Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

xray

Reaction score
The 2019 version of SF reminds me of the team that the Hawks had in the super bowl years . IMO

xray

Reaction score
It's not just the 49ers...the division is tightening- up across the board . This division is a MFer . Imo

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Jed York to eff them up again.

:snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Washington49er":30ymh07q said:
2-5 Bucs take the Hawks to overtime at the Clink. Hmmm.
Today was what, their 5th loss by one score? They're not great, but they're not hot garbage, either.

That being said, our defense has serious problems this year. :(

Washington49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qu11djc said:
Washington49er":1qu11djc said:
Today was what, their 5th loss by one score? They're not great, but they're not hot garbage, either.

That being said, our defense has serious problems this year. :(

To be honest I was shocked when I saw the highlights.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":3irucee3 said:
Washington49er":3irucee3 said:

And they dropped 55 on the Rams. So?

Rams aint shit this year.

I was just surprised, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Giedi

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2zqgxf9j said:
As a run defender Kwon was the weakest link in a bad run defending unit so far this year.

They're going to miss him for sure, but not for his run defense.
Kwon's loss is definitely a negative on the 49er defense. How big? Definitely on the pass coverage and pass defense side - it's a big loss. But I think Greenlaw will be adequate. Pete and Shottenheimer will scheme and attack Dre in coverage, I guarantee it. I can see them calling play action against Greenlaw *a lot.* :cry:

Fanatics

Reaction score
NFL is all about scheme, on any Sunday anyone can beat you. It is how your weakness matches up to the strengths and vice-versa. This talk about the Bucs took us to OT means nothing. Wins are hard, hell AZ ran out of time on TNF. Then again AZ has had the 49ers number for years now, so it really was no surprise.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Fanatics":t5ljw9fw said:
NFL is all about scheme, on any Sunday anyone can beat you. It is how your weakness matches up to the strengths and vice-versa. This talk about the Bucs took us to OT means nothing. Wins are hard, hell AZ ran out of time on TNF. Then again AZ has had the 49ers number for years now, so it really was no surprise.

AZ is a better team than TB.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Niners stand alone as last undefeated team...

...yet I totally admit that Russell Wilson should be the MVP and he scares the crap out of me. LOL.

NO IDEA what to expect next Monday Night.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I expect the 49ers to play mostly zone as they've done all year, instead of trying the man coverage and blitz stuff Tampa Bay did. If the front four get to Wilson, the 49ers have a shot. If they don't, Wilson will carve up the defense, especially with Alexander out.

I do, however, expect a few delayed blitzes from them.

On the other side of the ball, I don't know what to think. Garoppolo is hot and cold, but so is Seattle's defense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":zl44dpf2 said:
On the other side of the ball, I don't know what to think. Garoppolo is hot and cold, but so is Seattle's defense.
Unfortunately, Seattle's defense is cold more often this year than Garoppolo is, lol.

That being said...dat Russell Wilson is so dreamy. :179417: There isn't a game on this planet that we can be counted out of while he's healthy.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bg78jmy said:
5_Golden_Rings":3bg78jmy said:
Unfortunately, Seattle's defense is cold more often this year than Garoppolo is, lol.

That being said...dat Russell Wilson is so dreamy. :179417: There isn't a game on this planet that we can be counted out of while he's healthy.
He is certainly playing at a level right now that has rarely been achieved.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
So I typically go to the other teams board to post something like this, so I'll go ahead and do so here.

Usually I'd post about the Niners this year in general, but really not all that necessary as we've had that conversation about 100 times already. I'll just post about what I'll have my eyes on and what I think I think.

When Seahawks have the Ball:

1) The 49ers are the #1 ranked Defense in the NFL vs the Pass and were the most efficient pass rushing team in the NFL before last week (I haven't seen the numbers including the Cardinals game). The pass rush has suffocated passing games all year and allowed 100 yards or less in 4 straight games.

Having said all that, they haven't faced Russell Wilson or anything close to him. The Cards exposed that pass D a bit my spreading the field and running tempo, so will be curious to see if the Seahawks do the same. That's also a possible offshoot of the short turnaround on a Thursday Night on the road, but it bears watching for sure.

I have absolute confidence that Wilson will get pressured and probably sacked on a few occasions, but the dude is Houdini. I fully expect Bosa to have him dead to rights, he spins away from the sack, he rolls out, and somehow a WR is open by 10-15 yards 50 yards downfield. I've just seen it happen way too often. He's playing out of his mind this year and I won't lie, the dude scares the crap out of me.

2) The 49ers have been vulnerable all season to gash runs. It seems there is always a sequence that they'll give up big chunk yards in the run game. I haven't quite figured out why, but there are a number of possible culprits. Wide 9. Light but fast LBs. Stop the run on the way to the QB.

They also are susceptible to screens.

When the 49ers have the Ball:

1) You know they are gonna run it. Something of a statistical oddity, the 49ers and Seahawks run D ranks are almost identical. They are ranked 13th and 14th vs the run and give up an identical 4.7 yards per rush. The 49ers will run the ball A LOT regardless of whether they are having luck with it. Shanahan is stubborn that way.

