******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":3830fka2 said:
I'm still waiting for Carson Palmer, It was a done deal where is he?

In fairness, the Palmer rumor happened in the middle of the NFL lockout. It's really hard to get a deal to hold up for a month, much less 6 months. JS said himself that something like 95% of deals fall through. And obviously, Palmer WAS traded only a couple months after the lockout ended, for a hell of a lot thanks to a dying, demented, and desperate Al Davis.

It seems very likely that Seattle was in talks with Cincy about a trade, though I always felt the rumor itself was a bit sketchy. Kind of like this one. I think the interest is probably real, I'm just not sure about the details. Like Scottemojo said, the Seahawks will probably make a lowball play. Maybe it works like it did for Bennett, or maybe it doesn't like for Allen.

LTH

Reaction score
kearly":l8c43qfe said:
chris98251":l8c43qfe said:

In fairness, the Palmer rumor happened in the middle of the NFL lockout. It's really hard to get a deal to hold up for a month, much less 6 months. JS said himself that something like 95% of deals fall through. And obviously, Palmer WAS traded only a couple months after the lockout ended, for a hell of a lot thanks to a dying, demented, and desperate Al Davis.

It seems very likely that Seattle was in talks with Cincy about a trade, though I always felt the rumor itself was a bit sketchy. Kind of like this one. I think the interest is probably real, I'm just not sure about the details. Like Scottemojo said, the Seahawks will probably make a lowball play. Maybe it works like it did for Bennett, or maybe it doesn't like for Allen.

Someone should write a book about the deals that didnt happen....

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Hawks46":3pw413fs said:
vin.couve12":3pw413fs said:
Why bother pasting some media hacks unsubstantiated guess at something as if it has more merit than even someone on a board?

Not that I have a stake in this thread. It just cracks me up every time.

Agreed. Not to mention that he threw in the "@Detroit". Seriously, Detroit has NO cap room at all. They'd have to cut a few guys along with restructuring Megatron and Doughboy to get that contract done. I don't think so. If you're going to wildly predict something, at least try to make it somewhat believable.

Inside stuff does happen... I heard stuff and I didnt post it...it more fun not knowing...or reading about it after ward....

LTH

HawkFan72

Reaction score
LTH":3h8k50ho said:
kearly":3h8k50ho said:
chris98251":3h8k50ho said:

Someone should write a book about the deals that didnt happen....

LTH

Sometimes the stories leak out years later, but I do wish there was a book that just spilled all the stories of trades that fell through. That would be a fun read.

Chawks1

Reaction score
jlaff35":37chxmzt said:
***Disclaimer******* The following story is exactly how it transpired. Whether or not it turns out to be accurate, we will find out in about a month. I promise you that I am not fabricating this one bit, in an attempt to stir up the site. Just simply wanting to report to my fellow Hawk lovers what I'm hearing. After all, the Lions can still franchise Suh and make all of this a moot point.

So last night, I'm sitting down watching some TV, when I get a facebook message from an old friend that lives in Seattle, who happens to be a diehard Cowboy fan, but also a very passionate and knowledgeable guy about all things football. Let's say he works at a "Prime" employer in the Seattle area, and one of his best friends and co-workers happens to be really close friends with a prominent Hawk player with ties to the Northwest. Here's what the message from my buddy said:

"Hey bro. My buddy at work is friends with (player name hidden to keep anonymity). He says Suh is a done deal to Seattle. 4 years $55M"

Now, I'm pretty skeptical at this point. But I take solace in the fact that my buddy isn't happy giving me this news....he's not liking us getting Suh one bit. Still, I ask a follow up question.

"that would be sick....you feel like this is pretty reliable info?"

and he goes,

"he's the one that told me about the first Percy trade before it happened".

Sounds like Detroit is getting close to signing him.....so much for rumors of done deals before Free Agency can even begin. No way Schneider would expose himself to tampering rules. Common sense said there was no merit to this rumor.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":26gh9xx2 said:
jlaff35":26gh9xx2 said:
***Disclaimer******* The following story is exactly how it transpired. Whether or not it turns out to be accurate, we will find out in about a month. I promise you that I am not fabricating this one bit, in an attempt to stir up the site. Just simply wanting to report to my fellow Hawk lovers what I'm hearing. After all, the Lions can still franchise Suh and make all of this a moot point.

So last night, I'm sitting down watching some TV, when I get a facebook message from an old friend that lives in Seattle, who happens to be a diehard Cowboy fan, but also a very passionate and knowledgeable guy about all things football. Let's say he works at a "Prime" employer in the Seattle area, and one of his best friends and co-workers happens to be really close friends with a prominent Hawk player with ties to the Northwest. Here's what the message from my buddy said:

"Hey bro. My buddy at work is friends with (player name hidden to keep anonymity). He says Suh is a done deal to Seattle. 4 years $55M"

Now, I'm pretty skeptical at this point. But I take solace in the fact that my buddy isn't happy giving me this news....he's not liking us getting Suh one bit. Still, I ask a follow up question.

and he goes,

Sounds like Detroit is getting close to signing him.....so much for rumors of done deals before Free Agency can even begin. No way Schneider would expose himself to tampering rules. Common sense said there was no merit to this rumor.

Don't shoot your load just yet.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Chawks1":ity6v2oc said:
jlaff35":ity6v2oc said:

and he goes,

Nothing the Lions GM said indicated a deal being close.

Rat

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that the Lions are "close to re-signing" Suh, just that their GM is "optimistic" that they will. Those aren't the same thing.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Rat":1xuxpomm said:
I haven't seen anything that the Lions are "close to re-signing" Suh, just that their GM is "optimistic" that they will. Those aren't the same thing.
Yeah I listened to Mayhew's press conference. It was pretty much GM speak. Nothing that would indicate something was either imminent or that the talks were moving more serious. I still doubt he's in Detroit next year

pehawk

Reaction score
The types who like to come in and say "see, told you your rumor isn't true" in rumor threads are douchebags. They're fat, mouthbreathing, cosplayers who look, act ,and smell identical to the comicstore owner on the Simpsons.

I wish nothing less than a drunk-driver through their bay windows. May an intoxicated convict careen into your kitty-litter and newspaper smelling house.

Douchebags.

TAB420

Reaction score
I say bring on the rumors. There fun and they help with downtime.

Rat

Reaction score
TAB420":1wktk314 said:
I say bring on the rumors. There fun and they help with downtime.

But what if they end up not being true? That effects my life somehow.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Hilarious. Haven't read all 5 pages of comments, so I don't know if someone else has brought this up, but:

IF the Hawks front office is tampering and speaking with agents far enough to have offers on the table, they in NO WAY are letting players know. Seriously, think about it. When this type of tampering goes on, there are maybe 2-4 front office people who would know, everyone else would have no idea this was going on. The idea that this would trickle down to players, and yet remain a tightly kept secret, is hilarious.

Nothing to see here folks, move along

rideaducati

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":jp60jrc0 said:
Hilarious. Haven't read all 5 pages of comments, so I don't know if someone else has brought this up, but:

IF the Hawks front office is tampering and speaking with agents far enough to have offers on the table, they in NO WAY are letting players know. Seriously, think about it. When this type of tampering goes on, there are maybe 2-4 front office people who would know, everyone else would have no idea this was going on. The idea that this would trickle down to players, and yet remain a tightly kept secret, is hilarious.

Nothing to see here folks, move along

Suh might know...he's a player...players talk.

OP
OP
J

jlaff35

Reaction score
Please understand when I say "done deal" it doesn't get really mean that Suh and Schneider have had meetings and negotiated a deal and have a contract drawn up. That would be tampering. However, lots of things get "done" through back channels and indirect conversations. Gotta think outside the box a little bit sometimes

Slick

Reaction score
pehawk":1lrie3pb said:
The types who like to come in and say "see, told you your rumor isn't true" in rumor threads are douchebags. They're fat, mouthbreathing, cosplayers who look, act ,and smell identical to the comicstore owner on the Simpsons.

I wish nothing less than a drunk-driver through their bay windows. May an intoxicated convict careen into your kitty-litter and newspaper smelling house.

Douchebags.

You're sort of on the mark there but I'd say half those types look like this.

Hipster