Nick Fairley Visiting the Rams (now signed)

drdiags

Reaction score
When I first saw the news that he was visiting the Rams, it caught me by surprise but if his market isn't as high as he thought it would be he could sign a 1 yr prove it deal like Bennett did or a 2 yr deal like Avril. No one thought the Seahawks were going after either one of those guys when they were coming out.

I am sure many of our fans wanted the team to go after Bennett to right the wrongs of Tim Ruskell but I remember the feeling being that Avril was going to get paid. It wouldn't be a bad get for the Rams if he does a mid-range contract for a year.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576413939317252096[/tweet]

Interested in seeing the $.

ringless

Reaction score
Another defensive lineman for the Rams. RT @AdamSchefter: St. Louis Rams have agreed to terms with Nick Fairley, per source.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576416440342839297[/tweet]

Hope he's gone after the season. Nice getl for the Rams I guess, at least it takes away from what they can spend on their offense.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Another good d-lineman for the Rams.................great. Its now imperative that we fix our interior oline or else we will be in trouble!

Laloosh

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2in5cdx1 said:
Goddamnit. It's going to be all pass rush all the time every time we play them.
Good thing we are a running team with a nice new toy in the short passing game. Still, poor Russell... this is gonna leave a mark.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":33sx25c5 said:

Hope he's gone after the season. Nice getl for the Rams I guess, at least it takes away from what they can spend on their offense.

Meh...

His partner was the real player. Be interesting to see who he is as a player (after an injury) without Suh. Lions paid more for Ngata, which says enough.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3g96m2kr said:
dontbelikethat":3g96m2kr said:

Meh...

His partner was the real player. Be interesting to see who he is as a player (after an injury) without Suh. Lions paid more for Ngata, which says enough.

Suh definitely made DET's DLine go...but now Fairley gets to play with Quinn, Long, Brockers and Donald...

OP
OP
volsunghawk

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":s73l52xb said:
volsunghawk":s73l52xb said:
Goddamnit. It's going to be all pass rush all the time every time we play them.
Good thing we are a running team with a nice new toy in the short passing game. Still, poor Russell... this is gonna leave a mark.

Exactly. Even if we're primarily running the ball, I wouldn't put it past Fisher to instruct these guys to hit Russell every play.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1bmb6nn7 said:
Uncle Si":1bmb6nn7 said:
dontbelikethat":1bmb6nn7 said:

Meh...

Suh definitely made DET's DLine go...but now Fairley gets to play with Quinn, Long, Brockers and Donald...

True.. I just wonder why DET weren't in on him? And then sign Ngata to a higher contract?

Something there.

Jville

Reaction score
The Rams have bypassed the 49ers as the No. 1 contender to displace the Seahawks as the NFL's stingiest defense. It's the other side of the ball that has St. Louis taking aim at a .500 record on an annual basis.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478783/article/nick-fairley-leaves-detroit-lions-for-st-louis-rams[/urltargetblank]

MVP53

Reaction score
Popeyejones":bnysx068 said:
I'll drag it back off topic. :lol:

Foles shouldn't scare anyone. He's been a middling QB who can't hold down the starting job in two of the most QB friendly offenses in the history of the NFL (Reid's and Kelly's) .

And on top of that he can't stay healthy.

Purely from a talent perspective I think he's the third best QB on the Rams roster (behind both Hill and Davis).

If he's able to not get benched before getting injured, I'll be surprised.

I guess he's been middling if you pretend 2013 didn't happen.

With that D, if Foles simply plays 12+ games and doesn't give the ball away, he'll be just what the Rams have needed.

I'm scared to death the Cards are going to land AP. With that, and what the Rams just did, the NFC West is going to be a knife fight this year.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ak3ekfb said:
True.. I just wonder why DET weren't in on him? And then sign Ngata to a higher contract?

Something there.
Gotta think it's mostly doubts about his commitment, particularly with injury recovery. His talent is big though, and they might also think a change of scenery is needed.