So what do we do at RB?

ACFan

Reaction score
vin.couve12":22tqzuon said:
theincrediblesok":22tqzuon said:
I say we give Collins a good shot, he need the reps anyways. We need to get him to pound the opposing defense and soften them up for Rawls, by the 4th Quarter we should be able to run it more easily.
Collins just really lacks quickness. If he really is leaner then he should be stronger too. You know, just....whatever at this point. I hope he turns out to be an asset.

Collins has appeared to have good quickness and burst, or better said, good quickness and burst with the size/power he has. what he's lacked is top end speed (4.5 40 at best)

Seeing him at his best many times, I always felt he had the quickness/power combo to be successful in the NFL, still feel that way. He's the most powerful back on the team, he's not going to look the quickest as well.

Largent80":22tqzuon said:
“Alex has really done some marvelous stuff since we were in camp,” Carroll said. “He restructured his body a little bit, he’s gotten in a different level of conditioning that we’ve seen him change, lost some weight, trimmed down, practices with great intensity every day, so he’s at his best, he’s ready to go, he’s really healthy and ready for the challenge.

“I really feel comfortable with him fitting into the offense. He can do all our stuff, he can play third down, first down, short yardage. You saw him run down by the goal line well earlier in the year, so he’ll just figure in.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/210597/wi ... pth-chart/

hallelujah !!

crosfam

Reaction score
Call up Farmer, and dress both Collins and Farmer to back up Rawls - and take care not to overwork Rawls in the next few games. He was more explosive last week in the passing attack, not sure if that means running Collins more. Maybe Kearse can be an emergency RB, maybe Luke Willson. NO need to go to the scrap heap. Maybe Brooks to the practice squad if they still like him. We will need to replace Farmer.

We need to see what Collins can do - and now is the time. I also liked Farmer in the preseason. A real multidisciplinary football player, just not sure if RB is the right position. Maybe he can be a good 3rd down type of back.

edogg23

Reaction score
Probably call up Farmer and try and put the ball in Russell's hands more to throw. He showed against the Eagles that he can take over the game now with his mobility back and not take too many hits.

SeaChat

Reaction score
CJ might not take as long as initially thought. New sports medicine tactics and severity of injury will dictate that call. Same true with Pope, high ankle sprain used to mean automatic 6 week rehab, now with a new platelet rich plasma injection treatment, its said that they can cut that recovery time nearly in half.

We have a heathy Rawls, and we can and will bring Collins back up active, giving us a decent running unit. If one of them goes out injured before CJ or Pope can get back, we are going to be in some deep doodoo. Having kept Christin would have solved nothing, Collins is a talent in the works and will get better if he can stay healthy. Christin has done his best and is spent. Its time for him to retire, I don't see him making anymore miracle comebacks anywhere else again.

I have been saying it all season, whoever is in charge of the conditioning of our players, needs to rethink their progrm. When you see players getting injured and going out of the game with the kind of injuries we are seeing this year, its because our players are not in the kind of condition they need to be, to compete at this level and absorb the sort of abuse that this sport exacts on them in the course of of a season.

Largent80

Reaction score
pacific101":53kmqozt said:
I have been saying it all season, whoever is in charge of the conditioning of our players, needs to rethink their progrm. When you see players getting injured and going out of the game with the kind of injuries we are seeing this year, its because our players are not in the kind of condition they need to be, to compete at this level and absorb the sort of abuse that this sport exacts on them in the course of of a season.

Ummmm, Rawls had a cracked bone in his leg and Prosise broke his scapula. Suh stepped on RW's ankle, and a 9er bent RW's knee outward. ALL of these injuries could not be prevented by a strength and conditioning coach.

Even hamstrings and high ankle sprains. They are products of the game. Injuries are way up, league wide this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pacific101":3sfsd5vs said:

Actually what Pete and his coaches do for training and conditioning is being copied all over the league.

If you want to blame someone, blame the NFLPA and Goodell. For the almighty mission to make football as safe as possible they've cut way back on OTA contact, training, etc. It's why we keep getting in trouble seemingly every off season for too much contact during OTA's. Pete's ALWAYS pushing the envelope on that one.

This has resulted in players not being in "football shape" for the regular season. Thus the recent rash of injuries with every team over the past 4-5 years or so. It's terrible everywhere, not just here.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ACFan":2v6w91h1 said:
vin.couve12":2v6w91h1 said:
theincrediblesok":2v6w91h1 said:
I say we give Collins a good shot, he need the reps anyways. We need to get him to pound the opposing defense and soften them up for Rawls, by the 4th Quarter we should be able to run it more easily.
Collins just really lacks quickness. If he really is leaner then he should be stronger too. You know, just....whatever at this point. I hope he turns out to be an asset.

Collins has appeared to have good quickness and burst, or better said, good quickness and burst with the size/power he has. what he's lacked is top end speed (4.5 40 at best)

Seeing him at his best many times, I always felt he had the quickness/power combo to be successful in the NFL, still feel that way. He's the most powerful back on the team, he's not going to look the quickest as well.

A bowling ball RB like Collins often doesn't do well in the NFL, and especially not in a scheme that requires some lateral shiftiness.

It's not like we have any choice but to try out Collins - everyone else is injured and Rawls isn't built to carry a game. But I'm not holding my breath for anything amazing, Pete Carroll's typical rosiness and up-talking aside.