Panther Fans Enlighten Me

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2yxt3bj4 said:
Erebus":2yxt3bj4 said:
What do you want them to enlighten you about? I didn't see a question in your post.

Me either.

If only there were some kind of IQ minimum for using the internet...

There was no smarmy cleverness before Panther fans invented it, that's for sure.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Polaris":jpnmk9tg said:
I think most people outside Charlotte (or the Carolina Area) are well aware of the overwhelming structural advantages that Seattle enjoys this time vs when they met during the regular season. Seattle is an 11pt favorite for a reason!

That said, I kind of expect the reaction we are seeing from Panther fans and it warms my heart a bit (which is nice to feel before we tear the heart out of the Panther fans and step on it this Saturday...but I digress). It reminds me a bit of how we were back during the 2010 playoffs (which was actually in 2011) right after we took out the Defending World Champs, New Orleans.....after going 7-9 during the regular season.

Chicago introduced us back to reality the next week by being the better team (at the time). I expect largely the same thing to happen this time [IE Seattle wins decisively reminding everyone who the better team is].

Exactly.

This Carolina team has a lot of young talent. It also has a lot plenty of room for improvement.

I don't think any Panther fan would say Carolina is the better team right now. But the Panthers are on the right track.

It feels like more than a few posters around here never really cared much about a sports team until recently. I imagine these are the same folks that were sure Seattle was going 19-0 before the season got started.

Don't worry guys, you'll get knocked down to earth soon enough. Enjoy the run while it's here, because it can fade quickly.

ctrcat

Reaction score
2012 was a 4 PM EST game and the Panthers were coming off THE most maddening loss in franchise history @ATL, 2013 was the opener, how is the 1 PM EST an advantage there when no one has played any game to compare or adjust? And 2014 the Hawks had just played a 1 PM EST @STL. I just fail to see any advantage with the start time, and the Panthers are 14-9 all time on the west coast.

Admittedly, the Panthers have had less of a HFA, relatively speaking, than the rest of the league and won @SF, @NO, and @ATL, while losing at home in the same year to these teams. All time, there have even been more road playoff wins than home.

Amazingly, the Panthers have won more games in December than any team in the National Football League since entering the league. A bizarre but true stat. Cam also has the second highest active December win % after Brady, and that includes a loss @Arrowhead the day after the murder/suicide there, a game they clearly showed compassion to the Chiefs. The bottom line is they simply play better at the end of the year.

Just food for thought.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Captain Obvious":2sn4vscd said:
HawkFan72":2sn4vscd said:
thebigcat":2sn4vscd said:
we started this season off very poorly and inexcusable. We lost our probowl DE because our owner caved under pressure, we lost our all pro LT to retirement and our pro bowl WR was cut, we had a patchwork offensive line and lost the entire secondary and WR group. Despite all this, we win the division albeit a weak one and ever since the Minnesota game the team has lit a fire.

You lost your Pro Bowl DE because he's a scumbag and should be in jail. Your owner finally did the right thing. The sad thing is that he waited to do it until the pressure was too great.

Granted he is a scumbag but it was a misdemeanor first offense charge that is still awaiting a jury trail. He has no official convictions yet. Maybe we can hold off on throwing him in jail until due process has taken its course. BY the way in NC he will probably get probation for first time offender. Too many liberties are being trampled now a days I would like to keep the innocence until proven guilty one for a while longer.

You can't be serious? He WAS convicted by a judge! That was his choice to go before the judge. He didn't like the outcome (mostly because he knew if he accepted it he would have been suspended by the NFL) so through " Due process" he is now appealing it going in front of a jury. He didn't know at the time he appealed that the NFL was about to be caught in a windstorm of player conduct issues and he would be suspended anyways....... God help us if you are a sample of his peers that will be on that jury. He is a criminal. But because NC allows abusing women he was sentenced to 18 months probation and 60 days and in jail were suspended. But from the land of Rae Carruth I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ctrcat":a33xh1vj said:
And 2014 the Hawks had just played a 1 PM EST @STL. I just fail to see any advantage with the start time, and the Panthers are 14-9 all time on the west coast.

You really don't see how traveling back to back weeks across the country for early games can affect a team?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ctrcat":2n0wbmlb said:
2012 was a 4 PM EST game and the Panthers were coming off THE most maddening loss in franchise history @ATL, 2013 was the opener, how is the 1 PM EST an advantage there when no one has played any game to compare or adjust? And 2014 the Hawks had just played a 1 PM EST @STL. I just fail to see any advantage with the start time, and the Panthers are 14-9 all time on the west coast.

