O Line and Russ today.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Wilson had 3.41 seconds to throw on average today. The most for all QB's in week 2.

Give some kudos to the line. That is a long time in the Pros.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":n87y8ao1 said:
Wilson had 3.41 seconds to throw on average today. The most for all QB's in week 2.

Give some kudos to the line. That is a long time in the Pros.
I agree with this 100%. He was holding the ball forever, 'cause for some reason they never called quick pass routes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It speaks to Pete and John's recovered ability to draft depth. Jamarco Jones and Jordan Simmons especially were great finds and have gone a long ways towards helping Russ keep us ahead, stepping in and maintaining the OL without missing a beat.

mikeak

Reaction score
Mobile QBs always skew this statistic. Running around back there before getting sacked or throwing away the ball adds a lot of time to that vs pocket QBs that throws quick slants or throws it away

Yes the O-line was good, but broke down quickly severalntimes

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm really impressed with the next men up at guard. The line is improving rapidly. Need a successor to Brown... other than that, they are definitely coming along.

John63

Reaction score
At times they were goos. Other time not so good. Game plan did not help them much.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":11i6exsy said:
At times they were goos. Other time not so good. Game plan did not help them much.

Oh they didn't throw enough today Dak had more passes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on John. Minus the dumb decision by DK (which he made up for, so hopefully people will get off his back) Russ basically had 6 touchdown passes and 300 Plus passing yards. The O Line has been better than expected so far. Esp. since they were expected to be brutal. I'm one of many who probably are pleasantly surprised at how they have played. Plenty of room for improvement, but not nearly as bad as advertised. Russ has been incredible, but his O Line has also helped. Just sayin.

Fade

Reaction score
The O-Line played great in the 4th when it mattered, though the Dallas D-Line probably gassed out.

Shell struggled for large stretches of the game, and is a huge liability out there.

But all in all they've been better than years past.

Wilson, had happy feet after a couple of Aldon Smith sacks, and for a few possessions he became a little gun shy, lowering his eye level and looking at the rush, and hurried some throws leading to some inaccurate passes.

But Wilson was once again unflappable in the 4th.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":sh54xi7e said:

Okay...I have been trying not to take your bait, but this I HAVE to hear. We're a straight pass-first team, Wilson threw for five touchdowns and God knows how many yards, and the gameplan is STILL bad? How?

Nunya

Reaction score
John63":1l4aswcy said:

I second MontanaHawk....please explain to us how the game plan hurt the O-Line.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/andref1989/status/1310627139318931456[/tweet]

Using the PFF metrics that some here accept as irrefutable fact, we can see a visual representation of the offensive line's improvement, especially in pass protection.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3uf7naum said:

Using the PFF metrics that some here accept as irrefutable fact, we can see a visual representation of the offensive line's improvement, especially in pass protection.

Great post.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1i5oncxz said:
Maelstrom787":1i5oncxz said:

Great post.

Thank you. It confirms what we're seeing via the eye test - the passing offense is improved in all ways, including the protection, in no small part due to a tendency shift towards higher passing frequency.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dbllusn said:
Come on John. Minus the dumb decision by DK (which he made up for, so hopefully people will get off his back) Russ basically had 6 touchdown passes and 300 Plus passing yards. The O Line has been better than expected so far. Esp. since they were expected to be brutal. I'm one of many who probably are pleasantly surprised at how they have played. Plenty of room for improvement, but not nearly as bad as advertised. Russ has been incredible, but his O Line has also helped. Just sayin.

Dude you seem to think that if Wilson has a good game that means the oline was good. Thats not true. They had great moments and they had bad ones. However, this time I don't blame it all on them I think the game plan was dumb. They went away form the quick passes and seem to go for more longer stuff. My guess is based n what Atlanta did. Also lets remember the numbe rof penalties they are still getting.

Have they been better than I thought they would be YES, can they get better I hope so.

To me they need to p[ut 4 good qtrs together, they seem to be able to do it toward the end when the others dline is gassed. But struggle in Qtrs 1-2.

The good thing for me is they are no longer my the biggest concern, the honor goes to the defense.

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":7zjze69b said:
John63":7zjze69b said:

Okay...I have been trying not to take your bait, but this I HAVE to hear. We're a straight pass-first team, Wilson threw for five touchdowns and God knows how many yards, and the gameplan is STILL bad? How?

ahh again let me try this, they game plan for games 1-2 was great, quick passes that helped oline, This game we did not do much quick passes, this did not help the oline. Thats all. I said the game plan did not help the oline, they obviously saw what Atlanta did and went bombs away. But I think more short passes especially in qtr 1-2 would have helped the oline.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because putting up 38 (should have been 45 w/the DK play) is SO horrible.
You honestly don't think the O Line contributed to basically putting up 45 points if DK doesn't make that mistake?
In order to make those long bomb plays, the O line has to hold up long enough. If you just blatantly refuse to give the o-line any credit, I doubt you ever will.

3-0

RichNhansom

Reaction score
John63":2mcwmqck said:
MontanaHawk05":2mcwmqck said:
John63":2mcwmqck said:

ahh again let me try this, they game plan for games 1-2 was great, quick passes that helped oline, This game we did not do much quick passes, this did not help the oline. Thats all. I said the game plan did not help the oline, they obviously saw what Atlanta did and went bombs away. But I think more short passes especially in qtr 1-2 would have helped the oline.

Agree with John here,

Russ seemed to go back to his old style of swinging for the fences on nearly every snap. I don't know if that was play calling or Russ but I was saying during the game it seemed we were making no attempt at crossing routes or short quick hits. Those type of plays draw the defense in, get the ball out quickly, reduce sacks, keeps the O-line fresher, reduces holding calls and false starts and overall help the long ball when you go to it and it was what we were doing the first two games.

Latest posts