Nick Fairley Visiting the Rams (now signed)

Hawks46

Reaction score
drdiags":22z0drcr said:
When I first saw the news that he was visiting the Rams, it caught me by surprise but if his market isn't as high as he thought it would be he could sign a 1 yr prove it deal like Bennett did or a 2 yr deal like Avril. No one thought the Seahawks were going after either one of those guys when they were coming out.

I am sure many of our fans wanted the team to go after Bennett to right the wrongs of Tim Ruskell but I remember the feeling being that Avril was going to get paid. It wouldn't be a bad get for the Rams if he does a mid-range contract for a year.

Good call.

The only thing that bothers me about this is that we could've had Fairley at a 5 mil prove it deal if we had tried. I'm not to worried about this until Fairley actually shows something.

He could be inspired by his new DL team mates, or he could see how truly dominant some guys are and realize he can't get there and give up. Tough to say.

It could be really bad for us though. We're not exactly set in the interior OL.

Not like we were last year either though.

Rex

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2tqr9ivt said:
Exactly. Even if we're primarily running the ball, I wouldn't put it past Fisher to instruct these guys to hit Russell every play.

Well that goes without saying. :th2thumbs:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":59ck0u86 said:
dontbelikethat":59ck0u86 said:
Uncle Si":59ck0u86 said:
dontbelikethat":59ck0u86 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576416440342839297[/tweet]

Hope he's gone after the season. Nice getl for the Rams I guess, at least it takes away from what they can spend on their offense.

Meh...

His partner was the real player. Be interesting to see who he is as a player (after an injury) without Suh. Lions paid more for Ngata, which says enough.

Suh definitely made DET's DLine go...but now Fairley gets to play with Quinn, Long, Brockers and Donald...

True.. I just wonder why DET weren't in on him? And then sign Ngata to a higher contract?

Something there.

They tried to get him back, he didn't want to go back for whatever reason. Might of offered him less $, who knows.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I can't help but imagine all kinds of Hollywood-style, intense war-room arguments, complete with dramatic lighting, quick cuts, and increasingly tighter close-ups. Something like...

Squeaky voiced staffer: (nervously) Uh, sir? According to our latest roster analysis...

Fisher: DAMMIT, man! Don't tell me something I don't want to hear!

Les Snead: It's just that, sir, we could really use a...

Fisher: GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LS: a little more help at...

Fisher: AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

SVS: Sir, we don't have starter quality at a number of posi...

Fisher: ENOUGH!!! SHUT IT! GET. ME. ANOTHER. DAMN. D-LINEMAN!!! NOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!

Of course, I don't know if it's Fisher with the D-line obsession, but it makes for entertaining theater in my head. :)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I like the signing...can afford some luxuries financially now that Bradford is gone.

But trust me, Ram fans everywhere are a bit baffled that we're not investing money into the Oline yet.

We have two starters in place, one a rookie from last year who didn't exactly tear it up, and another in Saffold who is solid but injury prone.

There's the draft, but I don't like counting on rookies.

And the feeling that we've been here before....last year we drafted Donald (which was a GREAT pick)....but it made everyone think our D was going to be dominant. And we came out and got blasted by Minnesota in week 1 as Quinn, Brockers, Sims and Hayes forgot how good they are I guess.

So while I like the signing, I'm concerned about the offense continuing to be putrid, and after last year I am not confident that our d will come out and play like they should.

We're hoping Barksdale comes back, Blalock comes to town and signs, and that we get (slightly overpay) Wisniewski.

kearly

Reaction score
Nick Fairley the NFL version hasn't been all that great. Not a bad move by the Rams, but I doubt it moves the needle for them very much.

Does kind of suck though for Seattle's young OL.

The Rams have always been a tough out, but I've got to think Fisher's bag of tricks is just about out by now. Really, as long as Pete treats every play against St. Louis as a trick play, Seattle should handle them fine.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
At this point I think fisher is holding the team back just like the niners before Harbaugh came on board. Pete told fisher as much when he asked how in the world do they drop 50 points on people for consecutive games and then disappear. How does that happen? Coaching.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
You guys seem to forget they cut Langford and saved over 6 million. Fairley signed for less, they needed another DT.

If that offense comes on and they play with a lead... OMGoodness

northseahawk

Reaction score
If the Rams don't get I to playoff this year with that team, Jeff Fischer will confirm be the worst possible coach ever.

Rex

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher is an excellent HC. Rams will be more than spoilers and QB benchers this season.