O-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Jville":j50ld7ps said:
sdog1981":j50ld7ps said:
Jville":j50ld7ps said:
In 2016 they added 3 drafted linemen plus a priority rookie free agent to the roster. In so doing, they assumed the weight of a lot of inexperience after losses of experience. Statements that they were starting over began sometime after that draft and carried thru the preseason. You'll find their assessments and explanations in archive press conferences and radio interviews of that time period. For me, the Tom Cable and John Schneider interviews on the subject were particularly memorable.

So the 10 linemen draft from 2011-2015 was just for fun? You have failed to produce a statement from any Seahawks staff member that they where starting over.

Good Grief,

Neither I nor anyone else are under any obligation to do your bidding. Not now ..... not ever. If your actually interested in what Cable and Bevell and Pete and John had to say on the subject, then you can go back and do your own damn search of the archives. It's not that difficult.

Yes you do and that has been this sites standard for years. If you started a new topic post with the headline “Seahawks Oline Starts Over” then proceeded to follow it up with ZERO links to quotes by Seahawks staff members. Your topic would be locked and deleted. The burden of proof is on you, because YOU are the one that is saying a member of the Seahawks said they where starting over. The Seahawks staff almost never admins publicly that they are wrong or they need to go in another direction. They say the same thing over and over “These guys are really working hard” “These guys are always competing” “Thes guys just need to clean up some communication issues”

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":nyks7hwy said:
Yes you do and that has been this sites standard for years. If you started a new topic post with the headline “Seahawks Oline Starts Over” then proceeded to follow it up with ZERO links to quotes by Seahawks staff members. Your topic would be locked and deleted. The burden of proof is on you, because YOU are the one that is saying a member of the Seahawks said they where starting over. The Seahawks staff almost never admins publicly that they are wrong or they need to go in another direction. They say the same thing over and over “These guys are really working hard” “These guys are always competing” “Thes guys just need to clean up some communication issues”

I agree, and he will never present this because it doesn't exist. Never have I heard anything close to "starting over" on the oline from coaching, and I've followed their "development" (or better lack there of) very close since 2013 since I've seen this area as such a liability to the teams growth.

Telling YOU to go find the needle in the haystack when he supposedly knows where it is is just another way of saying it doesn't exist.

Jville

Reaction score
sdog1981":73bki2z3 said:
Jville":73bki2z3 said:
sdog1981":73bki2z3 said:
Jville":73bki2z3 said:
In 2016 they added 3 drafted linemen plus a priority rookie free agent to the roster. In so doing, they assumed the weight of a lot of inexperience after losses of experience. Statements that they were starting over began sometime after that draft and carried thru the preseason. You'll find their assessments and explanations in archive press conferences and radio interviews of that time period. For me, the Tom Cable and John Schneider interviews on the subject were particularly memorable.

So the 10 linemen draft from 2011-2015 was just for fun? You have failed to produce a statement from any Seahawks staff member that they where starting over.

Good Grief,

Neither I nor anyone else are under any obligation to do your bidding. Not now ..... not ever. If your actually interested in what Cable and Bevell and Pete and John had to say on the subject, then you can go back and do your own damn search of the archives. It's not that difficult.

There was no new topic started ..... only my recollection of related historic remarks.

Look ..... I'm not interested in being drawn into a spiting contest with you or anyone else. I'm also not seeking your approval. We both know that is not the purpose of this forum.

I have no burden to package proof of any "dated links" when they are readily available in known archives. Especially to anyone that demonstrates persistent disinterest in them as they become available. I'm simply not going to be goated into chasing down archived press conferences and such for those who are predisposed to dismiss that very content as nothing more than coach speech or window dressing by management. That is a pointless exercise. Seahawks dot com is the starting point for anyone open to going back in time to read, listen and review a history of staff and management statements.

If you wish to dismiss my recollection, that's fine. It is not at all surprising to be dismissed by the very voices that are so dismissive of Seahawk staff and personnel. I'm in good company with many excellent dot net members as well as the Seattle Seahawks.

Getting back on topic ....... I'm looking forward to the match up with the New York Giants and the information that game and related press conferences and interviews will provide. :2thumbs: I hope everyone is enjoying the 2017 season.

Go Hawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
Topic is the O line and how much it stinks and has stunk since Pete has pretty much been here.

As far as .com and coaches speaking, we have seen the always compete mantra from day one, we have not seen a player or a coach held accountable, rather were working on getting better and need to tweak a few things. It's not this regimes way of doing things. Looking for answers in a Seahawks press conference is close to asking the current POTUS if he is doing a great job, you know the answer you will get before you ask the question.

