Sherman: No relationship with Wilson

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Chapow":v41dfuwf said:
rcaido":v41dfuwf said:
Nice click bate title

context people or just read the article.

Moments before, it was mentioned to Sherman by a reporter that the cornerback knew what Wilson was capable of in terms of making plays outside the pocket.

Sherman quickly offered the other side of that coin.

"Yeah, I've also seen him throw five picks in the game, so you see what he's capable of on both sides of it," he said. "You understand that he can be defended, so you go out there and give it your best shot.

Sounds like he is saying he's great but he can be stopped.

Here is a nice positive he said about Pete.

As for Carroll, Sherman said he envisioned the pair having a relationship in the future.

"I'm sure we'll have some relationship at some point and talk," Sherman said. "Pete was a good man and a good coach and did everything he can for that franchise. I don't have any ill will towards him at all."

eh why am i even bothering trying to explain this...Yall just going to hate and go with the hive mentality.

And here's another one that reads quite differently when not taken out of context only quoting the "middle of the road team" part and leaving out the rest.

"It's not like they're 8-1 or [better]. If they were that, I'd be very surprised, but [they are] kind of middle of the road," Sherman said. "They're fighting in every game. They've won some close ones; they've lost some close ones."

Correct, we are not 8-1 or better.

Correct, everyone would be very surprised if we were 8-1 or better.

We are 6-5, and just got to that record by winning our last 2. Is "kind of middle of the road" really that outrageous of an opinion of a 6-5 team?

Correct, we are fighting in every game.

Correct, we've won some close ones and lost some close ones.

I'm really not seeing what the big deal is or why any of this would ruffle anyones feathers.

Sorry but you're both trying to hard to dismiss this. Let's compare:

"Hey Russ, what do you think about Sherman coming back to Seattle?"

Russ: "Oh man such a great player. One of the best at his position, future hall of famer. Loved having him on the team So great for our locker room. Go Hawks"

"Hey Pete! What about you?"

Carroll: "Oh Sherman's great. He was really great for us. I hope the fans embrace him as they rightfully should. Great player"

" Hey Sherman. You're going back to Seattle. How do you feel?"

Sherman: "Well Seattle's a middle of the road team. Me and Russell aren't really friends. By the way do you remember that time in his 7-year career he threw 5 interceptions?? He can be defended for sure. Oh and the team sucks for letting me go while I was injured. I hate that."

The first 2 examples show two people keeping it simple, not starting any fires, and being classy to their ex-teammate despite all the media BS he's been spewing about the team over the years. The latter shows a selfish, classless player who apparently is excused by some because he's supposedly speaking "facts." It's BS, he's classless.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":108f18b6 said:
rcaido":108f18b6 said:
Nice click bate title

context people or just read the article.

Moments before, it was mentioned to Sherman by a reporter that the cornerback knew what Wilson was capable of in terms of making plays outside the pocket.

Sherman quickly offered the other side of that coin.

"Yeah, I've also seen him throw five picks in the game, so you see what he's capable of on both sides of it," he said. "You understand that he can be defended, so you go out there and give it your best shot.

Sounds like he is saying he's great but he can be stopped.

Here is a nice positive he said about Pete.

As for Carroll, Sherman said he envisioned the pair having a relationship in the future.

"I'm sure we'll have some relationship at some point and talk," Sherman said. "Pete was a good man and a good coach and did everything he can for that franchise. I don't have any ill will towards him at all."

eh why am i even bothering trying to explain this...Yall just going to hate and go with the hive mentality.

And here's another one that reads quite differently when not taken out of context only quoting the "middle of the road team" part and leaving out the rest.

"It's not like they're 8-1 or [better]. If they were that, I'd be very surprised, but [they are] kind of middle of the road," Sherman said. "They're fighting in every game. They've won some close ones; they've lost some close ones."

Correct, we are not 8-1 or better.

Correct, everyone would be very surprised if we were 8-1 or better.

We are 6-5, and just got to that record by winning our last 2. Is "kind of middle of the road" really that outrageous of an opinion of a 6-5 team?

Correct, we are fighting in every game.

Correct, we've won some close ones and lost some close ones.

I'm really not seeing what the big deal is or why any of this would ruffle anyones feathers.

Because that's what he's trying to do...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
So glad that drama queen gone.
When your DOGs become defensive, insecure, have PMS they are nothing but biatches.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he has done his job with some of the fans here, in your head, your shirt, your pants and in your shower, It's what he does and he has always done.

Many said they loved this and that he has always backed it up when he was here but would hate it if he was somewhere else, well guess what.

I bet all you that are all bent get pissed off when you see a ex wife or girlfriend that dumped you also.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":hmh1vaji said:
Well he has done his job with some of the fans here, in your head, your shirt, your pants and in your shower, It's what he does and he has always done.

Many said they loved this and that he has always backed it up when he was here but would hate it if he was somewhere else, well guess what.

I bet all you that are all bent get pissed off when you see a ex wife or girlfriend that dumped you also.

This.

