Sherman: No relationship with Wilson

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
It's continuously amusing seeing some people so butthurt by Sherm's comments. He wants his opponents and their fans to hate him. He wants you to think he's selfish and immature. It's simply part pseudo Machiavelli, part Andy Kauffman, part elementary psych and part reality tv villain.

He gets opponents and their fans all bent out of shape (especially Hawk fans) and it creates drama, brings attention to him, messes with some opponents and motivates him.

And yes he's always been this way-he figured out this style long ago but hypocrisy rules around here since many of the same folks that cheered him for his personality now view him as public enemy #1...and Sherm couldn't be more pleased.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me if Sherman talks smack when he's off the team. He's never been as smart as he thinks he is but that's true of most arrogant people.

I do fault him for his role in the cancerous behavior towards the offense while he was on the team. It's mostly water under the bridge in 2018 but what was lost in part by his attitude cannot be regained on Sunday by either side. There's no settling it on the field.

knownone

Reaction score
I find Sherman amusing. I only wish people in the media used his rhetoric against him. It would be really hilarious to watch and he might start revoking press passes again.

Let's see what the argument against Sherman would be using his rhetoric.

Sherman was the product of Pete's system and playing with the greatest safety tandem in NFL history. It's just a fact, look at his success before Carroll and after Carroll, and look at the number of corners who've performed at a high level in Seattle. Sherman was an average corner in college. He's an average corner in San Fran.

I mean, sure, maybe Seattle won't find a guy who will come close to replacing his production in the 5th round... oh, they already did? OMG! It hasn't even been one year. You mean to tell me that since week 6 a first-year converted safety who makes 500k per year has a nearly identical average score according to PFF as a 3x All-Pro who makes 8 million. That's unfortunate...

The Seahawks probably win at least 2 Superbowls if the defense doesn't give up 14 points and allow the Patriots back into the game. Just facts, the defense had a 10 point lead in the final 10 minutes. Don't forget the game in Atlanta in 2012 where the defense allowed Atlanta to score on 5 of their first 6 drives averaging 60 yards per drive and gave up 41 yards in 21 seconds to lose the game in the final minute.

The front office really hurt this team by holding on to so many entitled veteran players with injury risks. If you just look at the veteran players we resigned and held onto the truth is the truth. Think about it, they probably make the playoffs last year if they would have traded Sherm and used that salary space to resign Hauska and sign Wentworth or another lineman in free agency. You would have at least got a 2nd round pick for Sherman and you would have saved a 2nd round pick in the process by signing Wentworth and not trading for Brown. Probably would have been better off not resigning Kam or Bennett too, respect is important but this is a business after all.

I'll be honest, I enjoy using Sherman's technique of using hindsight and warping opinions to state them as facts... It's really kind of fun.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":8zw5lqoy said:
It's continuously amusing seeing some people so butthurt by Sherm's comments. He wants his opponents and their fans to hate him. He wants you to think he's selfish and immature. It's simply part pseudo Machiavelli, part Andy Kauffman, part elementary psych and part reality tv villain.

He gets opponents and their fans all bent out of shape (especially Hawk fans) and it creates drama, brings attention to him, messes with some opponents and motivates him.

And yes he's always been this way-he figured out this style long ago but hypocrisy rules around here since many of the same folks that cheered him for his personality now view him as public enemy #1...and Sherm couldn't be more pleased.

I know this has always been the spin (he went to Stanford, so smart, etc) but I dont know if I believe that anymore.

His comments lately, and especially these, just smack of pettiness and immaturity. What part of his thinly veiled shots seem calculated?? He just sounds to me like a guy trying desperately to salvage some pride.

Hes not playing a masterful game. Please. Hes just immature, end of story

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I get the feeling Sherm’s Relationships are between the camera, mirrors, and himself. He does a whole bunch of talking while you rarely see him listen and when he talks it’s usually about himself. It’s difficult to build friendships that way.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
evergreen":1sb40foz said:
Sherman is in your head. Good thing you don’t play. The thing is, he’s pretty smart. Uh, Stanford. He’s also a pain in the ass and a dick- no pun intended. But when he was our pain in the ass dick it was ok because he was lights out awesome. Plus the greatest sports moment in our lives was because of him. There is no one higher in the pantheon if Seahawk greatness. Only a handful of peers. And they all played on that team. And then some nuclear adversity happened. And that led to more adversity and before you can say, “who needs a kicker “ it was all over. And he’s on the outside looking in. I think it’s kinda one of those love hate things. But we will have a status of The Tip outside our stadium says it all.

Sherman is doing all the talking. People here are just pisting on a website.

