Seahawks trade for Terrelle Pryor

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not sure why people don't like this move. He looked really good at times last year and as Kearly pointed out he is the best running QB in the league, not Kaep, not Newton etc. but Pryor. He's a backup QB with a unique skillset.....a total seahawk type player. I love the move.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2yv63lw9 said:
It should be pointed out Terrelle Pryor score on the Wonderlic test was one of the worst ever, especially for a QB, at a whopping 7 out of 50.....for comparison Russell was a 28, Kaepernick a 38, Peyton a 28, Brady a 33, Vick a 20, Newton a 21 . Even the average Janitor has scored a 14 on this test. His score wasn't even below average, it was pitiful.

While a good score doesn't necessarily equal good QB, an awful score can suggest the guy has serious cognitive issues preventing him from being an NFL QB. Reminds me of Willie Beamon in Any Given Sunday, just runs because its what he does best and ignores the playbook all together. I think they end up moving him to WR, would make the most sense based on his athleticism, and our need for a big, athletic wideout.

Dan Marino and Jim Kelly both scored 15 on the Wonderlic.

That test means exactly jack.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Can't teach 6'4", 4.38 speed at 235 pounds.

If everyone saw some no name receiver we drafted at the last pick in the NFL draft who was 6'4" 4.38 speed at 235 pounds, everyone here would be extremely excited about his potential.

By the way, not saying Pryor will amount to him, but I remember when the Browns signed Josh Gordon he was also extremely raw but had a ton of potential, and this year he was the best receiver in the league. We can work with him to run routes and catch the ball, I personally am very excited at the idea of Pryor at receiver.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
HawkWow":tzqddqcg said:
Pryor should be arrested for impersonating an NFL QB. If you need a throw...he's not your guy. But if you need a camp guy that can emulate Kaep (and Newton) he can be that guy.

Getting him with the last pick in the draft is awesome, IMO. I don't think we will be grooming him, I don't think we will see him at WR (or TE!) and I don't think we will ever see him on the field, but I do think he will help our D.

I agree with this. Great pick for the Mr. Irrelevant pick. I understand the intrigue of Pryor at other positions, but I think this move was about competition at QB. Hopefully it is at playmaker. the Hawks only keep two QB's on the roster, and one on the practice squad, so how this story will end will be interesting.

I hope the hawks draft a WR since there are at least eight or so I would love to see them pick, and that would make it even more difficult for Pryor to make the roster if a prospect was drafted in the first two rounds. With Sid signed they have 5 wr's on the roster before the Draft, and three TE's. It would be very fun to see if there is a position change. Maybe the Tebow story will encourage him to try out at other positions.
Either way this made camp and preseason even more interesting, and I approve!

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I'm drawing a blank on all of those QB turned WR's that have stormed the league. It has been tried several times but rarely does anything come of it.

Renohawk

Reaction score
I'm not saying he will get many snaps during the game, but it sure adds another tool to the tool box for the coaches. My take, it's all about the unknown. You throw Pryor on the field with Wilson, then spit Wilson out wide and move Pryor under center, now the defense has to account for the read option. I now the read option is in the playbook, but you don't want Wilson taking the brunt of those plays, as last year teams started teeing off on him. How sick would a handful of plays during a game with Pryor, Harvin and Lynch in the backfield.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Throwdown":2jabgg8o said:
Can anyone tell me what's so bad about the move? He's making next to nothing, better competition for TJack than Daniels, and honestly wasn't as bad as stated in this thread when he was starting in Oakland, and on top of that, it's only a 7th rounder.

noone has yet stated a rationale explanation for being against this move.

Its akin to arguing we didnt draft the right player at #32 in the 7th round, or why we brought in such-n-such as a UFDA.

Terrell Pryor can only help this team. he cannot hurt it. He takes noone's roster spot that is of any importance. If he does than that player wasnt good enough.

Maybe there is some financial concern, but other than that who really cares if we have Terrel Pryor or the last pick in the NFL draft?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Honestly I have always sort of liked Pryor, I just don't (at the moment) see how he fits as a QB. Hopefully he doesn't turn into another Brady Quinn project. Now that he is out of Oakland you can only assume that Oakland is trying to position themselves for one of the High caliber Qb's in the draft. Interesting, I better make some more popcorn! :snack:

Happy

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3iv48qsr said:
I'm drawing a blank on all of those QB turned WR's that have stormed the league. It has been tried several times but rarely does anything come of it.