People are blowing this whole deal way out of proportion and haven't figured out he intentionally tries to get under opponents' skin. He's like a boxer talking smack to sell tickets, generate controversy and attention.

And it also proves how overly sensitive our culture is becoming since if an ex player doesn't load up a presser with hippie love and sweet nothings for his former team and QB then he must be pure evil. Heaven forbid he doesn't have a "relationship" with our robot rah rah QB-he's from Compton, Wilson grew up in upper middle class Virginia-they're from different worlds.

TreeRon

Reaction score
soxhawk":33puiapl said:
He just wants all of us to boo him on Sunday, cause that's about the only way he has left to pump himself up on the 2-9ers.

Sherman motivates himself by being angry. It works for him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
not sure posting thoughts on a website is having sherman swimming inside someone's head.

just commenting on the article

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The only team Richard Sherman has ever been on is The Richard Sherman Team.

Who knows what is and isn't true about the rumors of demanding trades and fighting with coaches and teammates.

He did very well on a legendary defense but he is a little overrated.

Fact is the guy had become more trouble than he was worth.

Big money+big mouth=you better be an All Pro or your out of town

I'm happy to move onto guys who are hungry and happy to be in the NFL

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
It is amusing to see all the apologists excusing Sherman’s lack of self awareness and maturity. We all have flaws and Sherman’s are just on display for all to see.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Weird the hold Sherman still has on some of us.

If that was any other opposing player, we would ALL agree the guy was a punk. Ridiculous passive aggressive little snide comments up and down that interview. Absolutely childish.

And yet here we are with the "I'm gonna cheer him!!" comments. Why? The guy is taking shots (AGAIN) at our team and our QB in order to play mind games and you want to cheer him? East coast fans read this and shake their head.....

This isn't some master ploy by Sherm. This is just his immaturity and insecurity on display. Nothing more.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2523zbeu said:

If that was any other opposing player, we would ALL agree the guy was a punk. Ridiculous passive aggressive little snide comments up and down that interview. Absolutely childish.

And yet here we are with the "I'm gonna cheer him!!" comments. Why? The guy is taking shots (AGAIN) at our team and our QB in order to play mind games and you want to cheer him? East coast fans read this and shake their head.....

This isn't some master ploy by Sherm. This is just his immaturity and insecurity on display. Nothing more.

This is Sherm, and this only affects those that take the bait and run with it. Also provides a lot of amusement for those that watch them splash around as they get reeled in.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
chris98251":3imai2iz said:
Hawkpower":3imai2iz said:

This is Sherm, and this only affects those that take the bait and run with it. Also provides a lot of amusement for those that watch them splash around as they get reeled in.
I said this in the other thread and I'll say it here too. I wouldn't boo Sherman but the idea that Sherman is plotting this out and playing some game is patently absurd.
He is being exactly who he has always been. An extremely immature individual.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Yeah... Sherm was sour when he got cut. However, he is alot more sour now, because he thought he was going to be playing in this year's Super Bowl with Garoppolo and Co. While we would be sucking it at best 4-12 team. Remember, after last season how hyped this year's 49'ers team was supposed to be?
Thanks for the memories Sherm!
Aloha means goodbye braddah [emoji1690]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

evergreen

Reaction score
Sherman is in your head. Good thing you don’t play. The thing is, he’s pretty smart. Uh, Stanford. He’s also a pain in the ass and a dick- no pun intended. But when he was our pain in the ass dick it was ok because he was lights out awesome. Plus the greatest sports moment in our lives was because of him. There is no one higher in the pantheon if Seahawk greatness. Only a handful of peers. And they all played on that team. And then some nuclear adversity happened. And that led to more adversity and before you can say, “who needs a kicker “ it was all over. And he’s on the outside looking in. I think it’s kinda one of those love hate things. But we will have a status of The Tip outside our stadium says it all.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Pisses me off I have that biothches jersey cuz I will never wear it < especially now
I could wear my Lynch Or my bennett or Etc. Etc. but I won't be wearing 25 again

Anybody wanna mint large Wolf gray sherm superbOwl correctly done ? I can send pics , P M me shipped to your door for $25 ?

He's just a petulant little : P are I C K
I'll be watching and Booing from my 90 inch big screen at home and pray we beat those B@#$ ards down unlike the the Aints n dal Ass
I feel like he was one of the main causes for the teams downward spiral over the last 3 years
JMY2Sense

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Listening to Cliff Avril's comments about Sherman's comments today, I side with him. While he understands how it can upset fans, you have to remember, that this is precisely his M.O. to get in your head. This is all calculated.

He knows the chances of the 49ers coming in and beating us - while not impossible - is hugely unlikely. Sherman has zero interceptions this year, and is simply not the player he once was in the prime of his LOB career.

He's grasping at straws...Saying anything if he thinks it will give him even a slight psychological edge.

Like Cliff says, "Don't take the bait."

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sherm was like this when he was in Seattle, you all who are offended just didn't see it through your rose colored glasses. He's always been abrasive and never taken the high road and we loved him for it. Now that he's coming at the Hawks, just take it with a grain of salt.