To get a real breakdown you have to go outside the influence are of the Seahawks, very few reporters will call anyone out around here locally as well since access to players and good standing can also be limited by them.

That leaves National writers and Color guys and analysts that come in as well as some bloggers. Those you have to weigh their knowledge base of the team before accepting their statements as a valued level of input. Also which axe they have to grind about the team.

The actual best evaluators are the group speak of a place like this that follows the team, knows the game and is not blinded with the rose colored glasses and Coach Speak.

If I am looking at a used car and drive it, hear noises, steam come out of the hood etc am I going to believe the salesman that it's fine just a few tweaks and you will never have to worry about it again? Or use my own judgement and say that there is something wrong with this car and pass and find one better.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":3ut0b18u said:
Topic is the O line and how much it stinks and has stunk since Pete has pretty much been here.

As far as .com and coaches speaking, we have seen the always compete mantra from day one, we have not seen a player or a coach held accountable, rather were working on getting better and need to tweak a few things. It's not this regimes way of doing things. Looking for answers in a Seahawks press conference is close to asking the current POTUS if he is doing a great job, you know the answer you will get before you ask the question.

To get a real breakdown you have to go outside the influence are of the Seahawks, very few reporters will call anyone out around here locally as well since access to players and good standing can also be limited by them.

That leaves National writers and Color guys and analysts that come in as well as some bloggers. Those you have to weigh their knowledge base of the team before accepting their statements as a valued level of input. Also which axe they have to grind about the team.

The actual best evaluators are the group speak of a place like this that follows the team, knows the game and is not blinded with the rose colored glasses and Coach Speak.

If I am looking at a used car and drive it, hear noises, steam come out of the hood etc am I going to believe the salesman that it's fine just a few tweaks and you will never have to worry about it again? Or use my own judgement and say that there is something wrong with this car and pass and find one better.

Well said. As the proverbial saying goes...you hit the nail on the head! :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
The topic is the offensive line.

What one thinks of it is a matter of opinion.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":212xyob6 said:
The topic is the offensive line.

What one thinks of it is a matter of opinion.

Except your defense is look at the interviews and stories on .com and not make an opinion other then tell others there's is invalid.

Straw man argument.

AgentDib

Reaction score
chris98251":3slgaiea said:
As far as .com and coaches speaking, we have seen the always compete mantra from day one, we have not seen a player or a coach held accountable
Fans worried about that originally given Pete's college history and player friendly approach. That idea was disabused in the first off-season when he passed on Taylor Mays to select Thomas, when he traded for his USC RB LenDale White only to cut him right away over a drug violation, when he passed on Everson Griffin in 2011, when he cut Tatupu in 2011 despite his strong personal history with him, and even in modern years when we let loyal USC guys like Malcom Smith and Mike Morgan walk to save money. As far as coaching goes, Pete fired the OC he brought with him from USC, Jeremy Bates, after his very first season because Pete didn't like our 2010 run/pass ratios.

"Pete doesn't hold his own guys responsible" is strictly a post-2014 SB fan meme, when the few people who blame our offensive coaching for all of our ills needed an explanation for why they continue to be employed. Their opinion is so obviously correct to them that they can't even acknowledge that Pete may have a different view, rather he must be soft-hearted or be the subject of blackmail.

chris98251

Reaction score
AgentDib":5ofb1tbj said:
chris98251":5ofb1tbj said:
As far as .com and coaches speaking, we have seen the always compete mantra from day one, we have not seen a player or a coach held accountable
Fans worried about that originally given Pete's college history and player friendly approach. That idea was disabused in the first off-season when he passed on Taylor Mays to select Thomas, when he traded for his USC RB LenDale White only to cut him right away over a drug violation, when he passed on Everson Griffin in 2011, when he cut Tatupu in 2011 despite his strong personal history with him, and even in modern years when we let loyal USC guys like Malcom Smith and Mike Morgan walk to save money. As far as coaching goes, Pete fired the OC he brought with him from USC, Jeremy Bates, after his very first season because Pete didn't like our 2010 run/pass ratios.

"Pete doesn't hold his own guys responsible" is strictly a post-2014 SB fan meme, when the few people who blame our offensive coaching for all of our ills needed an explanation for why they continue to be employed. Their opinion is so obviously correct to them that they can't even acknowledge that Pete may have a different view, rather he must be soft-hearted or be the subject of blackmail.

Pete may have a different view, rather he must be soft-hearted or be the subject of blackmail

Or maybe he so stubborn he cannot adjust to what he has to work with or is so close to the situation he can't see the forest through the trees.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":1j7iqhf9 said:

Unreal.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
chris98251":5xp60alt said:

The best evaluators are a collection of morons posting on places like this? You can't possibly be serious with this.

Perhaps the bolded would be true if, 1) the average poster on here actually did know the game (which they don't) and 2) were not blinded by jade colored glasses (which they are).

chris98251

Reaction score

Jville , thanks you for your in depth reply and deep explanation, others will learn so much from all the time and thought you put into it.

Sun Tzu

The best evaluators are a collection of morons posting on places like this? You can't possibly be serious with this.

I guess your opinion of the whole board as Morons shows the level of reading you do here.

Which is why I selected this as a way to distinguish fans that have layman's understanding or are new to the game.

I guess that doesn't matter as it is more convenient for the two of you to disrespect the rest of those that do not agree with you that your opinion of them is much lower then that or yourselves therefore irrelevant.

Why be here when all you have to do is read what's on .Com then.

Jville

Reaction score

LOL That is a mighty high pedestal the author has built ..... as if such a ridiculous statement can somehow elevate an author's opinion over dissimilar opinions. Fortunately at dot net, there remains a a rich mix of independent opinions about the offensive line ...... including varying opinions about best information sources.

Speaking of sources and information, does anyone have anything new on how Jordan Roos and Isaiah Battle are coming along. They have been inactive so far this year so information on their development is not readily addressed. I do know that Luke Willson recommended, this past week, that 710 radio get Jordan Roos on the air for a segment. So there is that future possibility.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3le9iojp said:

LOL That is a mighty high pedestal the author has built ..... as if such a ridiculous statement can somehow elevate an author's opinion over dissimilar opinions. Fortunately at dot net, there remains a a rich mix of independent opinions about the offensive line ...... including varying opinions about best information sources.

Speaking of sources and information, does anyone have anything new on how Jordan Roos and Isaiah Battle are coming along. They have been inactive so far this year so information on their development is not readily addressed. I do know that Luke Willson recommended, this past week, that 710 radio get Jordan Roos on the air for a segment. So there is that future possibility.

Here you can put this as your rubber stamp answer since your opinion references only what's on that site anyway and you don't have to waste time explaining it. http://www.seahawks.com/

There is not a writer anywhere more familiar with the Seahawks as the fans of this site. Those that have a good understanding of the game and positions have historically given some of the best insight anywhere. Why ? Because they pay attention day to day and week to week, not like a lot of writers who want clicks or are given a assignment to cover once in a while. I suppose your favorite is Pete Prisco based on your lack of details and reference to another site versus an actual opinion.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":1jd3pqen said:
Jville":1jd3pqen said:

Here you can put this as your rubber stamp answer since your opinion references only what's on that site anyway and you don't have to waste time explaining it. http://www.seahawks.com/

There is not a writer anywhere more familiar with the Seahawks as the fans of this site. Those that have a good understanding of the game and positions have historically given some of the best insight anywhere. Why ? Because they pay attention day to day and week to week, not like a lot of writers who want clicks or are given a assignment to cover once in a while. I suppose your favorite is Pete Prisco based on your lack of details and reference to another site versus an actual opinion.

It's not necessary to dismiss or degrade others as a prerequisite to posting an opinion. And, such behavior doesn't diminish the opinions of others. It doesn't diminish the opinions of fans who have no weekly access to the VMAC and are running short on entertainment time during the week. All are free to pick and chose sources of information. All are free to post opinions and links. That's the reality.

Speaking strictly for myself, I find the whole "group think" argument to be something akin to a Borg fantasy. :229031_shrug: But to each there own.

Returning to the original subject once again ....... I continue to be interested in finding up dates on the progress of Jordan Roos and Isaiah Battle. If anyone hears anything about their progress, please post.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":utrltnl6 said:
chris98251":utrltnl6 said:
Jville":utrltnl6 said:

It's not necessary to dismiss or degrade others as a prerequisite to posting an opinion. And, such behavior doesn't diminish the opinions of others. It doesn't diminish the opinions of fans who have no weekly access to the VMAC and are running short on entertainment time during the week. All are free to pick and chose sources of information. All are free to post opinions and links. That's the reality.

Speaking strictly for myself, I find the whole "group think" argument to be something akin to a Borg fantasy. :229031_shrug: But to each there own.

Returning to the original subject once again ....... I continue to be interested in finding up dates on the progress of Jordan Roos and Isaiah Battle. If anyone hears anything about their progress, please post.

So your speaking as a hypocrite based on your statement above degrading others in your post.

Jville

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many insults are hurled at me. I'm not going to join your Borg.

The subject is "O-line".

Status
Not open for further replies.