Sherman: No relationship with Wilson

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Sherman is coming off as a d***. He needs to be more respectful of the organization that made him who he is. He also needs to realize that he wasn’t just let loose because he was hurt. Whatever, I am totally indifferent to him and his team. We’ll see his perspective when his career is over.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He’s not the first guy to be upset at his former employer/coworkers after being fired.

Still, the negative comments about Wilson are childish. Unless he is claiming he has a strong relationship with everyone on the team, singling our Wilson makes him look petty and juvenile.

When the Seahawks win nine or ten games this season, these comments won’t age well.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
1. Wilson and him didnt hang out . .big deal. Do you hangout or are friends with all the people you work with?

2. The drafting sucked in those years...for the most part the truth.

3. Wilson can throw interceptions...truth...and I consider this a bit of trash talk..nothing more than he did when he was here but now you guys are offended instead of rooting for his I'm the best corner in the game routines.

All I see here is Sherman being Sherman. Of course he is bitter how it played out. I'm sure he wanted to stay here and thought he could still play to a high level. The bosses thought otherwise which is a tough pill to swallow.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Keep doing your thing, Russ. Preach it, brother.

We are with YOU.

rcaido

Reaction score
Nice click bate title

context people or just read the article.

Moments before, it was mentioned to Sherman by a reporter that the cornerback knew what Wilson was capable of in terms of making plays outside the pocket.

Sherman quickly offered the other side of that coin.

"Yeah, I've also seen him throw five picks in the game, so you see what he's capable of on both sides of it," he said. "You understand that he can be defended, so you go out there and give it your best shot.

Sounds like he is saying he's great but he can be stopped.

Here is a nice positive he said about Pete.

As for Carroll, Sherman said he envisioned the pair having a relationship in the future.

"I'm sure we'll have some relationship at some point and talk," Sherman said. "Pete was a good man and a good coach and did everything he can for that franchise. I don't have any ill will towards him at all."

eh why am i even bothering trying to explain this...Yall just going to hate and go with the hive mentality.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
rcaido":3nvu2q9s said:
Nice click bate title

Moments before, it was mentioned to Sherman by a reporter that the cornerback knew what Wilson was capable of in terms of making plays outside the pocket.

"Yeah, I've also seen him throw five picks in the game, so you see what he's capable of on both sides of it," he said. "You understand that he can be defended, so you go out there and give it your best shot.

As for Carroll, Sherman said he envisioned the pair having a relationship in the future.

"I'm sure we'll have some relationship at some point and talk," Sherman said. "Pete was a good man and a good coach and did everything he can for that franchise. I don't have any ill will towards him at all."

eh why am i even bothering trying to explain this...Yall just going to hate and go with the hive mentality.

I don’t hate Sherman. Great player for the Seahawks, will always be grateful for his time here, and I empathize with the fact that Sherman had to be a cap casualty.

His comments on Wilson are petty. That’s middle school stuff.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ESPN has such a hard-on for keeping the Seahawks seedy story lines going for whatever reason.

While Sherman will take the bite - and yes I will not boo him this Sunday - I am just happy Pete and Russ continue to take the high road.

This chatter will all be pointless after Sunday when we go 7-5 and the 49ers continue to go into the tank.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":kwcfx6vj said:
Whatever. Sherman is one of my all time favorite Seahawks and is the man that made my single greatest Seahawk memory. I'm not going to be at the game, but if I was i'd cheer him.

100% agree

justafan

Reaction score
rcaido":1xd4p2of said:
Nice click bate title

Its not hive mentality.I just think he is a punk.

Seymour

Reaction score
rcaido":2cri2p0n said:
Nice click bate title

I heard that part of the interview on 950. Sherman gave ZERO credit to Wilson and certainly did not even come close to implying he was great, so forget that silly notion. Just listen to his tone as it oozes with spite and resentment. Sherman acts like fingers on a chalkboard when they try to credit Russell. :177692:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sherman doing what Sherman does. Tryin' to get into peoples heads. He wrote the book on it! I won't boo him Sunday, but I won't applaud him either.

Chapow

Reaction score
rcaido":yw3q5ig1 said:
Nice click bate title

And here's another one that reads quite differently when not taken out of context only quoting the "middle of the road team" part and leaving out the rest.

"It's not like they're 8-1 or [better]. If they were that, I'd be very surprised, but [they are] kind of middle of the road," Sherman said. "They're fighting in every game. They've won some close ones; they've lost some close ones."

Correct, we are not 8-1 or better.

Correct, everyone would be very surprised if we were 8-1 or better.

We are 6-5, and just got to that record by winning our last 2. Is "kind of middle of the road" really that outrageous of an opinion of a 6-5 team?

Correct, we are fighting in every game.

Correct, we've won some close ones and lost some close ones.

I'm really not seeing what the big deal is or why any of this would ruffle anyones feathers.

justafan

Reaction score
Chapow":1yzuljf0 said:
rcaido":1yzuljf0 said:
Nice click bate title

And here's another one that reads quite differently when not taken out of context only quoting the "middle of the road team" part and leaving out the rest.

"It's not like they're 8-1 or [better]. If they were that, I'd be very surprised, but [they are] kind of middle of the road," Sherman said. "They're fighting in every game. They've won some close ones; they've lost some close ones."

Correct, we are not 8-1 or better.

Correct, everyone would be very surprised if we were 8-1 or better.

We are 6-5, and just got to that record by winning our last 2. Is "kind of middle of the road" really that outrageous of an opinion of a 6-5 team?

Correct, we are fighting in every game.

Correct, we've won some close ones and lost some close ones.

I'm really not seeing what the big deal is or why any of this would ruffle anyones feathers.

I agree there is nothing in that article that bothers me.My opinion of him is based on the man he is and was when he was on our team.

Rat

Reaction score
He has made tens of millions of dollars motivating himself through perceived slights. If he thinks that constant chip on his shoulder helps make him a great CB, then more power to him. I loved him while he was here, and I wouldn't boo him, but if Russ burns him on late game-winning TD, I might smile a little bigger than I otherwise would.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I like Sherm and appreciated what he gave us and will forever be grateful. I would applaud him. HOWEVER, whomever said above that he is just being him brings up a key worry, to me: if we are worried about Sherm, his reception, etc. we could get picked off by a 2-9 team at a key point in season. Stay focused and stay hot and please hit Doug on a 77-yard bingo against Sherm on the way out the door as we win 34-9.

renofox

Reaction score
The worst possible thing that you could to to Sherman, from his perspective, is to ignore him.

I hope he receives neither boos nor cheers from fans during the game.

Act like he doesn't exist and he'll go mental.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontlakeMike/status/1068323063815520256[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontlakeMike/status/1068323063815520256[/tweet]

hawks85

Reaction score
Scorpion05":28py406x said:
Just when I was starting to get over his early season comments and thank him for his time here, he can’t help himself. Seattle is a “middle of the road team” and “Wilson’s also thrown 5 interceptions so he can be defended.” Nothing drastically wrong but damn, at least be cool to the team, coach and the city that loved you, embraced you, and defended you when the rest of America wanted your head

Carroll and Wilson on the other hand have been nothing but classy complimenting Sherman
I'm glad sherman is gone. I did not like that guy. He's a talker and doesnt shut up. '"middle of the rod team" Yeah sherman at least we are not 2-9 and hanging out at the bottom of the barrel you clown.

Latest posts