Admittedly, the Panthers have had less of a HFA, relatively speaking, than the rest of the league and won @SF, @NO, and @ATL, while losing at home in the same year to these teams. All time, there have even been more road playoff wins than home.

Amazingly, the Panthers have won more games in December than any team in the National Football League since entering the league. A bizarre but true stat. Cam also has the second highest active December win % after Brady, and that includes a loss @Arrowhead the day after the murder/suicide there, a game they clearly showed compassion to the Chiefs. The bottom line is they simply play better at the end of the year.

Just food for thought.
Going West to East has been proven to be more detrimental to a teams chances of winning than going East to West.

I hope we really don't have to explain this to you.

Smellyman

Reaction score
ringless":3g6a18fo said:
I took a gander over on the Panthers forum and was quite surprised.

After taking a look I was almost convinced it was the Seahawks who just a month ago had only won 3 games, and that Carolina was the hottest team in the league and reigning super bowl champions and I now believe that Seattle doesn't stand a chance

It is a strange bunch over there.

razor150

Reaction score
I find it funny that the Panthers win an extremely bad NFC South with a losing record, with their winning streak being a cake schedule for any decent team. Then beat an injury depleted, on offense and defense, Cards team starting a QB that was on the practice squad a few weeks back, ones that owns the record for futility in trying to get his first TD throw, and the Cards still could have won that game. The same cards team we obliterated. After all that we're supposed to believe that Panthers are somehow a good team?

Rickomatic

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":bia95xp1 said:
Polaris":bia95xp1 said:
I think most people outside Charlotte (or the Carolina Area) are well aware of the overwhelming structural advantages that Seattle enjoys this time vs when they met during the regular season. Seattle is an 11pt favorite for a reason!

That said, I kind of expect the reaction we are seeing from Panther fans and it warms my heart a bit (which is nice to feel before we tear the heart out of the Panther fans and step on it this Saturday...but I digress). It reminds me a bit of how we were back during the 2010 playoffs (which was actually in 2011) right after we took out the Defending World Champs, New Orleans.....after going 7-9 during the regular season.

Chicago introduced us back to reality the next week by being the better team (at the time). I expect largely the same thing to happen this time [IE Seattle wins decisively reminding everyone who the better team is].

Exactly.

This Carolina team has a lot of young talent. It also has a lot plenty of room for improvement.

I don't think any Panther fan would say Carolina is the better team right now. But the Panthers are on the right track.

It feels like more than a few posters around here never really cared much about a sports team until recently. I imagine these are the same folks that were sure Seattle was going 19-0 before the season got started.

Don't worry guys, you'll get knocked down to earth soon enough. Enjoy the run while it's here, because it can fade quickly.

This is pretty funny coming from a fan whose franchise started in 1993. Some of us have been fans since 1976.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
razor150":3b5xujbh said:
I find it funny that the Panthers win an extremely bad NFC South with a losing record, with their winning streak being a cake schedule for any decent team. Then beat an injury depleted, on offense and defense, Cards team starting a QB that was on the practice squad a few weeks back, ones that owns the record for futility in trying to get his first TD throw, and the Cards still could have won that game. The same cards team we obliterated. After all that we're supposed to believe that Panthers are somehow a good team?

Yes, that appears to be the concept.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1ec7v8bb said:
razor150":1ec7v8bb said:

Right.

A few weeks ago we went on the road and obliterated AZ by 30.

Last week Carolina, at home, won a close contest against those same Cardinals. Pretty recent comparables.

I havent seen any of the Panther fans-clearly showing what has to be fake bravado...... mention this.

I guess when your only hope is "any given sunday" I can see why not.

razor150

Reaction score
Hawkpower":r1kdin7x said:
Grahamhawker":r1kdin7x said:
razor150":r1kdin7x said:

Right.

A few weeks ago we went on the road and obliterated AZ by 30.

Last week Carolina, at home, won a close contest against those same Cardinals. Pretty recent comparables.

I havent seen any of the Panther fans-clearly showing what has to be fake bravado...... mention this.

I guess when your only hope is "any given sunday" I can see why not.

Plus at the time the Cards were still playig for HoF advantage throughout the playoffs. This was playoff game for both teams. To be blunt the Panthers, like the 7-9 Seahawks before them, don't belong in the playoffs, but at least those Seahawks beat a team that wasn't a shell of it's former self in the Saints. If the Cards had managed to beat the 49ers we'd be preparing for the Lions right now.