Matt Jones. He was playing good football until a drug habit derailed his career.

Brahn

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2ny0l1cc said:

Not sure what your definition of stormed the league is but.

Freddie Solomon
Julian Edelman
Brad Smith
Randel El

Non - WR
Josh Cribbs - DB
Michael Robinson - FB
Brian Mitchell - KR

just off the top of my head

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
How important is the backup QB in the film room? Because I'd imagine TJack is loads better than Pryor as a mentor at this point in their careers. I have no idea how much that aspect is a consideration when making a roster decision, but I would think it plays at least a small role. If Pryor is being brought in to compete with TJack that could be a factor

j hawk

Reaction score
The ONLY way I see Prior getting a good payday is at WR not QB. At QB you just don`t morph into it. You either have it or you don`t (after a reseanable amount of time). He has the physical gifts to hopefully enable him a good chance at turning into a WR. I think JS and PC are throwing a dart at the board and hopefully hitting a good spot. If the dart is a miss.........they will throw more darts.

gobosgumbo518

Reaction score
I'm a little confused by this trade as well. Pryor is a great athlete and I like his game, I just don't see where he fits on our roster. Just an observation but I remember not too long ago, even the early 90's when it was considered somewhat of an anomaly to have a black QB on an NFL roster. I wonder if 4 on one team is unprecedented. Either way I love watching the ever-evolving entertainment of our NFL.

DJrmb

Reaction score
What do people not get about this move???

Pete and John just got what some considered a 1ST Round Talent with a 7TH Round pick. It's the same thinking as Drafting Best Player Available. It's the correct way to build a team (keep bringing in as much talent as possible).

The question should be Why the hell wouldn't we make this move?

Right now there are tons of possibilities for Pryor on this team. He could switch positions, although I don't think that's what they brought him in for but it's a possibility. He could be our #3 QB and a potential replacement for TJack after a season two. He could be a stud ST guy. He could be camp fodder. He could be a "Flip-that-house" type of player that we hold onto and then trade to someone in need just before the season starts for a higher pick (Jacksonville if they don't get a top QB in the draft?).

And finally it sounds like the 9ers were going after him as well so you keep him away from them.

What is there Not to understand about this move??????????? :?:

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1vkfqna7 said:

Hines Ward was a QB in HS and played severals games behind center at University of Georgia for a season.

Anquan Boldin was recruited to Florida St. as a QB, was the best QB in Florida in his class in the state, until they moved him to receiver.

As others mentioned, Brad Jones, Randle El, Matt Jones.....and none of them had the level of athleticism that Pryor has. Of course he could flop but I'll take our chances.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Ultimately, there are a lot of good Pros why Pryor is on this team.

The risk is also low and compensation givin up is next to nothing... so if it doesn't work ouut, its not a big deal.

Don't know some people are worried or even care at this point... is a rather blah trade for the time being.

Incredible athlete that can help the Defense improve mobile defenses... and for the people who say that doesn't matter, Seahawks have a lot of young guys who have yet to take significant snaps that are going to be competing for playing time... what better way to get them prepped against big, mobile QBs than to have one.

However, the real challenge, the real way to look at the situation is quite possibly John Schnieder and Pete Carroll are challenging his coaching staff more than they're going to challenge Pryor.

They are saying to Bevell, Carl Smith, and possibly Kippy Brown, Sherman Smith, and the TE coach whose name eludes me plus ST coach Brian McIntyre.... "here's a kid whose 6-5, 235 pounds and runs around 4.40... he has athletic ability that can tilt the field much like Kaepernick... challenge yourselves to challenge him and make something out of a weapon out of him. Let's see what you guys can do."

In each garbaged player Seahawks can spin into treasure is just another type of success story that will attract future players to this club asking for a chance of redemption and those players completely committing themselves to the process and buying into the system.

At least that's the way I see it.

McGruff

Reaction score
Brahn":31ds7enu said:
HawkNuts":31ds7enu said:

Not sure what your definition of stormed the league is but.

Freddie Solomon
Julian Edelman
Brad Smith
Randel El

Non - WR
Josh Cribbs - DB
Michael Robinson - FB
Brian Mitchell - KR

just off the top of my head

Ward and Boldin played a bit of college QB as well . . . but I still don't think generously including them amounts to "storming the league" . . .

Latest posts