Seahawks trade for Terrelle Pryor

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Yep, Jackson's contract is guaranteed so he's probably not going anywhere.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
I really like Pryor, but I weak more than comfortable with Wilson and TJack... Oh well, as 4th is really didn't cost us much I see no reason to complain.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Uhh, Tarvaris Jackson isn't going anywhere. There is ZERO chance this team is going to entrust it's offense and championship aspirations - in the event (God forbid) of an injury to RW - to Terrelle Pryor.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like TJack as the backup, but Pryor would be $350,000 per year less expensive. If it is just for a future consideration, then we have no risk. Him and Jackson compete for the backup job and loser gets cut. I like this from a competition standpoint. I believe TJack can beat him out for the backup role though so this may be much ado about nothing by the time September rolls around

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Jackson will probably still be the main backup should Wilson get injured but Pryor may well still see more plays, a few read options and l gadgets etc I reckon.

GCrow

Reaction score
Throwdown":1f4gzx48 said:
I like the move

I, as well. Call me crazy, but thought he actually flashed signs of a competent starter early this season... esp given what he had to work with in Oakland.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkspur":4fb91d3k said:
Jackson will probably still be the backup should Wilson get injured but Pryor may well still see more plays, a few read options and l gadgets etc I reckon.
this is what I'm coming around to...Pryor with that speed and length on some gadget plays would be awesome to see

nsport

Reaction score
When they said Oakland was going to toss him out, I thought "hey, we should get this guy" - at least let him come to camp and find out what we don't know. He could have really nice upside. If he can't cut it in our "competition" then he will be gone. But to me, totally worth the gamble.

gabel

Reaction score
I'm betting they give up nothing if he gets cut before the season starts.

I wonder if Pete tried to recruit him for USC?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I wonder if he'd be willing to make a position switch to TE. Or He could just be kept as a #3 developmental qb

kidhawk":3uxqef8y said:
I like TJack as the backup, but Pryor would be $350,000 per year less expensive. If it is just for a future consideration, then we have no risk. Him and Jackson compete for the backup job and loser gets cut. I like this from a competition standpoint. I believe TJack can beat him out for the backup role though so this may be much ado about nothing by the time September rolls around

TJack salary is fully guaranteed