Seems seattle is in Shermans head

But i agree with you. He will be honored as a aeahawks great soon enough

Steve2222

Reaction score
It blows my mind how any Seahawks fan is defending Sherman right now lmao. That was as disrespectful of an interview as you can’t get. How many interviews has Sherm gave to an opposing team like that in the past few years? You think he said Jamesis was a pick machine last week?

You’re just being incredibly dense if you don’t see the full resentment he has towards the Seahawks organization and especially Russell Wilson in that interview. The dumb response gets brought up all the time “well I’m not friends with everyone I work with.” Stop comparing your job to that of an NFL football player and an NFL locker room. Russell wasn’t some third string offensive tackle. He was the star QB and team captain of the team. Richard was the star CB, and pseudo captain of the LOB. Certainly a healthy locker room these two players would have and should have had a great relationship with each other. If you ever played football, the starting QB is the ambassador of the team and is friends with at least every starter on the team.

If you look at past interviews with Sherm, he never really has given much credit to Russell. Just take the shoot out with Houston last year. Sherm was glowing with compliments towards Watson, like he just watched the birth of the Michael Jordan of football. Didn’t say a word about his QB, who outplayed Watson that game. Other Seahwks players, including defensive players, complimented their QB. I found that really odd then, and really it makes a lot of sense now.

Richard Sherman despises and is incredibly envious of Russell Wilson. You’re naive if you see otherwise. Really there’s no reason to test Sherman this week because the rest of SFs secondary is beyond awful. However, I’m really really hoping Russell begs Shotty to let him go after his ass.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Sherman is average at this point. You don’t get in anyone’s head on a 2-9 team. This is bitterness.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sherm could have taken the high road but is anyone surprised he decided not to? I can kind of empathize for him in a way. He’s playing for one, if not the worst team in the league on a modest contract. Meanwhile his former team is about to make the playoffs led by their star QB who is ascending towards greatness that Sherman absolutely hates.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Sherman has been extremely immature with quite a few people outside of football(and his own team). Its not because he is trying to gain some advantage on the field. Its because he is an immature person who has an elevated view of himself and cannot stand NOT being the center of all praise.
This is not calculated behavior, it is who he is and how he has always acted.

Edit: also his tantrums on the sideline were a result of his immaturity not some super secret stealth mode playing with peoples head. It is who he is.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Understood Sherman's MO early on and yeah, it's generally fun when he's on your team. I could even handle him being on another team and being the same. But where he screwed up was in the torching he did to the team/players/coaches while a teammate. And I'm tired of hearing about how it was a raw deal he got after his injury.

He essentially salted the earth and then couldn't understand why they didn't want him back. His being right was more important than making the team better. While the reality of an aging star coming off an injury would affect the business side, the Hawks have shown themselves more willing to work with players they really like and view as positive influences on the team.

Tired of the victimhood from Sherman. For all of his intellect and drive, he can't acknowledge his failings. His recent comments throwing shade are just the most recent examples. He just can't give a compliment that runs contrary to his previous positions, even if true.

aawolf

Reaction score
This isn't surprising that Sherman is bitter. Shouldn't he be? Didn't we cut him while he was injured after four straight pro-bowls and 105 consecutive starts before his injury, and while he was due to make $11 million this year? Also, remember that before his achilles injury, he was out there playing hurt for us at a high level.

I get why Schnider did it, and with the way Sherman seems to be playing this year, it was the right move from a business standpoint, but the Seahawks threw good will out the window when they cut him.

Also, while Sherman was here, he talked crap about the opposition every week before the games and now its not really any different. At least he didn't call Russell "trash" or anything.

If I were at the game, I'd cheer for him. I'm curious as to how the 12's react to him.

lobohawk

Reaction score
aawolf":34x7ulbk said:
This isn't surprising that Sherman is bitter. Shouldn't he be? Didn't we cut him while he was injured after four straight pro-bowls and 105 consecutive starts before his injury, and while he was due to make $11 million this year? Also, remember that before his achilles injury, he was out there playing hurt for us at a high level.

I get why Schnider did it, and with the way Sherman seems to be playing this year, it was the right move from a business standpoint, but the Seahawks threw good will out the window when they cut him.

Also, while Sherman was here, he talked crap about the opposition every week before the games and now its not really any different. At least he didn't call Russell "trash" or anything.

If I were at the game, I'd cheer for him. I'm curious as to how the 12's react to him.

"At least he didn't call Russell "trash" or anything. "
All indications are he did and more importantly while he was a teammate, so it's not like he should get credit for not being childish now.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":24b9syq8 said:
Sherman doing what Sherman does. Tryin' to get into peoples heads. He wrote the book on it! I won't boo him Sunday, but I won't applaud him either.

