Reports: Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1h3kv9et said:
StoneCold":1h3kv9et said:
Do we really want to try and fit a head case into our team? Yes, he's great. So was Percy.

SC

How are the two comparable? I am interested to read this.
It's a lazy comparison. We never stop seeing "we can't do this move because Percy" posts.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2rbu8rqh said:
Uncle Si":2rbu8rqh said:
StoneCold":2rbu8rqh said:
Do we really want to try and fit a head case into our team? Yes, he's great. So was Percy.

SC

It's a lazy comparison. We never stop seeing "we can't do this move because Percy" posts.

Are they not both head cases with a ton of talent? Would we not likely have to over pay to get Suh on the team, just like we did for Percy? Talk about lazy posting.

SC

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Forget the salary cap and locker room cohesiveness and Suh's own baggage he brings, just thinking of lining up our 3 + him would be an all time Dline on just talent.

Seems like a Madden pipe dream however.

theascension

Reaction score
and cue the offseason fantasies..
The thing is you'd have to give up at least 2-3 great players to get Suh. Give up Maxwell/Bane/McDaniel or get Maxwell and give up Bane/McDaniel/Miller and Lynch retires. We'll definitely target a FA Dlineman this offseason (like we did the last few) but I don't see us giving up the 15mil+ it would take to get Suh done.
Now I will say if Maxwell does walk that could cause FO to change strategy.

I think Mebane is a core guy though, I don't know about him walking. The players LOVE Mebane and he was playing great this year before injury. The other reality is we had so many on the line hurt that will be coming back - I don't think it's our biggest need. FA TE is something we're more willing to spend higher money on I think.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I don't see how this will ever happen, but a front four of Bennett, Suh, McDaniels (or a FA/draft pick) and Avril would be scary good. Add in backups Hill, Irvin, Williams (if he ever gets healthy ) and Marsh (since Mebane would be all but gone with Suh signed) and a few free agents and rookies to compete and you may have a top 5 D-line. Just think what that would do on the back end of the defense, the LOB would woud be licking their chops at the turnover oppertunities.

Fun to think about, but I really don't see how this happens unless numerouse other people take less money and some others rework contracts, hard to do, but not impossible. I would say there is less than 10% chance it happens.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
StoneCold":1znsk8zc said:
Hawkfan77":1znsk8zc said:
Uncle Si":1znsk8zc said:
StoneCold":1znsk8zc said:

SC

Are they not both head cases with a ton of talent? Would we not likely have to over pay to get Suh on the team, just like we did for Percy? Talk about lazy posting.

SC

Is Suh a head case though? Has he pulled apart locker rooms with his selfishness?

Or does he just draw attention to himself for tugging the line between playing hard and playing dirty?

I'm serious. If you know that Suh is a locker room cancer like Harvin was, selfishly trying to inflate his own stats while undermining coaches, players and anyone else that would listen (on two teams) then I am with you.

I just have not heard that about Suh. I did here he's a bit of a nutter on the field. Not sure that's a big problem.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
StoneCold":1mbx9xpw said:
Hawkfan77":1mbx9xpw said:
Uncle Si":1mbx9xpw said:
StoneCold":1mbx9xpw said:

SC

SC
No both are not "head cases". Minnesota wanted Percy gone badly, heck they exxagerrated his injury so they could place him on IR so they didn't have to be around him anymore. Detroit wants Suh back. The two situations couldn't be further apart, So yeah, it's a very lazy comparison based on nothing. By a lot of reports, Suh is a very good teammate

Also trading for a guy and signing one in free agency are a little different too

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The only way I can see us signing Suh would be if:

-Russ took a major cut, a contract that is back-loaded and more in the 16-18 mill a year range. Which I think is more possible than most people think.

- We re-structure the contracts of others (Zach Miller, MeBane, etc.)

-We don't re-sign Maxwell and some other key components.

But even if we did all of those, Suh would still have to take a pay-cut.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":d8gmap6k said:
No both are not "head cases". Minnesota wanted Percy gone badly, heck they exxagerrated his injury so they could place him on IR so they didn't have to be around him anymore. Detroit wants Suh back. The two situations couldn't be further apart, So yeah, it's a very lazy comparison based on nothing. By a lot of reports, Suh is a very good teammate

Also trading for a guy and signing one in free agency are a little different too

I have always heard he is a dirty player. Google has a ton of links.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/ndamuko ... l-playoffs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cker-room/

Sounds like a great guy.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Continue with your fantasies.

