Poll: Will you watch or boycott the Super Bowl?

Are you watching or boycotting the Super Bowl?

• Watching! I never miss the Big Game!

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Boycotting! I HATE the Pats, and the Rams were "Gifted" there.

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • I'll record it just to FF through the game to get to the commercials.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • GO RAMS!

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • GO PATRIOTS!

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Maybe, unless "Back To The Future" is on...

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Maroon 5 Mannnn!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Why couldn't it be Saints/Chiefs??? SIGHHHH....

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

94Smith

Reaction score
Last year was a great game, but viewership was way down

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hoping the ratings go in the toilet for this one. Fans are tired of seeing the Pat's in it every year and the Rams dont deserve to be in this game. I would think other fan bases feel the same.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
94Smith":3jp6a1c3 said:
Do you guys think the boycott the Super Bowl idea is common across league fan bases or unique to the Seahawks fan base? I can understand how you guys hate both the Patriots and dislike the Rams. I, as a 49ers fan, do not dislike the Rams as much as I don't think the 49ers have had a meaningful game against them since the early 2000s. And the Patriots I dislike as much as the next fan, but you guys have a special fervour against them due to the Super Bowl loss.

Anyway the reason I ask is Super Bowl viewership dipped in the US last year to 103 million. There is a prop bet paying 1.80 for over or under 106.5 million. Would you take the under bet? Seems like a lot of people are upset about the call at the Superdome. Was the dip last year due to kneeling across the league or does it represent a trend? Also the dip coincided with another Patriots Super Bowl birth...
My Cheatriots hate has nothing to do with the XLIX, that was self inflicted by a piss poor OC.

IMHO, the dip in the NFL numbers has to do with the weekly “flagfest”. Piss poor and or “steered officiating” is killing the NFL product.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'm sooooo uninterested in this damn game.

At first I thought I was just lying to myself, hence my not replying to this poll/thread until just now. But the last two days or so I have been trying my hardest to listen to 710 in the ride and I just can't do it.

For instance I was trying to listen to segments of John Clayton and even found myself genuinely annoyed with his usual, 'trademark' voice inflections/excited "teenage boy getting his 1st nut off" stuttering (yall know what I'm talking about) while he was interviewing certain folk, and that's when I KNEW that i truly have an emotional aversion to everything about this bullshit. Because I LOVE Clayton and that "heh..heh..heh hippity yippity" shit was driving me up the wall!

I don't ever want to see Tommy Uggs in another Super bowl.
I also don't want to watch the Rams doing any whining when a call doesn't go their way.

I think I might go to the gym with my daughter and play racquetball.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I really hope the ratings for this game take a huge hit. Hopefully the disgust for this crap is felt as strongly nationwide, and I'm pretty sure it is. Maybe that'll wake 'em up and know that if they wanna go all WWE, we'll quit watching. A lot of people think the Pats/Chiefs game was steered too, just not as egregiously as the Saints/Rams game. A Chiefs/Saints match-up would have had killer ratings. The NFL may have shot themselves in the foot.

Jville

Reaction score
Everyday provides options to chose from ........

The best day of the year for rolling down the road is Super Bowl Sunday. With so many programed to sit in front of that annual broadcast, road traffic is sparse to non existent. My thanks go out to the NFL.

I'll program the DVD tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be fully occupied out on the roadways.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Image zpsjw3qltu5

This picture still cracks me up for some reason.
Taken From the artist rendering of his trial.

chris98251

Reaction score
I may get my dogs nails clipped tomorrow since nothing important is going on.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Since SB 42, the only ones I've watched are 44, 48, 49, and 50. I can't stomach watching the Patriots, and not only because of what happened at the end of SB 49. Will be skipping this one for sure. GO RAMS!!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It’s the championship football game. It should be a great game. Of course I’ll be watching. Probably along with about 90% of the people in this thread who say they won’t be watching.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am going to a SB party to be with friends, drink and eat. I won’t be watching the game cause I HATE both teams. I will be wearing Hawk gear though. I just don’t give a flying f*** about the game itself.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Its minus 40 where I am today and really this would be a perfect day to stay inside and watch a good game of football. Too bad there isnt a game worth watching. First one I've missed since the late 90s if I recall

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1hyaka6x said:
It’s the championship football game. It should be a great game. Of course I’ll be watching. Probably along with about 90% of the people in this thread who say they won’t be watching.

thats a pretty big assumption.

Ive literally no interest in the game, much like the College Football final, the NBA finals last year, MLB finals. I only watched last year's Super Bowl because it was here in Minneapolis.

Ive watched 30 minutes of the NFL since the Seahawks lost, and that was the 2nd half of Rams-Saints.

I think a lot of fans are approaching the (many?) sports similar.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":39p8e23h said:
JSeahawks":39p8e23h said:

thats a pretty big assumption.

Ive literally no interest in the game, much like the College Football final, the NBA finals last year, MLB finals. I only watched last year's Super Bowl because it was here in Minneapolis.

Ive watched 30 minutes of the NFL since the Seahawks lost, and that was the 2nd half of Rams-Saints.

I think a lot of fans are approaching the (many?) sports similar.

I usually watch a lot of golf. I tried to watch some on the net on thursday as there is usually some fun at the Waste Management bowl. Well, all I got was a lot of buy our pga tour stuff on the net. So I did not watch. I tried to watch it on tv and got the buy our game stuff every 30 seconds. I went outside and split some firewood with my woodsplitter.

I dont watch NBA entitled players games. I did not watch the NCAAF final....Baseball is not for me. Thinking about more fishing this season....and vacations that are not sports related.

Mod Squad is on Decades tv. And other personal programs are on that I prefer for my entertainment.

I also have to go thru some home movies of a friend of mine to capture the section of movie for some other friends. That way they have a memory of their history.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I bought football themed cupcakes today. I seldom watch actual football but I do find it somewhat enjoyable to watch games I don't care about. Much more relaxing. That said, I doubt I will watch the game. Will likely loosely follow the score and may turn it on at the end if it looks interesting.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vpvxf0l said:

Well, I will NOT be watching. We're gonna watch a movie. I am recording it though, just in case something remarkable happens, and I'll check in on the gamecast on ESPN occasionally just to see what's going on. I just assume the Pats are gonna win... Bet the league is struggling with that. So, do we give Brady another ring, cementing him as the GOAT seeing as he's not gonna be around much longer, or do we go after that massive LA market? Hmmmmmm..... Hey, maybe LA will win! :lol: But regardless, the nation will have a keen eye on the officiating for this one. The league HAS to be feeling the heat about now. And hopefully, that turns out to be a good thing...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm playing games on my Vive right now. Screw the NFL's beloved new L.A. team. I wouldn't be surprised to find out about officiating that benefited the Rams in today's game after it's over, either.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just hoping it's an all round terrible game with horrible officiating. I will look later to see who the league picked to win. If it's the Rams they will always have this * beside their title win.