest.

This reads like you are trying very hard to frame an argument that paints this as a bad deal for the Seahawks. That Wilson will get over 20 Mil a year now and we won't be able to balance his cap hit. To me I don't care about the framing, I look at the deal simply as how much do we have tied up in Wilson from now until his next contract and how does it truly affect our cap? Isn't that really the point? Trying to play with words to prop up his $$$ and justify the extension as the only important part of the deal is much more dishonest in my opinion.

By way of comparison, let's pretend I had 10K in my bank account, and I took a new job that paid me 50K. If my friend asked me how much my new job was paying me as a starting salary in the first year and I said 60K would I be being honest or I would I be fudging numbers? It's the same thing.

This is a horrible analogy. Sorry but it has zero comparison to an NFL contract or affect on the company. It simply looks like more words to frame your argument. I'm struggling to find a better analogy but that doesn't make yours valid. Sorry.

How about a friend ask's Wilson how much the Seahawks are paying him? He could answer it a couple different ways but if he said well I just signed an $87.9 million dollar extension, wouldn't his friend ask him if he is still making only $1.5 for this season? Wouldn't Wilson's most honest answer be about $89.4 mill over the life of my current contract? Which one of these answers do you see as the more honest answer?

FWIW when 9ers fans tried to delude themselves into believing that Kap's six year extension was actually a seven year deal (for the same purposes of trying to convince themselves the APY was lower for the new deal than it was) I said the exact same thing to them.

What does it matter what they convince themselves of? The cap hit is the cap hit. I don't see Seahawks fans trying to say Wilson's cap hit will only be $17.8 Mill APY which is what the dollars average out to over the life of his contract. There has been multiple explanations in here about what his actual cap numbers will be. No need to justify anything. Feel free to show me where a Seahawk fans is saying it is $17.8 mil APY because I haven't seen or heard that. Sorry if Niner fans couldn't grasp that