Seahawks trade for Terrelle Pryor

Jville

Reaction score
Adding another interesting wrinkle to the story, Pro Football Talk also reported that the 49ers were gunning for Pryor as well, and that Seattle simply won out. Apparently the teams' intense rivalry extends to pursuing backup quarterbacks.
[urltargetblank]http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-04-21/terelle-pryor-traded-seahawks-raiders-pete-carroll-russell-wilson[/urltargetblank]

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":cpjdaibf said:
They must be seeing something if he was going to be cut in the next day or two. JS usually doesn't waste draft picks.

Hopefully it will be a conditional 7th if we win the Superbowl again or something like that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
After stepping back for a moment and looking at all the angles, I can see the Seahawks keeping Pryor, TJack both as backup qb's and dumping Daniels. Pryor is only scheduled to make $210,000 more than Daniels this season, so it's not really much money when we are talking value, because IMO Pryor is easily worth that much more as a 3rd string and when you look at our qb situation as a whole, we are still paying peanuts. Pryor becomes a free agent at the end of the year, but what if we can make him look REALLY good in pre season? It's not unlikely that he could possibly get us a better pick than we gave up and worst case scenario we keep him around and pay him to be the 3rd stringer here and possibly use him in other ways. Lots of interesting possibilities here....add in that the Niners wanted him and it makes it that much more worth the small risk

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
Sounds like we traded our 7th round pick this year, the last tradeable pick of the draft. So, not a huge cost. Not much difference between 7th round and UDFA.

halfrack

Reaction score
Oh man....I thought we were high on Daniels. TJ is obviously the incumbent back up. Unless there is an unknown injury at the position, this doesn't make sense to me. :229031_confused2:

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":iqzfl72c said:
Sounds like we traded our 7th round pick this year, the last tradeable pick of the draft. So, not a huge cost. Not much difference between 7th round and UDFA.

Confirmed that it was a 7th round pick this year that we gave Oakland for Pryor. (confirmed by seahawks official app)

sc85sis

Reaction score
gabel":1g35ix2a said:
I'm betting they give up nothing if he gets cut before the season starts.

I wonder if Pete tried to recruit him for USC?
I believe he did. He also faced him when USC played OSU in a home and home in 2008/2009.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Jville":34118195 said:
Adding another interesting wrinkle to the story, Pro Football Talk also reported that the 49ers were gunning for Pryor as well, and that Seattle simply won out. Apparently the teams' intense rivalry extends to pursuing backup quarterbacks.
[urltargetblank]http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-04-21/terelle-pryor-traded-seahawks-raiders-pete-carroll-russell-wilson[/urltargetblank]

Tumblr m9lg30RixM1ro8ysbo1 500

jake206

Reaction score
Seattle is the place for undrafted FA, so 7th rounders wouldn't be as valuable. Good gamble.

And he has some decent hands in this video clip

[youtube]lrZYZktLdns[/youtube]

salamander

Reaction score
I think this move may be about our defense and being able to practice and prepare against a very good running QB. Our D had a hard time stopping Kaep when he ran the ball.

drrew

Reaction score
Love this move.

1. He can compete with BJ Daniels for the 3rd QB spot...this move has nothing to do with TJack in 2014, not sure why people are worried about that.

2. He's a physical freak, so the conversion to WR can't be overlooked.

3. Someone asked if Carroll recruited him, he most certainly did, but USC didn't end up taking a QB in the '08 class and Matt Barkley as the #1 QB in the '09 class actually committed to SC before Pryor ended up choosing Ohio State. Pryor almost ended up at Oregon but in the end Phil Knight didn't offer quite as much money as Ohio State did.