Rodgers hmm... choice words

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TwilightError":28frpnro said:
If that is two ultra-religious guys arguing who has god on his side, it's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

It's definitely two ultra-religious guys, but definitely not this one.

Rodgers is being a smart@ss.

Last year he already threw shade at Wilson when saying that God doesn't give a rat who wins and losses football games (let alone make his special boy play like crap in a game so that when God makes him win in the end it's more dramatic).

Wilson responded that God DOES care about who wins football games.

This was now Rodgers responding to WIlson, making the argument that if Wilson is right and he is wrong, then God was rooting for the Packers. Rodgers was being sarcastic: he doesn't sincerely believe this, but in responding Wilson basically weaponized the argument for Rodgers to be able to troll him with.

I think folks are right to point out that it's Rodgers being a smart@ss (he surely is), but it's also two ultra-Religious Christians with very different belief structures and feelings about how one should express their devotion.

We can't really confirm the following, but from what Rodgers has said in the past, and what we know about divisions among observant Christians, I think it's pretty safe to say that as a Christian Rodgers thinks that 1) Wilson's witnessing is ultimately self-centered and counterproductive to its aims, and 2) Wilson's seeming belief in the prosperity gospel is BS.

The sense I get is that Rodgers views God as a loving observer (e.g. God watches with compassion when a baby dies and is there to offer love and help when this trauma happens), whereas Wilson views God as an active participant (God kills babies to test their parents' faith, which either is what it is, or we just can't understand because it's part of a bigger plan or something).

Edit: Worth saying I guess is that although Jewish it would be stretch to even call me agnostic ("disinterested" is a more accurate descriptor). Obviously if I were choosing sides I think Rodgers' interpretation of his faith make a tad more sense, just becaue it doesn't rely on a tautology. That said I sincerely don't really have a side in this disagreement, as it just simply doesn't affect me.

Infamous425

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1utbu1qz said:
I love Russ the player, but Russ the person seems faker than a 3 dollar bill. So really don't have a problem with the backhanded jab from Rodgers.

Agreed. Kinda funny how butthurt people are over a-arons comment considering Russells probably gotten more jabs from his own teamates in the past