Panic level (poll)

What's your panic level?

• 0. It's pre season man. We talkin about practice

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • 1-3. Wish our depth was a bit better. Haven't seen most of the starters yet.

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • 4-6. What I've seen so far is concerning

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • 7-9. We need to wake up. What is going on? This will be a long season

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 10. Initiate DEFCON 1! Fire everyone! This team is a dumpster fire!

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
After tonight's pre season beat down by Denver, what's your panic level at?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No panic here. Feel like the depth is a little lacking, but I'm not judging them harshly on the results whatsoever. No starting quarterback play, over 20 players held back in each game so far, and a new OC who I'm sure doesn't want to put his actual scheme on film.

I don't want to see any more injuries. That's what I care about.

Chawker

Reaction score
Maybe if we got a real cute puppy for a QB nobody would want to tackle him, then he could just run the ball in for a touchdown. :mrgreen:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think this team is going to be god awful if any starter gets hurt. Our defense is going to be awful. Ranked in the high 20’s. Worse than last year. Scheme is terrible. Doesn’t matter who plays it. Teams can pick it apart.

Hope they are hiding their game plans. Which just means by week 8 they will start sucking on offense. I have no faith in this team after this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
Jerhawk":tkq5e573 said:

Panic? No.

Legitimate concern? Yes.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure how we are supposed to 'get the offense down' without playing the starters...but whatever.

My concern is that right now, preseason has essentially laid the groundwork for people to be concerned.

Even with the 2nd strings against 1st strings, this was bad.

But let's pretend that does not matter.

We are breaking in a new offense. There will be rough patches and a learning curve.

We have a borderline incompetent DC, one that demands us to score 30+ points just to win.

What happens when the defense is doing the usual thing (when not playing six games in a row against terrible or backup QBs), and the offense can not only NOT bail us out - but might need the defense to help bail it out?

Those become losses.

We have already had a listless preseason to make it hard to be optimistic. That came on the tail of Wilson almost demanding a trade (depending on your interpretation). Does that kill fan interest in the team?

We will see.

We are going to have 2-3 games that our offense is just not clicking on. As we iron out the issues and our guys learn this new way of playing. We already have the defense baking in a few losses for us. We don't need the offense baking a few more in. But that looks likely.

The way Denver was tackling today, I get why we are not playing our starters. But the cost might be a very very rusty offense when we start playing the starters.

balakoth

Reaction score
My Panic level? vs 1s and 2s vs our 2s 3s and 4s most of the night?

None. The fact this is even a poll shows how obtuse we might all be

balakoth

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3klgq5dl said:
Not sure how we are supposed to 'get the offense down' without playing the starters...but whatever.

My concern is that right now, preseason has essentially laid the groundwork for people to be concerned.

Even with the 2nd strings against 1st strings, this was bad.

But let's pretend that does not matter.

We are breaking in a new offense. There will be rough patches and a learning curve.

We have a borderline incompetent DC, one that demands us to score 30+ points just to win.

What happens when the defense is doing the usual thing (when not playing six games in a row against terrible or backup QBs), and the offense can not only NOT bail us out - but might need the defense to help bail it out?

Those become losses.

We have already had a listless preseason to make it hard to be optimistic. That came on the tail of Wilson almost demanding a trade (depending on your interpretation). Does that kill fan interest in the team?

We will see.

We are going to have 2-3 games that our offense is just not clicking on. As we iron out the issues and our guys learn this new way of playing. We already have the defense baking in a few losses for us. We don't need the offense baking a few more in. But that looks likely.

The way Denver was tackling today, I get why we are not playing our starters. But the cost might be a very very rusty offense when we start playing the starters.

Most of our players in this game tonight were not even second stringers... we had.. our friggen full back special teamer.. playing LB.... Come on now...

balakoth

Reaction score
hawks85":ktlcg4xc said:
This is 1 of 3 things.
1. This "New Offense" is all hype
2. The 2nd strings are bad
3. Both

This new offense with none of our starting OL. None of our WRs, none of our TEs.... 2nd stringers are bad? You mean the actual second stringers who made plays.. the rest 3rd.. fourth.. and offensive players playing LBer...

Our fan base.. is.. way off "base"

AgentDib

Reaction score
We are approaching these games by resting almost everybody who is a lock to make the team. Only the injuries really matter as a result, and mild concern seems appropriate given we had two players who might have made the team carted off the field with what look to be season ending injuries.

You can't get too worked up over "depth" in these games when many of the players on the field will not be on our final roster. McGough turning the ball over for a half doesn't say anything about how good the 2021 Seahawks will be either way.