Mol3m4n

Reaction score
Chawks1":3cceurxj said:
Captain Obvious":3cceurxj said:
HawkFan72":3cceurxj said:
thebigcat":3cceurxj said:
we started this season off very poorly and inexcusable. We lost our probowl DE because our owner caved under pressure, we lost our all pro LT to retirement and our pro bowl WR was cut, we had a patchwork offensive line and lost the entire secondary and WR group. Despite all this, we win the division albeit a weak one and ever since the Minnesota game the team has lit a fire.

You lost your Pro Bowl DE because he's a scumbag and should be in jail. Your owner finally did the right thing. The sad thing is that he waited to do it until the pressure was too great.

Granted he is a scumbag but it was a misdemeanor first offense charge that is still awaiting a jury trail. He has no official convictions yet. Maybe we can hold off on throwing him in jail until due process has taken its course. BY the way in NC he will probably get probation for first time offender. Too many liberties are being trampled now a days I would like to keep the innocence until proven guilty one for a while longer.

You can't be serious? He WAS convicted by a judge! That was his choice to go before the judge. He didn't like the outcome (mostly because he knew if he accepted it he would have been suspended by the NFL) so through " Due process" he is now appealing it going in front of a jury. He didn't know at the time he appealed that the NFL was about to be caught in a windstorm of player conduct issues and he would be suspended anyways....... God help us if you are a sample of his peers that will be on that jury. He is a criminal. But because NC allows abusing women he was sentenced to 18 months probation and 60 days and in jail were suspended. But from the land of Rae Carruth I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

You may want to familiarize yourself with North Carolina law. He actually isn't convicted because of the fact that he is waiting for an appeal. No one is necessarily convicted until the appeal process goes through. I'm not saying Hardy is innocent, but many people read the court proceedings that took place that day, and after the full story came out, we were fairly certain that Hardy would be found innocent. Too bad that the female judge was up for re-election and her campaign was "stricter sentences on domestic abuse against women."

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Panther fans, your team has been in existence exactly 10 years less than I've been a fan. On their huddle board they love talking about how we are bandwagon fans and nobody followed the hawks until 2012! It's like they completely erased the 2005 playoffs from their minds or THEY just started being fans during their 4 game winning streak. The 2005 NFC Championship was as close as you've ever gotten and it's sad that most Panther fans don't even remember it.

birdman5

Reaction score
Didn't they make it to the SB in the 2003 season?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1c3bie9t said:
Don't argue using facts with Panther fans, it just doesn't work. 49ers fanbase on this forum is more sane than these Panther fans on here, it's that sad.

Actually, you can argue using facts with Panther fans just fine. If your goal is to convince them they have no chance in this game, then you'll probably fail at that. Because, you see, they're fans. If your goal is to have debate and conversation about the game, facts work really well.

But if you want to get in pissing matches with them, I suppose you can do that, too.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Any given Sunday, I want my Seahawks to win, but every fan form every team must be hopeful and excited for the playoffs just like we were. Seahawks put together something with Whitehurst and won a playoff game. Lets respect the game and respect opposing fans opinions. After hope is all you can, statistics and history does not matter anymore when its game time. Ask Tom Brady about Joe Flacco. Something freaky happens that change a game. I am thankful that we are in the playoffs and I want the Seahawks to win the Superbowl. But all I can do is scream and cheer them when we are at the stadium. They count on us and its the playoffs. Lets respect the game and any opponent we play.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1v5zt9b9 said:

With our front office, I simply have seen them continuously find players that fit the teams mold, and frankly, I don't see the Hawks faltering anytime soon.

idahawks

Reaction score
So you cherry picked all the facts and stats in favor of the hawks and pointed them out the panther fans. Don't get me wrong panthers have a tall order to compete with us this weekend, you make a valid argument. However panther fans know this and know they aren't supposed to win. If they do win it will make posts like this that much sweeter to them. You have just piled up a huge order of crow if we lose. This thread will go crazy with panther fans. I would lay off the smack talk and negative statistics and let the game play out. The time for pointing out their deficiencies is after we win.

ctrcat

Reaction score
birdman5":2iuh0o6d said:
Didn't they make it to the SB in the 2003 season?

Another meaningless fun fact: that Eagles team had more playoff experience and won in CLT during the regular season rather handily before the tables were turned in a rowdy Philly during the playoffs.