2) My guess is that the Seahawks will sell out to stop that run and force Jimmy G to beat them. I mean, that's what I'D do. Strangely enough, through 3 seasons, the Seahawks have only seen Jimmy as a QB for a single drive. He looked great against the Cards, but I'd expect his customary one WTF throw that he seems to have in almost every game, and largely look very efficient in short to medium ranges. I wouldn't expect him to go deep with any regularity.

Injuries:

We'll see who is actually back, but I'd expect Staley, Juszczyk, and Witherspoon back, and possibly McGlinchey.

Kwon Alexander is HUGE. That one really hurts. One thing on him though...he has been in the game when they have been gashed in the run game. He was so fast and all over the field, but he was susceptible to the run. It will be interesting to see if him being out hurts or harms them. The dude is a great player, so not trying to say it isn't a blow, but curious to see what happens in that specific aspect.

In his stead you will probably see a lot of Dre Greenlaw who played will in preseason and some Azeez Al-Shaair, whom I actually really like, but is also undersized and raw.

toffee

Reaction score
9ers seems better on paper, a yuge win if Hawks pull out an upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":iva20u9x said:
So I typically go to the other teams board to post something like this, so I'll go ahead and do so here.

Usually I'd post about the Niners this year in general, but really not all that necessary as we've had that conversation about 100 times already. I'll just post about what I'll have my eyes on and what I think I think.

When Seahawks have the Ball:

1) The 49ers are the #1 ranked Defense in the NFL vs the Pass and were the most efficient pass rushing team in the NFL before last week (I haven't seen the numbers including the Cardinals game). The pass rush has suffocated passing games all year and allowed 100 yards or less in 4 straight games.

Having said all that, they haven't faced Russell Wilson or anything close to him. The Cards exposed that pass D a bit my spreading the field and running tempo, so will be curious to see if the Seahawks do the same. That's also a possible offshoot of the short turnaround on a Thursday Night on the road, but it bears watching for sure.

I have absolute confidence that Wilson will get pressured and probably sacked on a few occasions, but the dude is Houdini. I fully expect Bosa to have him dead to rights, he spins away from the sack, he rolls out, and somehow a WR is open by 10-15 yards 50 yards downfield. I've just seen it happen way too often. He's playing out of his mind this year and I won't lie, the dude scares the crap out of me.

2) The 49ers have been vulnerable all season to gash runs. It seems there is always a sequence that they'll give up big chunk yards in the run game. I haven't quite figured out why, but there are a number of possible culprits. Wide 9. Light but fast LBs. Stop the run on the way to the QB.

They also are susceptible to screens.

When the 49ers have the Ball:

1) You know they are gonna run it. Something of a statistical oddity, the 49ers and Seahawks run D ranks are almost identical. They are ranked 13th and 14th vs the run and give up an identical 4.7 yards per rush. The 49ers will run the ball A LOT regardless of whether they are having luck with it. Shanahan is stubborn that way.

2) My guess is that the Seahawks will sell out to stop that run and force Jimmy G to beat them. I mean, that's what I'D do. Strangely enough, through 3 seasons, the Seahawks have only seen Jimmy as a QB for a single drive. He looked great against the Cards, but I'd expect his customary one WTF throw that he seems to have in almost every game, and largely look very efficient in short to medium ranges. I wouldn't expect him to go deep with any regularity.

Injuries:

We'll see who is actually back, but I'd expect Staley, Juszczyk, and Witherspoon back, and possibly McGlinchey.

Kwon Alexander is HUGE. That one really hurts. One thing on him though...he has been in the game when they have been gashed in the run game. He was so fast and all over the field, but he was susceptible to the run. It will be interesting to see if him being out hurts or harms them. The dude is a great player, so not trying to say it isn't a blow, but curious to see what happens in that specific aspect.

In his stead you will probably see a lot of Dre Greenlaw who played will in preseason and some Azeez Al-Shaair, whom I actually really like, but is also undersized and raw.
This matchup reminds me of the old Joe Montana vs Steve Bartowski days (SF vs Atlanta - back when Atlanta was in the NFC west). Back then Joe would be Russel and Bartowski would be Jimmy from a mobility standpoint. :mrgreen:

Having said that, I think being at home, the 49ers are going to test that Seattle Secondary and if the 'Hawks are going to defend the run - Kyle's going to call some play action passes that might just gash them severely to back off on the run. Might as well use home field advantage for something. ;)

As for the 49er defense, agree - Greenlaw and Azeez will be tested. If I was Pete and Shottenheimer, those two rookies - Greenlaw and Azeez would be the guys I would scheme to attack. A great staple to attacking the 4-3 under would be misdirection and play action passes. Because of the 49er pass rush, I'd move Russell on designed moving pockets, roll outs, QB keepers, and the like. I'd really call a lot of run plays to neutralize that 49er pass rush and force the 49er weak spot in run defense to adjust and have them thinking run when Shottenheimer will call a play action pass deep to Lockett or DK.

I think this game will be much closer than what Vegas has a line on. It could be decided on the last play of the last drive of the game. :shock: :?: :?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Washington49er":1tw4cico said:
Fanatics":1tw4cico said:

AZ is a better team than TB.

No.

Not a perfect science of course, but Seattle toyed with AZ in Glendale before thrashing them and Tampa gave Seattle fits in Seattle. The eye test alone tells you Tampa is better.

Tampa has had some really tough breaks and close games. They are much better than their record may indicate.