SC

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
StoneCold":2ram2049 said:
Hawkfan77":2ram2049 said:

I have always heard he is a dirty player. Google has a ton of links.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/ndamuko ... l-playoffs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cker-room/

Sounds like a great guy.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Continue with your fantasies.

SC
First you say he's just like Percy...then when everyone points that out as false, you change the narrative. Got it.

Can someone help me out, if Suh and Percy are the same, then does that mean Percy is a dirty player on the field? Does anyone have those fancy google links that say Percy is a dirty player on the field?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I dont really care about the "Dirty Player" monicker. They all are, to a degree. It's certainly no secret about Suh.

The only link you provided had "unnamed source" as its lead contributor. Ground breaking stuff. Just like Percy in, well, absolutely no regards whatsoever.

This is lazy. Google is lazy.

Whether Suh is on this team or not is about whether he fits financially. There is no doubting his talent and how he would fit into this team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone who compares Suh to Percy doesn't know football. Percy was a premadonna WR. Suh is dirty, but wants to win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MysterMatt":192rwfk5 said:
This would be amazing, albeit insanely far-fetched. I don't agree with the guy in the video who thinks we have "massive" problems at all, and let's not forget that JS is pretty good at structuring deals. Then again, if it's all about money for Suh, and I really don't blame him, then we'll get outbid by somebody. All I'm saying is that if there's a will, there's a way.

that's what I'm thinking as well.

First off, would we be able to sign Suh to a deal around 8 mil/year ? I think that's the min he would take. I know we could fit him in here at that price, but the biggest question is going to be.....what is Wilson going to want for money ? If Wilson takes 20 mil/year, and we can get Wagner to not break the bank, it's plausible we could sign Suh.

That said, that would immediately raise our defense to historically ELITE status. Seriously, even if we had to jettison Mebane, Suh is a 3 down player that is elite against run and pass. That allows flexibility against teams that want to run up tempo and not let us sub in. To say that Suh collapses the pocket and gets interior pressure is an understatement. He defines that role in perfection. Seriously.

Imagine teams with consistently less than 3 seconds to throw the ball, against our secondary.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2wop3udi said:
I dont really care about the "Dirty Player" monicker. They all are, to a degree. It's certainly no secret about Suh.

The only link you provided had "unnamed source" as its lead contributor. Ground breaking stuff. Just like Percy in, well, absolutely no regards whatsoever.

This is lazy. Google is lazy.

Whether Suh is on this team or not is about whether he fits financially. There is no doubting his talent and how he would fit into this team.

I did just grab a couple of links, but it's common knowledge he's a dirty player. He not only plays hard and a little late, which I wouldn't mind, but the kicks after the play is over is a bit much. Heath Evan's is not an anonymous source.

I never said he suffered the exact same head casedness that Percy suffered from. Or that the particulars of the acquisition would be identical. From the stories I've read there are more than a few warning signs that Suh could be trouble on and off the field. We over paid for Percy and we would likely have to over pay for Suh. While they are not identical you have to admit there are some similarities and it's worth asking if you want to bring someone with issues to your team.

SC

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2dv71moh said:
Anyone who compares Suh to Percy doesn't know football. Percy was a premadonna WR. Suh is dirty, but wants to win.

Yeah, one was short and fast and the other fat and strong. Totally stupid!

SC

Greenhell

Reaction score
What's the savings by cutting Miller? I'm probably wrong but I thought I had read here on .net that we'd save 8mil by getting rid of Miller.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":3juqnos9 said:
What's the savings by cutting Miller? I'm probably wrong but I thought I had read here on .net that we'd save 8mil by getting rid of Miller.

The number is $3 million

$1.05 million salary
200k workout bonus
$1.75 million roster bonus (due March 19)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
StoneCold":12mq2vpv said:
Hawk-Lock":12mq2vpv said:

Yeah, one was short and fast and the other fat and strong. Totally stupid!

SC

They are two completely different types of players. IMO much harder to change a premadonna than a dirty player. Either way, Pete would get Suh in line.

Bottom line is Suh has never been questioned in the locker-room or his play on the field. Percy has. The only problems I've heard from Suh is that once a year he steps on someone or does some dirty play after the whistle has blown. I can live with one dirty play a year. What I can't live with is a guy who doesn't get along with others in the locker-room, and a guy who doesn't even want to be on the field.

Like i said, they are nothing alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts