Reports: Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyak

Reaction score
Who wouldn't want Suh as a player. I personally think he stays in Detroit but he is from the PNW. A front 4 with Bennett, Hill, Suh, and Avril would be intriguing.

Such a move would likely correspond with Mebane and McDaniel being released or restructured.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Well here's some math....question is do we upgrade if we add Suh but waive these 2....

Cut Mebane save $5.5m
Cut McDaniel save $3m

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
One year rental on the cheap(er) to get his ring and then he can make fat bank with a rebuilding team that can pay him his fat contract. Here's hoping!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
If PC&JS can pull this off somehow without doing anything too crazy...

post-24396-Jay-Z-clapping-whew-gif-Imgur-HXZq.gif

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I just couldn't find anywhere else that confirmed what Bleacher Report.

Hell I'd love to have Suh. But he'll have to take a paycut I would think. Fortunately it's not my money being spent.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
This would be amazing, albeit insanely far-fetched. I don't agree with the guy in the video who thinks we have "massive" problems at all, and let's not forget that JS is pretty good at structuring deals. Then again, if it's all about money for Suh, and I really don't blame him, then we'll get outbid by somebody. All I'm saying is that if there's a will, there's a way.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Found this comment...does it ring true?

It can be done, but it's greatly at the expense of your offense. You're probably talking 60%/40% Def. to Off. salary cap. 7 guys already comprise about $60mm of 2016 Def. Salary cap (Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner (extension assumed), Wright, Thomas, Bennett, Avril). If you front load the deal (like the Bucs did w/ McCoy), you could squeeze him in in 2015 where Wilson and Wagner's cap hits will be lower.
It also means no Mebane, Maxwell, Irvin (beyond 2015), Lane (beyond 2015), Miller, no FA TE.
It can be done, but you would have to draft pretty perfectly on offense over the next few years.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3q7cf0pt said:
twisted_steel2":3q7cf0pt said:
If we can afford him, hell yea!! :th2thumbs:
Think he will take a "want to play in Seattle" discount?

The guy has made aver $54 million in his first 5 years in the league, its not like he's poor. Maybe the opportunity to get to a SB ring is more important than playing for a scrub team that offers 2-3 million more a year than us? Who knows?

pehawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":mx3qp80s said:
The entire report is based on the fact that (1) Suh is from Portland and (2) the Raiders have a lot of cap space.

Suh's made it no secret he covets Seattle.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1t5z6d6g said:

It can be done, but it's greatly at the expense of your offense. You're probably talking 60%/40% Def. to Off. salary cap. 7 guys already comprise about $60mm of 2016 Def. Salary cap (Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner (extension assumed), Wright, Thomas, Bennett, Avril). If you front load the deal (like the Bucs did w/ McCoy), you could squeeze him in in 2015 where Wilson and Wagner's cap hits will be lower.
It also means no Mebane, Maxwell, Irvin (beyond 2015), Lane (beyond 2015), Miller, no FA TE.
It can be done, but you would have to draft pretty perfectly on offense over the next few years.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I've precious little idea about structuring contracts, but a lot of upfront money and a deal structure that enables us to part ways or renegotiate in 3-4 years (or whatever) can be done. We'd definitely be looking at an offense-heavy draft, too.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
pehawk":28rac73o said:
hawknation2015":28rac73o said:
The entire report is based on the fact that (1) Suh is from Portland and (2) the Raiders have a lot of cap space.

He will sign with whatever team is willing and able to pay him $15+ million per year for at least five years.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":16l11p81 said:
NJSeaHawk":16l11p81 said:

Tell that to everyone gargling Tom Brady right now.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2vdl512t said:
Bobblehead":2vdl512t said:
twisted_steel2":2vdl512t said:
If we can afford him, hell yea!! :th2thumbs:
Think he will take a "want to play in Seattle" discount?

The guy has made aver $54 million in his first 5 years in the league, its not like he's poor. Maybe the opportunity to get to a SB ring is more important than playing for a scrub team that offers 2-3 million more a year than us? Who knows?

Only issue is that the team that offers the highest bid will probably be a lot more than 2-3 million per year more than what the Hawks can offer.

Extending Lynch, Wilson, Wagner + signing draft picks/getting like 20 players to complete the roster was already a tough thing to do....trying to get Suh in there as well is like impossible without doing some crazy roster moves.

I mean Gerald McCoy got a 7yr/98m extension with 51m guaranteed....Suh is a better player....and I really don't doubt that Oakland will be very willing to overpay as well since they have so much cap space, they have to spend that cap space, and no one else is really interested in playing there.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Only possible if he wants to take a huge paycut to chase a ring and be a part of history. That seems very unlikely, but he's already made a ton of money in his career so I guess there's a chance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":35fkkv63 said:
NJSeaHawk":35fkkv63 said:

Correction, a HEALTHY defense wins championships.

Suh's a pipe dream, and if this article is true (which I doubt), it's no more than Suh's agent pressuring Detroit to come up with the skrilla.

If you want Suh, and I don't blame you...........but you have to be realistic and tell us which defensive player(s) we get rid of in order to sign him. Suh's gonna get a minimum of 15M per year. Cutting Mebane only frees up 5.5M, where the other 10M coming from?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not a cap expert, but could we give him a 2 year deal (it can be fluffed up as a 7-year giant deal) that pays market value for a DT of his caliber.. then allow him to hit FA again when he's still in his prime?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3ktdiw98 said:
I've precious little idea about structuring contracts, but a lot of upfront money and a deal structure that enables us to part ways or renegotiate in 3-4 years (or whatever) can be done. We'd definitely be looking at an offense-heavy draft, too.

An offense heavy draft wouldn't be a bad thing either. I think we need to go to the draft to find our WR of the future.. if for no other reason because of how they'd mesh with the locker room. Not to mention the offensive line and possibly Lynch's replacement.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":lsti44y3 said:
pehawk":lsti44y3 said:
hawknation2015":lsti44y3 said:

He will sign with whatever team is willing and able to pay him $15+ million per year for at least five years.

I agree. But, the dude didn't just base it off Suh growing up in Portland. Suh would play here in a perfect world, that's the basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts