Phil Haynes??

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Any news on Phil Haynes?
I've caught parts of the first 2 preseason games but haven't seen him. I'm guessing he's injured but I haven't been able to find anything.
Thanks in advance.

McGruff

Reaction score
EMTHawkfan":2liyslgz said:
Any news on Phil Haynes?
I've caught parts of the first 2 preseason games but haven't seen him. I'm guessing he's injured but I haven't been able to find anything.
Thanks in advance.

He is injured.

Jville

Reaction score
Rookie offensive lineman Phil Haynes remains on the (PUP) Physically Unable to Perform list after having undergone sports hernia surgery. There has been no update, that I can recall, since he was ruled out indefinitely.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm expecting great things from Phil Haynes too.
Just need to get and keep him and Jordan Simmons healthy.

Jville

Reaction score
(On Phil Haynes) “He had surgery for an athletic hernia, hip flexor issues you know. He’s not going to make it to be ready to play by the opener. Being a PUP guy, that’s kind of how he has chance to enter. We really wish we could get a shot at him, there are some decisions to be made on that. He could be one of the PUP guys going into the season, he could be on the roster. We really need him right now. With Mike [Iupati] being out, we could’ve really used him. He could’ve had a great opportunity this camp, as Jordan Simmons could have too. It’s unfortunate those guys missed it.”

Source >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/carroll-pete-08-28-19/[/urltargetblank]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He’s on PUP (sports hernia recovery), we won't see him until game 7. Think the team would like him back sooner, but it is what it is.

Tical21

Reaction score
Longest sports hernia surgery recovery ever

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Depends on how serious it was, but this sure looks like roster stash. As it seems clear is the case with DT - Christmas.

Who knows for sure but this looks like a JS thing to deepen the depth pool, allow for coaching up, and weight strength conditioning. Oh, and to allow the healing up of injuries ;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't see how either player actually comes off PUP to the active roster. I do think with Haynes his injury is lingering, but I think the only way he doesn't go on IR at this point is if there are other injuries to the interior of the line. I don't see how you have a rookie come on the active roster after not participating in training camp at all.

McGruff

Reaction score
Haynes was looking like a starter prior to his injury, but with Iupati and Pocic at LG, we have good depth.

Sucks losing both Haynes and Simmons though. Both look like legit starters.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1f6jdjrl said:
Depends on how serious it was, but this sure looks like roster stash. As it seems clear is the case with DT - Christmas.

Who knows for sure but this looks like a JS thing to deepen the depth pool, allow for coaching up, and weight strength conditioning. Oh, and to allow the healing up of injuries ;)
Yeah, well, we do have a couple of guys with 'questionable' injury history. Maybe they're looking at having some healthy options available at mid-season to cover for the inevitable losses along the way.

Sounds like sound strategy. :twisted:

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2txa3kko said:
Tical21":2txa3kko said:
Longest sports hernia surgery recovery ever

No Prosise took three seasons.

Took? Last I checked Prosise wasn't just making the club from still in the tub, but he actually commutes to work (ie "the big tub") in it!!

Maxresdefault

Latest posts