******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3a8vbgg7 said:
Sign Suh, sign Jordan Cameron cut mebane, cut McDaniel , cut lynch, cut miller

If Wilson isn't extended and released, we could probably add Greg Hardy too. More DLine!!

plyka

Reaction score
niveky":2nfqs3b5 said:
if they could swing it and keep mebane....mebane and suh in the middle and bennett plus whoever they put on the other side(situationally Irvin), also on passing downs have Bennett and Suh in the middle..man, the possibilities

I've always said that Suh is the best defensive player in football. People like Watt, I like Watt, but there is just something about Suh. He is a physical force, a generational talent. A force up the middle of the defensive line is worth more than any other position, including on the edge. Edge rushers will typically get more sacks, but it's not about sacks in my book --it's about disrupting the offense, and nothing disrupts the offense like Suh in the middle. You can't run at him, and when you pass you must ALWAYS block him with two or else he will blow up your pass each time.

Getting Suh would be a dream for the defense. This league has a lot of parity. You get players like Bruce Irvin who is a freak, but let's face it, he is not that much better than a similar player on another team. There are a rare few players, players that are more than 2 standard deviations above the average. Suh is one of those players. And it's always worth it if you pay extra for those players, as long as you do not hamstring your team with cap hits. And this deal would not hamstring the team. I'm wishing it happens but you never know.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":tna6d6le said:

Cut Lynch?? Cut the one player who fully personifies our supposed power identity? Cut the best power back in the NFL who's still playing at an all-pro level? Cut the player with the most guts of anyone in this league?? Simply no. And thank God you're not the GM.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1ms368fw said:
ImTheScientist":1ms368fw said:

Cut Lynch?? Cut the one player who fully personifies our supposed power identity? Cut the best power back in the NFL who's still playing at an all-pro level? Cut the player with the most guts of anyone in this league?? Simply no. And thank God you're not the GM.

Thank god you aren't the GM.

jake206

Reaction score
Fans always fall for this kind of stuff. People want to be paid what they are worth. No way he is signing for 40mil. Tell me if that stuff your smokin is the real good stuff. :th2thumbs:

Donk70

Reaction score
We get flagged enough without a dirty player like Suh on the team.

Seafan

Reaction score
kobebryant":2kxylcju said:
The_Z_Man":2kxylcju said:
Excuse me, but I'm going to keep my rubber boots on for this one.

Aside from the fact that the Seahawks and Suh can't even talk right now, this is coming from a poster who just registered (45 posts)

In other words, if it looks like poo, and smell's like poo, it's probably poo - no need to taste it.

Funny, I actually thought the inverse.

I thought the 50+ posts, the proper grammar and punctuation made it less likely to be a trolling post.

Proper grammar and spelling makes it more likely to be a troll. :stirthepot: :3:

kearly

Reaction score
I'll be disappointed with PC/JS if they fail to strike a deal over contract length. It's hardly unheard of for HoF level DTs to remain valued commodities in their age 33 and 34 seasons. And of course, the later years in contracts are often designed to be cut easily.

Mick063

Reaction score
So people are really falling for this?

It ain't happening.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
To the OP. It wasnt jermaine kearse was it? Because he said the same about Allen last year and it ended up not happening, instead he went to Chicago. At the end of the day its usually money that wins but you never know.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think the safe thing to be said is that if nothing else we're in the running for him. With so many other prior FA rumors ending up in disappointment it's just hard to get one's hopes up again though.

After the Det-Dal playoff game watching Suh's obvious devastation and emotional presser you would have to hope the importance of a championship is becoming more paramount for the remainder of his career. I can't lie-I would love to see him with us next year but when our offer to him is likely going to be far less than he hoped for, will he sacrifice significant cash to be on a perennial winner and chase a ring or will he choose to become the highest paid defensive player for Oakland or a similar team? Only he and a few other athletes in his position can answer this, but at what point is cash the ultimate fuel for happiness? Would he truly enjoy on a daily basis being a part of the Raiders' organization? I guess we'll see.

Even if it means no Maxwell, Miller and likely Mebane and someone else (as long as it's not parting ways with Lynch) I think our d line could rival Doomsday, the Steel Curtain and the Purple People Eaters with Suh. And we would definitely need a nickname for our d line then! But alas we'll find out in a month...

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3tnvvcw2 said:
ImTheScientist":3tnvvcw2 said:

I certainly don't want to get rid of Lynch, but having Lynch doesn't help us win a championship if we refuse to use him on the 1 yard line. I will never get over the Super Bowl. As long as Bevell is here we will continue wasting Lynch.

At least there is zero chance of Pete wasting Suh.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
IF (Huge IF) the Seahawks were going to look to do this, I'd say that the money would be about right. That said, I highly doubt the accuracy of this from a Seahawks perspective. If this were legit, maybe perhaps this is coming from Suh himself and what he WOULD be looking for from the Seahawks. That I might perhaps buy. But these kinds of rumors always get spread around this time of year, so hear all -- believe nothing.

I don't see that there is any John Schneider himself would ever be so stupid as to engage in anything like that. And Schneider himself said that to Mitch the other day. Mitch tried to do the hypothetical (not saying any names) high price free agent thing ... and Schneider told him flat out he wasn't going there. He told Mitch that he wouldn't comment on that because he likes draft picks and didn't want to lose any from the NFL for tampering ...

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media...itchinthemorning/211-john-schneider-25808388/

So, we'll see.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1de8qb8o said:
I don't see that there is any John Schneider himself would ever be so stupid as to engage in anything like that. And Schneider himself said that to Mitch the other day. Mitch tried to do the hypothetical (not saying any names) high price free agent thing ... and Schneider told him flat out he wasn't going there. He told Mitch that he wouldn't comment on that because he likes draft picks and didn't want to lose any from the NFL for tampering ...

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media...itchinthemorning/211-john-schneider-25808388/

So, we'll see.
What would you expect him to say on the radio?

seahawks08

Reaction score
JS doesn't say anything remotely about free agency or draft. It is secrecy that helps with getting deals done. If you don't keep things a secret, it makes deals ho south and all the hard work you do is lost. If anyone is leaking this inside, he ir she is doing a disservice to the organization. If anyone who takes that information and posts it publicly is not being a true fan. JS always appreciates secrecy because that is ons of the mist important trait of a successful draft, free agency and continuing to make this program great. Imagine if teams knew Seahawks was going to take RW in the 3rd round, would he be playing for Seahawks? I completely disagree the notion of posting rumors or information that impacts an organization.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":le5246go said:
Good thing none of us is the GM right now...
I hate when people say things like that.

If I was the GM we never would have traded for Harvin, we would have kept tate (and possibly added a good FA) and we would have won back-to-back Super Bowls, with our first one coming from a perfect 19-0 season.

The hawks have made many good moves over the last few years, and they have made their share of terrible moves.
Pete and John have earned trust, but they are just as capable of making bad moves as anyone on this board.