This is the exact approach that will get under his skin. Rendered irrelevant. The one thing he doesn’t want to be.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
What Doug Baldwin said is more critical of the Seahawks -- and was much more direct about it -- than what Richard Sherman said.

Just saying.

As for what Sherman said, there's not really any bulletin board material in there.

What's happening is that in these types of game week media cross-over calls people just BS and repeat Hallmark card phrases about their opponents.

Sherman, on the other hand, didn't do that, and honestly answered the questions that were posed to him.

It only stands out because he was honest rather than repeating bumper sticker slogans, which is what everyone else does.

If you're surprised that Richard Sherman honestly answered the questions that were posed to him, I have trouble believing that you have any familiarity with Richard Sherman.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Childish crap is what it is. It's amazing how many people stick up for this guy still. He's not above criticism, and he certainly has NO problem criticizing everyone else. This guy acts like a spoiled 5 year old who thinks he's better and smarter than everyone, while Russ and Pete have nothing but good things to say about Sherm.

Sherm always seems to be having a problem with Russ? Why? Can't stand someone else getting attention? Sherm talking about 5 picks, well, 3 of those were thru the hands of Kearse. And the Hawks WON that game because Russ flat out refused to give up and took the team to another Super Bowl.
But yeah, let's bash the guy, your old coach, your front office etc. :roll:

Loved him when he was here, and I'll celebrate him after he retires. But the way he has acted the last couple seasons and up to now is really pretty sad.

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":1ohd1rro said:
It blows my mind how any Seahawks fan is defending Sherman right now lmao. That was as disrespectful of an interview as you can’t get. How many interviews has Sherm gave to an opposing team like that in the past few years? You think he said Jamesis was a pick machine last week?

You’re just being incredibly dense if you don’t see the full resentment he has towards the Seahawks organization and especially Russell Wilson in that interview. The dumb response gets brought up all the time “well I’m not friends with everyone I work with.” Stop comparing your job to that of an NFL football player and an NFL locker room. Russell wasn’t some third string offensive tackle. He was the star QB and team captain of the team. Richard was the star CB, and pseudo captain of the LOB. Certainly a healthy locker room these two players would have and should have had a great relationship with each other. If you ever played football, the starting QB is the ambassador of the team and is friends with at least every starter on the team.

If you look at past interviews with Sherm, he never really has given much credit to Russell. Just take the shoot out with Houston last year. Sherm was glowing with compliments towards Watson, like he just watched the birth of the Michael Jordan of football. Didn’t say a word about his QB, who outplayed Watson that game. Other Seahwks players, including defensive players, complimented their QB. I found that really odd then, and really it makes a lot of sense now.

Richard Sherman despises and is incredibly envious of Russell Wilson. You’re naive if you see otherwise. Really there’s no reason to test Sherman this week because the rest of SFs secondary is beyond awful. However, I’m really really hoping Russell begs Shotty to let him go after his ass.

Great post and I 100% agree. The signs of spite and resentment toward Wilson has been on display ever since the pick in SB49. Every time I've pointed out some of these issues, someone runs to Sherms rescue to cry BS. Now they get to see the undeniable truth. Just don't expect them all to admit it here, won't happen.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sherman does NOT talk about opponents every week. This is not ALWAYS his MO

I am really flabbergasted by the spin and the “butt hurt” comments in here. As if people are overreacting to a player purposely being an asshole to the fan base and team that supported him. And being an asshole to Russ who’s always positive towards him. Good grief, hard to have proper acknowledgment of an issue on here

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2o0zm7bf said:
Childish crap is what it is. It's amazing how many people stick up for this guy still. He's not above criticism, and he certainly has NO problem criticizing everyone else. This guy acts like a spoiled 5 year old who thinks he's better and smarter than everyone, while Russ and Pete have nothing but good things to say about Sherm.

Sherm always seems to be having a problem with Russ? Why? Can't stand someone else getting attention? Sherm talking about 5 picks, well, 3 of those were thru the hands of Kearse. And the Hawks WON that game because Russ flat out refused to give up and took the team to another Super Bowl.
But yeah, let's bash the guy, your old coach, your front office etc. :roll:

Loved him when he was here, and I'll celebrate him after he retires. But the way he has acted the last couple seasons and up to now is really pretty sad.

Resentment for the Pick in SB49. That play ruined Sherman for good. "It destroyed our dynasty" which is life threatening to an attention whore. It's the root of his Bevell and sideline blowups about passing on the 1. It's the root of wanting to call out Wilson in team meetings and locker room divide. It's the reason Sherman was released, not the injury. He created an unworkable situation and Wilson won. Now Sherman is boiling over about it.

Latest posts