Seahawks trade for Terrelle Pryor

HawkHouse

Reaction score
My brother in law is a huge Raiders fan, he just said this last weekend that we should consider doing this, lol.

So now he's all proud of himself, master prognosticator, lol

I trust our coaching staff to decide where he best fits ...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ok I don't get this one unless they are going to trade TJack.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
It keeps San Fran from landing him too should some bad news come down on Colin, I really wouldn't want to see him stepping in and running their offense I prefer them to play ( be stuck with ) Gabbert should something happen to Colin.

Jville

Reaction score
Nice ......... Terrelle Pryor is entertaining. Should be a good option qb for the defense to practice against.

Competition for BJ Daniels and a forth quarterback now on the roster before the draft..... check.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Great trade. Its all about getting better and not necessarily need. He is better than Daniels.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I'll be a smidge interested if we're talking about a position change. If not, I doubt he makes the 53, which is fine since we're possibly giving up nothing with the conditional seventh.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
They must be seeing something if he was going to be cut in the next day or two. JS usually doesn't waste draft picks.

jake206

Reaction score
WR project?... Lots of QBs have made the switch successfully. If he works at it, he could be good.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
I don't quite understand, but I'll be fine if it's a conditional late round pick next year. I'd understand it more if there is a position change to WR or TE.

OrFan

Reaction score
KPA":rhoa3fhe said:
I think we try to turn him into a WR. If he doesn't like it... you'll see him on waivers.

6'4" with 4.3 speed and all kinds of moves. Can he catch? If so he could be a good receiver.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Given that Pryor would only be competing for the #3 job, and is only under team control for one season (2014, after which he'll be a FA), I wouldn't be shocked if we sent them something other than a conditional future pick. I could see this being a player-for-player trade (someone currently on the Hawks roster who is unlikely to make the team), or perhaps a swap of 2014 picks (ex: the Hawks swap their pick at the end of the 5th round with the Raiders for their pick at the top of the 6th round).

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
@Curtis_Crabtree: Of course... RT @ProFootballTalk: Per multiple sources, the Seahawks and the 49ers were both pursuing a trade for Terrelle Pryor.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1qjlcdc8 said:
They must be seeing something if he was going to be cut in the next day or two. JS usually doesn't waste draft picks.
had no shot at him on waivers

kearly

Reaction score
I like it, sort of.

Last year when Seattle traded Flynn to Oakland and the terms hadn't yet been announced, I said that trading Flynn for Pryor straight up would have been a good deal for Seattle but I was doubtful Oakland would do it. Oakland did like Pryor and gave him a fair shot to be their QB early in the season, with results that were decent by reasonable expectations.

Pryor has the best running talent of any QB in the NFL. He's only a little smaller than Cam Newton, but runs much faster. And when you run a lot faster than Cam Newton does, that's saying something. Last year Pryor rushed for 576 yards in only 9 starts, in fact he actually averaged more yards per carry (6.9) than he did per pass attempt (6.6).

Pryor has some passing talent too, enough that I expect Seattle traded for Pryor for him to play QB.

Oakland was going to cut Pryor if they couldn't trade him, so I would expect the trade cost to be very minor, probably a conditional 2015 7th rounder. Remember that in 2015 Seattle is going to have a ton of extra compensation picks so even if they end up paying the pick it's not going to be a big deal.

We now have BJ Daniels and Terrell Pryor on our QB depth chart. Though both are unlikely to pan out, these are the kind of gambles I love, and in fact these were the two QBs I was advocating for the most last offseason (Daniels in the draft, Pryor in trade). These players are sensationally talented runners with some throwing talent. If either one of them can develop into game manager level passers, they could become valuable future trade chips. I see enough natural passing talent that this is not a pipe dream, especially for Daniels who actually played well for SF before they surprisingly cut him out of the blue to sign a handful of far inferior QBs.

And if both of them fail, we still have T-Jack.

The only minor bummer about this move is that it means Seattle is a lot less likely to acquire Connor Shaw in the upcoming draft who I think could be Russell Wilson-lite, especially in our offense.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2alli2h6 said:
@Curtis_Crabtree: Of course... RT @ProFootballTalk: Per multiple sources, the Seahawks and the 49ers were both pursuing a trade for Terrelle Pryor.

Nice! JS and PC love trolling the 9ers

Throwdown

Reaction score
gabel":b1fdm1dx said:
I'm betting they give up nothing if he gets cut before the season starts.

I wonder if Pete tried to recruit him for USC?

Possible, everyone wanted Pryor coming out of HS.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Killa Kam":kxy5a1ne said:
I wonder if he'd be willing to make a position switch to TE. Or He could just be kept as a #3 developmental qb

kidhawk":kxy5a1ne said:
I like TJack as the backup, but Pryor would be $350,000 per year less expensive. If it is just for a future consideration, then we have no risk. Him and Jackson compete for the backup job and loser gets cut. I like this from a competition standpoint. I believe TJack can beat him out for the backup role though so this may be much ado about nothing by the time September rolls around

TJack salary is fully guaranteed

Now that you say that, I think I remember hearing that his salary was guaranteed. That would meant that Pryor would have to really prove himself worthy to earn that spot unless we try to get him to switch positions. Either case, I have a suspicion that we gave up nothing this year and made it conditional, so if he doesn't make the roster we lose nothing. The Raiders were talking about releasing him, so it's a win/win type of trade. Even if they end up with nothing, that is what they would have got for releasing him.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It's indeed for a pick. Darn.

---------

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m
Seahawks surrendered a 7th-round pick for QB Terrelle Pryor, per league source.