RB Latavius Murray visiting Seahawks

BlueBlood

Reaction score
6'3, 230, 4.38 combine 40 and 12 touchdowns last year

:drool:

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":2av4bsxt said:
I don't think it is silly to be concerned about the 4th and 5th rounds with ZERO picks. ESPECIALLY in THIS draft, when we need depth.

I will GUARANTEE you that Schneider feels that way also.

I guarantee he would rather have 3 3rd's than a 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Tical21

Reaction score
Any mathematicians here? What does 3.9 ypc with an elite line translate to with ours?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Lynch wasn't doing to well in Buffalo either before we traded for him, he has size and tools, if we can get down hill level running from him he may turn into something here.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Murray is a terrible scheme fit unless our O-line gets a hell of a lot better. He doesn't break tackles or make people miss. We shouldn't be paying for a RB unless they are good, there will be a greater supply than demand this year and are hopefully trying to drive up the price In some of these guys.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on Murray. I live near Syracuse,NY and my kid played ball against Murray. He never "looked" fast but he always torched people in high school. He ran a 4.3 at his pro day and he has size. But, somehow, that hasn't really transferred to the pros. I think another poster was right on with the fact that he runs too upright. He is not a ground pounder. I would love to see a local kid (for me) in a 'Hawks uniform but I'm not sure his style would work for us.

Tical21

Reaction score
chris98251":ffcjggxb said:
Well Lynch wasn't doing to well in Buffalo either before we traded for him, he has size and tools, if we can get down hill level running from him he may turn into something here.
Fair enough point. When I started looking at upcoming RB's in about week 12, he was the guy I first wanted. Big and fast. Watching his highlight tapes is just really uninspiring though. He doesn't run with much imagination nor bad-assery.

At the end of the day though, with Rawls and Procise as our other backs, the biggest need we might have is a guy we can hand it to a bunch of times that gets a handful of yards consistently, and plays more weeks than he doesn't. Although, I think he missed a good chunk of time this year, don't remember why.

Very surprised we haven't been rumored to be in discussions with Blount.

With Murray, Charles, Peterson, Lacy etc., it may just come down to who comes cheap, and there's a strong possibility none of them will.

Joe Williams is still the guy I want.

Mexi

Reaction score
I don't really like him that much. He has a high center of gravity and he really didn't do that well of a job running behind that good Raiders O-Line.

Mick063

Reaction score
Too tall and upright. I prefer more forward lean.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":edzsggfx said:
Largent80":edzsggfx said:
I don't think it is silly to be concerned about the 4th and 5th rounds with ZERO picks. ESPECIALLY in THIS draft, when we need depth.

While that may be true it is also true he will be moving picks around to get into those rounds we don't have picks in, he's done it before.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Largent80":2v21nnhh said:
Seymour":2v21nnhh said:
Largent80":2v21nnhh said:

While that may be true it is also true he will be moving picks around to get into those rounds we don't have picks in, he's done it before.

I could get a good look at a t-bone by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but I'd rather take the butchers word for it.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
At the very least, maybe this lights a fire under Collins and the rest.

We still have a huge Marshawn-shaped hole in our offensive toughness. If bringing in new guys can draw out a little nasty, territorial competitiveness in our current RBs, that's a good thing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2db4wkls said:
At the very least, maybe this lights a fire under Collins and the rest.

We still have a huge Marshawn-shaped hole in our offensive toughness. If bringing in new guys can draw out a little nasty, territorial competitiveness in our current RBs, that's a good thing.

I don't think Collins, nor any of the rest as you say, are holding anything back, I see it as them not having the toughness to take their play to Marshawn Lynch's "BEASTMODE" level, NOR were they getting the Run Push from the O-Line like ML was getting a few Years back.
It's obvious to most, that the last couple Years, the O-Line has been in a crud-funk, where they failed to Push for the Run Game, and are equally inept at Pass Protection.
Rawls was able to get by without a lot of help from the O-Line, BUT, he couldn't sustain...Too much pounding by Defenses.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He sure looks pretty good in these highlights from last season and the season prior -

[youtube]X3LWlB-sFA4[/youtube]
[youtube]B6dEZDvBQrI[/youtube]

He reminds me of Chris Warren. Seahawks rb in the 1990s with his style. Chris was tall rb too.