Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Playmaker21":2wqiq0s9 said:
You have to watch walking down that path. Look at the Denver Broncos. Pro Bowlers everywhere. Haven't won a Super Bowl with that formula. Seattle won a Super Bowl with young, inexpensive, hungry players. New England won with inexpensive, no named players wanting to prove something.

The Seahawks have built their reputation from 2012-2014 playing the disrespect card. But what happens when you start paying hungry players and then start bringing in outsiders and giving them big contracts? It really thins out your depth.

I agree. However, you will not find a "hungrier" player in the league than Suh...maybe Earl, Watt, and Russ, but he's on that all-competitive team for sure.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Seanhawk":27bawcgo said:
I want to play for the Seahawks too and I'll do it for the league minimum.

Can you create an interior pass rush/push?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Playmaker21":1vfcwy7i said:
You have to watch walking down that path. Look at the Denver Broncos. Pro Bowlers everywhere. Haven't won a Super Bowl with that formula. Seattle won a Super Bowl with young, inexpensive, hungry players. New England won with inexpensive, no named players wanting to prove something.

The Seahawks have built their reputation from 2012-2014 playing the disrespect card. But what happens when you start paying hungry players and then start bringing in outsiders and giving them big contracts? It really thins out your depth.

Good point, but I think Suh qualifies for that "special" type of player that Pete and John would make an exception for in free agency. Not that the last "special" player they broke the bank for worked out.

But you're right, in general Pete and John's philosophy has been to build through the draft, reward our own and sprinkle in some manageable FA contracts.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He has to decide if he wants to make money or make history.

I would love to see him in a Seahawks uniform, but I wouldn't choose him over Wagner or making sure Russ is locked up as a Seahawk for several years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":12kibrb2 said:
'Ndamukong, we can only give you $5m per but Microsoft would really like you to do some adverts for them...'
Uninfortunately it isn't the 1990's and Debartolo went to jail for such things.....

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":17jk6y77 said:
'Ndamukong, we can only give you $5m per but Microsoft would really like you to do some adverts for them...'

I know this is a joke, but can you imagine Suh being the icon you want for you company? lol.

jake206

Reaction score
He's signing with the Raiders. Now that they've got Norton, no reason to sign here, unless he's willing to take a huge pay cut.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This isn't out of the realm of possibility.

But to sign Suh, it most likely means Mebane is gone unless he wanted to sign an extentsion that added a year, and converted half his money into signing bonuses. So pretty much 2 yr, 6 mil deal.

Mebane also could be traded and Quinn is going to need that center piece for that D. I could see Bane to Atl for a 4th round pick. If traded Seahawks would save about 5.5 mil against the cap.

Seahawks can cut McDaniels, Miller, and Unger (designated as post June 1st cut) to save 9.4 m.

Altogether thats 14.9 mil.

Suh would also have to sacrifice on his side and come at a market discount like 4-5 years, 40-50 million.

That would leave Hill and Suh as the only DTs.

It can be done with Suh but its pushing to the limit.

Is Suh hypothetically worth more than Unger, Mebane, Miller, and McDaniels combined? but I

Suh would be welcomed here and I can imagine Aaron Rodgers when he has to play us... But the guy that I want the Seahawks to go after DT Jared Odrick.

Odrick is 6-5, 300 pounds and is listed in having played RDE, LDE, and WLB. So a guy who is versatile and moves well in space. He wad also Jordan Hill's predecessor at Penn St.

2014 was a down year for him with only 29 tackles, 1 sack.

But from 2011-2013 he averaged: 33 tackles, 5 sacks.

That whole 4 year window:
64 Games Played w/ 41 Starts
128 tackles, 16.5 sacks, 1 Int, 3 FF.

2014 was the first year he started all 16 games which might mean hes better in a quality rotation.

Some Dolphin fans are clamoring for the use of the FT on him but I think he'll come at a significantly lower price compared to Suh. And would be an awesome 3T next to Mebane.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":ubx59msw said:
One year rental on the cheap(er) to get his ring and then he can make fat bank with a rebuilding team that can pay him his fat contract. Here's hoping!

Yeah if he followed the Bennett/Avril plan he could try to get a shot at a ring and still get paid in a year or two.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2zmhhqf7 said:
Bigpumpkin":2zmhhqf7 said:
Rex":2zmhhqf7 said:
Suh with his head on straight is a great addition. Suh being suspended is not worth it.

Suh is a total "head case" IMO!! He intentionally tries to hurt opposing players in devious ways. I do not want this man on our team. If you think that we are hated now.....just wait until our players are shown to be "dirty'!
Good, for all I care we can be the most hated forevermore if it gives us trips to 6-8 Superbowls in the next 12 years just like the Patriots have done. I mean do you actually think anybody doesn't hate that team outside the Massachusetts and Connecticut area?

Realistically I don't see it happening though so it's a moot point in my opinion.

It may well be a "moot point" . However, it Suh steps on one more QB's leg, the League will suspend him....then what good will he be to us?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":j94jfyvv said:
MizzouHawkGal":j94jfyvv said:
Bigpumpkin":j94jfyvv said:
Rex":j94jfyvv said:
Suh with his head on straight is a great addition. Suh being suspended is not worth it.

Suh is a total "head case" IMO!! He intentionally tries to hurt opposing players in devious ways. I do not want this man on our team. If you think that we are hated now.....just wait until our players are shown to be "dirty'!
Good, for all I care we can be the most hated forevermore if it gives us trips to 6-8 Superbowls in the next 12 years just like the Patriots have done. I mean do you actually think anybody doesn't hate that team outside the Massachusetts and Connecticut area?

Realistically I don't see it happening though so it's a moot point in my opinion.

It may well be a "moot point" . However, it Suh steps on one more QB's leg, the League will suspend him....then what good will he be to us?

Sitting on the sideline for a game, maybe 2?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Breaking the bank to sign Suh when we have Brandon Mebane and a very promising Jordan Hill seems like overkill.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Do we really want to try and fit a head case into our team? Yes, he's great. So was Percy.

SC

Uncle Si

Reaction score
StoneCold":18o0ymdz said:
Do we really want to try and fit a head case into our team? Yes, he's great. So was Percy.

SC

How are the two comparable? I am interested to read this.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":lowvjut5 said:
StoneCold":lowvjut5 said:

SC

How are the two comparable? I am interested to read this.

I have always heard that Suh is a cheap shot artist and not a good team mate, though there were reports that he was better this year in the locker room. Just seems like we ignored some of the warning signs with Percy in order to get his talent on the team. Seems there is the potential for Suh to have issues as well.

SC

cesame

Reaction score
Building defensive line depth is more important than just having Suh at his cost $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts