Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

94Smith

Reaction score
Maulbert":3lo61lyp said:
94Smith":3lo61lyp said:
The MNF argument is a moot point. Since 2010, The Seahawks are 8-2 on MNF and the 49ers are 10-3. Levi's will be the loudest it has ever been.

There could be crickets during the game and that would still be true. :stirthepot:

Very true, but the bandwagon is growing. The Coliseum , TB and Cinci were full of red. The last MNF game against the Browns was pretty loud

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":rm2frsjk said:
Maulbert":rm2frsjk said:
94Smith":rm2frsjk said:
The MNF argument is a moot point. Since 2010, The Seahawks are 8-2 on MNF and the 49ers are 10-3. Levi's will be the loudest it has ever been.

There could be crickets during the game and that would still be true. :stirthepot:

Very true, but the bandwagon is growing. The Coliseum , TB and Cinci were full of red. The last MNF game against the Browns was pretty loud

I've been told by highly regarded sources in the San Francisco area that bandwagon fans don't count. :stirthepot:

94Smith

Reaction score
Maulbert":35hvjaud said:
94Smith":35hvjaud said:
Maulbert":35hvjaud said:
94Smith":35hvjaud said:

I've been told by highly regarded sources in the San Francisco area that bandwagon fans don't count. :stirthepot:

Bandwagon fans are the worst but they still fill the stadium and make noise

SNF records since 2010

Niners 3-6

Sehawks 10-3 I don't think the 49ers have played on SNF for 3 years because they sucked.

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":3a3xh732 said:
Maulbert":3a3xh732 said:
94Smith":3a3xh732 said:
Maulbert":3a3xh732 said:

Bandwagon fans are the worst but they still fill the stadium and make noise

SNF records since 2010

Niners 3-6

Sehawks 10-3 I don't think the 49ers have played on SNF for 3 years because they sucked.

You know, even before Russ was here, Pete Carroll was 3-0 in primetime games as the Hawks coach in 2010 and 2011. Those teams both finished 7-9, and the starting QBs in those games were Charlie Whitehurst and Tarvaris Jackson.

Excuses are silly. Seattle might well lose. I'm not stupid. But don't count on them being intimidated.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":1vj8igez said:
94Smith":1vj8igez said:
Maulbert":1vj8igez said:
94Smith":1vj8igez said:

I literally LOL'd

xray

Reaction score
I want a full blown rivalry again between the Hawks and the 49ers again ...like the old days a few years back ...that was some fun stuff ...bring back the rivalry :!: :irishdrinkers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
94Smith":1jg8l3e9 said:

So... like a high school girls soccer game?

You can't really think that place is an actual asset to the home team.

Every past argument is moot by the way. Not breaking the internet with that hot take

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":31m1jlfv said:
94Smith":31m1jlfv said:

Every past argument is moot by the way. Not breaking the internet with that hot take

In past years, I'd say you were right.

This year? I've been to both home games, Steelers and Browns.

It's different. Now I'm not gonna say its like Seattle as I've never been there and that place has an earned rep, but it does remind me of when the 'stick was loud. There is a decidedly different energy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":15jtbtkn said:
Uncle Si":15jtbtkn said:
94Smith":15jtbtkn said:

It's different. Now I'm not gonna say its like Seattle as I've never been there and that place has an earned rep, but it does remind me of when the 'stick was loud. There is a decidedly different energy.

That happens when you have fans staying past half time and in the stands before the 2nd quarter, and win a few games.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":3mqdmj12 said:
Uncle Si":3mqdmj12 said:
94Smith":3mqdmj12 said:

I just hope it is a great game. Go hawks and niners.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just bumping thread.

For Niner fans, this is next game.

Injuries:

Looks like Staley, McGlinchey, Jusczcyk, and Witherspoon all have a chance to return (finally).

What sucks is Alexander done for the year. That hurts in a big way. He was having a potential Pro Bowl year.

xray

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qkyzmkwq said:
94Smith":qkyzmkwq said:

You a coach ?

rlkats

Reaction score
For the Panthers game I was nervous and thought we lose. Niners crushed them.

For the Cards game I was less nervous but thought we would win comfortably. Niners eeked out a win.

For the Hawks game I'm nervous as hell. Does that mean another win? God I hope so.

Hawks have a great team and this will be a pivotal battle. Hopefully no injuries.

Oh Go Niners

knownone

Reaction score
I don't know how to feel about this game. I'm not underestimating the Niners, and I wouldn't be overly shocked if they beat the Hawks handily. It's just that they are 8-0 and nothing about them scares me. And it's not just my unbridled sense of confidence clouding my judgement. For instance, the Rams absolutely terrify me.

I think the game will come down to Seattle's OL against the Niner's D-Line. If we run on them like the Cards did, then it's going to be a long night for them. Honestly, as long as the Hawks offense can move the ball and not turn the ball over, then It really doesn't matter what the Niners offense does. In contrast, if the Hawks offense can't move the ball or they turn it over a bunch, then I don't think it matters how well the Hawks defense plays because the Niners will inevitably get a few big plays against them.

I'm looking forward to renewing the rivalry in prime time. Seems like that's where our most memorable matchups have taken place.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
How big a threat will Sherm be for the 11/11 game?

He's no longer an island,and based on eye test not as fast. But he's made great plays this year including TDs. He distinctly dislikes Russ and has long used emotion as a play motivator.

So, is it a bigger liability if the 9ers leave him there, or if they rotate him with someone younger and faster, but also less experienced?

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vamu5un said:
Just bumping thread.

For Niner fans, this is next game.

Injuries:

Looks like Staley, McGlinchey, Jusczcyk, and Witherspoon all have a chance to return (finally).

What sucks is Alexander done for the year. That hurts in a big way. He was having a potential Pro Bowl year.
I agree if the 49ers fall behind. Kwon's loss will be a big liability on defense because the 'Hawks will start to run and start to strangle the 49er defense with the run game. However, if the 49er offense successfully controls the ball, and successfully plays keep away and maintains a good comfortable lead, then Kwon's loss will be minimized - simply because the Hawk's eventually will have to start passing and that's the strength of the 49er defense, pass defense and pass rush.

If it's an even game, where Hawk's throw in some balance to the pass and run, Kwon's loss won't be felt as much. I think Greenlaw and Azeeze can adequately cover the pass, it's the run game that I worry about with these two 49er rookies.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As a run defender Kwon was the weakest link in a bad run defending unit so far this year.

They're going to miss him for sure, but not for his run defense.