FPD

Reaction score
[youtube]Q3_2entulkw[/youtube]

hawks85

Reaction score
balakoth":3ro97oz4 said:
hawks85":3ro97oz4 said:
This is 1 of 3 things.
3. Both

This new offense with none of our starting OL. None of our WRs, none of our TEs.... 2nd stringers are bad? You mean the actual second stringers who made plays.. the rest 3rd.. fourth.. and offensive players playing LBer...

I'm not way off anything. For 2 straight weeks this offense hasn't scored a single TD and hasn't had a descent offensive drive. They didn't even improve this week on offense they were actually worse than last week, but I'm not judging yet. The starters are supposed to play the first half next week, and if it's the same performance it's time for concern.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I voted 4-6, it's not super scary based on what I saw tonight. It was embarrassing don't get me wrong, but there was some signs of life on Defense and Offense.

What's scary is imagining this kind of performance for our whole season.

What's scary is another season we don't make the conference finals...

The scary is VERY real... but I'm not that scared from this particular performance even though we lost horrifically.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kzsxfp5 said:
No panic here. Feel like the depth is a little lacking, but I'm not judging them harshly on the results whatsoever. No starting quarterback play, over 20 players held back in each game so far, and a new OC who I'm sure doesn't want to put his actual scheme on film.

I don't want to see any more injuries. That's what I care about.

It seems like our new Offensive Coordinator is vanilla by design. Like put a kid in a wheel chair as QB that's this offensive coordinator.

THEY WERE WORKING WITH JARED GOFF HE'S TRASHHHHHHHHHH!

What do you think he's really holding back? I really doubt it in my opinion.

Tokadub

Reaction score
HawkinNY":szf73hfd said:
I think this team is going to be god awful if any starter gets hurt. Our defense is going to be awful. Ranked in the high 20’s. Worse than last year. Scheme is terrible. Doesn’t matter who plays it. Teams can pick it apart.

Hope they are hiding their game plans. Which just means by week 8 they will start sucking on offense. I have no faith in this team after this game.

Yeah... I don't know why we fired Schotty but we have Ken Norton. I think Schotty was 10x better than Ken Norton strategically.

Ken Norton has no idea what he's doing. He's punch drunk just like his daddy.

Tokadub

Reaction score
HawkinNY":1mrkqqmv said:

At a certain point you need some integrity in your staff. "Always Compete" should include your coaches... this guy is just a bum. He has no idea how to coach. He's never shown A SINGLE SIGN HE KNOWS HOW TO COACH...

Tokadub

Reaction score
balakoth":2nv9ajre said:
hawks85":2nv9ajre said:
This is 1 of 3 things.
3. Both

There is a reason they aren't playing, we are a very weak team right now. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE A SINGLE PLAYER BECAUSE OUR DEPTH CHART LOOKS LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM!

Omahawk

Reaction score
We went from being perennial sucksters to the exact opposite in very short time. What caused it? Mike Holmgren. What kept it afloat after it seemed our window was closing? Pistol Pete. Sorry, boys, but it's time again. We're a bubble team, far worse than what we've come to expect recently but also a far cry from our decades of mediocrity. I'm happy for the OC change but what I liked about Holmgren being both HC and OC was that it was his way or the highway. Pete needs to forget the Super Bowl INT. He's been soft ever since. His balls and competitiveness have softened. If this new OC can call all plays and can earn the trust of Wilson, we'll be more than fine. If that happens, which I do believe it will but not until about midway through the season, we'll make the playoffs and will be very dangeruss. At that point, I think Carroll should hang 'em up. Put the cleats on the hook and walk away a legend. Thanks for your service, Pete. Retire a winner. Make the OC the HC and bask in your glory. I'm tired of hearing from the commentators every single game that Pete's the oldest coach. He's intense. He's youthful. He brings charisma and taps into players' potential like no other. No. He's passionate. He's a HOF coach both college and NFL but I want a change.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":27xtvoks said:

We haven't seen much of the starters yet, and IMO, the new improved offense won't be on the field until next game/game 1.

I'm not freaking out - the game looked like a bit of a circus/old home week - although I LOVED the broadcast on Fox. Like the sideline interviews with Russ, Adams, No E, etc -

I'll freak out if we go 0-2 with starters. If we lose the first real season home game I'll officially be worried.

I don't think we've seen nothin yet. Like the game crew last night said: "We're worrying about 3rd and 4th depth at some positions here - it's preseason".

Let's get the last of the contracts finalized and get the hell going. All the real starters looked good to go mentally in sideline interviews - THATS that I cared about.

Latest posts