So what do we do at RB?

Rob12

Reaction score
Thomas Rawls:

Looked really good today. Coming off of two major injuries. I don't think PC is ready to give him 20 carries yet (as evidenced by our back up QB coming in at RB). I am very cautiously optimistic about Rawls, but being at the game today I couldn't help holding my breath when he got the ball.

C.J. Prosise:

Awesome back, but seriously injured. Might not make it back this season. If he does, it'll be playoff time.

Troymaine Pope:

Unproven, and seriously hurt with a high ankle sprain. That's a terrible injury for a RB to have. Probably out a while (likely three weeks at a minimum).

Alex Collins:

Hasn't looked good at all in very limited action. Inactive today.

Man, that's a rough looking position group. Rawls and Collins are the only backs on our roster currently that will be active next week. I'd guess Zac Brooks gets a call? I can't imagine there is much out there in the way of running backs sitting on their couches waiting for a call. But the Seahawks have to do something.

I have to admit that I'm concerned. Our running game looked so good today, too.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kind of a tough situation injury wise for sure.

Obviously you can't look backwards, but it would be nice if C-Mike or Spiller hadn't been scooped up. Maybe trade a conditional pick to Detroit for Forsett or NYJ for Spiller - neither of whom have gotten a carry with their new teams.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Who's that back we drafted and cut.. 7th round I think

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
kobebryant":2cqxd3k7 said:
Kind of a tough situation injury wise for sure.

Obviously you can't look backwards, but it would be nice if C-Mike or Spiller hadn't been scooped up. Maybe trade a conditional pick to Detroit for Forsett or NYJ for Spiller - neither of whom have gotten a carry with their new teams.

Trade deadline is long past. FA signings only to fill the gaps.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2ahdnhud said:

Zac Brooks. I'd almost guarantee he gets a call in the morning if he hasn't already.

I'm just guessing here, but I think Pope goes to IR and Prosise's roster spot is held, leaving one spot to fill. I bet that will be Brooks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rob12":2ah8p8vu said:
Bobblehead":2ah8p8vu said:

Zac Brooks. I'd almost guarantee he gets a call in the morning if he hasn't already.

I'm just guessing here, but I think Pope goes to IR and Prosise's roster spot is held, leaving one spot to fill. I bet that will be Brooks.
I bet you are right Rob.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Rawls looked like he did last year. That sequence with Boykin at RB was very odd. I would have thought they would just hand the ball to Tukaufu over risking your QB.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
They still have George Farmer stashed on the practice squad. I liked that Cameron Marshall kid who they had on their practice squad a few months back.

ACFan

Reaction score
It's time to work a few plays into the scheme that suit Alex Collins and then give him a few series in relief of Rawls.

They have previously released Pope, CJ Spiller and CMike all while keeping Collins. That has to mean they feel he has more upside than those three, yet they give practically anyone on the roster carries before they give them to Collins, very strange.

Maybe now is the time to see if he's been worth hanging on to. I say free Alex Collins from the sideline and put him on the field.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have a feeling they take someone from another practice squat and not Zack Brooks but its just a hunch. I would like to see Collins get multiple carries in a row to see if he can get in a groove. Hopefully a big lead against Tampa will let them see what they have in him.

sutz

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":2z2miolx said:
Bigpumpkin":2z2miolx said:
Re: Running game. Wasn't today our best running game this year?

81 of those yards were from Prosise.
...and 72 of t hose were on one play. ;)

Some interesting decisions to be made.

DurtyHawk

Reaction score
Probably out of the question but what about.....Ray Rice?

I'm guessing he would sign for cheap and have heard hes in good shape and just waiting for a call.

Tical21

Reaction score
Ray Rice was done way before the punch.

I'm betting we see some type of 3rd down back. Could be Brooks. Farmer might be able to do that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rob12":1h6nflpx said:
Bobblehead":1h6nflpx said:

I wouldn't bet money on it. It's going to depend on how bad Prosise's shoulder injury is. We have 6 weeks left in the season, which is plenty of time for Pope to get back, but Prosise could be out for longer. Pete typically is optimistic about injuries, and for him to come out and say it's serious right away isn't a good thing.

I would bet you're right about Brooks if he's not on a roster somewhere. Other than that, we're going to need to sprinkle in a short passing game when possible, and Collins needs to step up. Needing rookie development is one thing, but when the team needs you and you don't step up, well the FO remembers that and next year is going to be a banner year for high end RB talent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Gotta bring in somebody, have no choice.............went from 4 deep to Collins being your #2 RB with Rawls only being back one week?

No bueno.

Latest posts