Poll: Do you think Seattle retains Michael Bennett?

Will Michael Bennett sign back with Seattle in free agency?

• Yes- He will remain a Seahawk.

Votes: 113 46.1%
  • No- He will sign elsewhere.

Votes: 132 53.9%

• Total voters

scutterhawk

Reaction score
In listening to Brock an Danny show, Brock states that there are MANY teams that will just about hogtie a player to get him to ink a contract, and that it's a voracious business.
I think that Chicago (knowing that the CAP elevates substantially in the next two Years), is going to offer Bennett something in the 9, to 10 Million range, and Bennett, having a Brother that's already playing for them, might just take the deal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It really comes down to whether Bennett wants more rings. If he has a burning desire for a fistful of rings, his comment about not taking a hometown discount could merely be a ploy to help prevent Seattle from low-balling him. I don't think that's the most likely scenario, but it's entirely possible.

I will never forget what Michael Irvin once said when someone asked him why he didn't wear any of his Super Bowl rings. He said you wear a ring to show everyone that you have one, but when you have three, everybody knows. (Paraphrasing, but that's what he said.) It always stuck with me, his response.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xmxb3b0h said:
Can we ban everyone that insulted Bennett in this thread for a month, mods?

Pretty please?

This thread isn't even a day old.

You Kuh-wayzee.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vq609iu said:
Err, I meant to say the other Bennett thread that got locked at 11 pages. Point remains, though!
That thread is less than 4 days old.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
What's your point? I never said the punishment should fit the crime. Month-long ban for hating on Bennett because he just wants to get paid seems fair to me. :lol:

jake206

Reaction score
Let him walk. I expect us to pick up an adequate free agent replacement on 1 year contract. Then restock in the draft. Do NOT overpay! Not a good formula for success.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2k1nqxia said:
What's your point? I never said the punishment should fit the crime. Month-long ban for hating on Bennett because he just wants to get paid seems fair to me. :lol:
Got it. You want them banned for a month, it read to me like you thought they insulted Bennett for a month.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Escamillo":1yejnnhk said:
I assume anyone that "tests the market" is gone. That's my default position in all cases.
But, echoing what someone said above, why do so many of you guys assume that he'll get a blockbuster offer this year when he didn't last year? You guys say, "Someone with crazy cap space will offer him billions" (that's hyperbole quoting on my part :p ), but why did that not happen last year? It's not like he had better stats this year than last year.

Market is always different from year to year.

With that said Bennett has now put together back to back stellar years in two different systems. The equity he has in the NFL has grown being a key component of a SB winning defense. I can definitely see a team with a ton of cap space like Cleveland to be at least somewhat interested in. They can only spend their money so many ways.

Plus thanks to teams like Seattle the NFL's focus may shift back to defense and what better way to emulate Seattle's D than have Seattle's players? I have a feeling that just as in the past years teams ran through our castaways like PI's digging through garbage we will see even more attention placed on acquiring players from Seattle's roster.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2akprxnw said:
Got it. You want them banned for a month, it read to me like you thought they insulted Bennett for a month.
Ah; nope, I just want to throw the book at those whiners. :D

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm happy to say I was in the OPTIMSTIC minority for once.

...though I forgot to vote in this one.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I voted yes (in both polls). When the Chicago story broke yesterday, I was pretty surprised.

Now lets replace Clemons with Jared Allen and watch the rest of the league tremble in fear. Jared Allen seems like the kind of guy who likes NASCAR.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Lot of talk about Denver being very interested in Allen. Wouldn't mind him on the cheap.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I doubt we sign Allen. His comment about wanting a fair contract makes me think the money means more than getting a ring, (which is perfectly fine) but I don't see us paying fair market value for him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2tuxkepw said:
I doubt we sign Allen. His comment about wanting a fair contract makes me think the money means more than getting a ring, (which is perfectly fine) but I don't see us paying fair market value for him.

What are you trying to say, Roland? That our FO is staffed by a bunch of "cheapskates"?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Glad I was wrong, I'm not sure how I feel about Allen over Clemons because it could upset the the locker room, but I think Allen might be more productive for less than Clemons and not having a semi recent knee injury will have 3 good years left.

Allen is just a scarier rusher than Clemons is, could you imaging Allen, Avril, and Bennett all rushing. The more I think about it the more I hope we can somehow get Allen on a 3 year $15-18mil type deal but not sure he'd take it.

If Peppers gets cut
Tuck
Allen
Clemons

30+yo passrushers don't get $9mil a season