So what do we do at RB?

zchurch74

Reaction score
I am worried about Rawls. I don't think he has the body for the NFL. He is going to be the RB that is constantly hurt or banged up. You can say, its the style of running he does but you have to be smart about it. I have a sick feeling Rawls wont make it thru the season either.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
xgeoff":1hkk3am6 said:
How about Chris Polk? I thought he looked good last year for the Texans but he appears to be a free agent. He's a former Husky, might be cool to bring him in and see how he does. If Sankey weren't on the Chiefs roster I'd say the same thing about him.

Wouldn't be overly upset about Polk, but Sankey is a total bum

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Karlos Williams is on the Steelers PS and is only one year removed from an impressive rookie season in Buffalo. Attitude/work ethic concerns.

Ronnie Hillman played OK for Minnesota and was released by them.

Not opposed to Chris Polk if he's in shape.

There's really not much out there.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Karlos Williams is an ex Bill..Big like the Beast..I'd sure like to have him ..We can deal with the attitude.ML came here with the same rep

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sounds like Collins has really trimmed down and lost some weight according to Pete today. They might also bring Farmer up, but they still aren't sure.

Rat

Reaction score
What happened to Bryce Brown? I don't remember him being signed by another team.

I probably won't get much agreement on this, but I would like to at least kick the tires on Trent Richardson. Jonas Gray and Joique Bell are around too, I think.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
guessing this might be the year we draft a rb in the first rd. if rawls is hurt yet ahain the writing is on the wall for him... think even priest holmes stayed healthy longer than rawls.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would think they just give Collins the work and see what he can do. Pretty hard to judge without seeing some body of work.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm all in on Collins. Let's see what he can do.

Karlos Williams is intriguing. Have no idea where his head is at though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I say we give Collins a good shot, he need the reps anyways. We need to get him to pound the opposing defense and soften them up for Rawls, by the 4th Quarter we should be able to run it more easily.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Cyrus12":d7hea3jj said:
guessing this might be the year we draft a rb in the first rd. if rawls is hurt yet ahain the writing is on the wall for him... think even priest holmes stayed healthy longer than rawls.
Fournette would be gone even with a down year with injuries and coming out early, which in playing RB...might be a good idea. I haven't really looked too much beyond that for seniors and what not.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":289qzftm said:
I say we give Collins a good shot, he need the reps anyways. We need to get him to pound the opposing defense and soften them up for Rawls, by the 4th Quarter we should be able to run it more easily.
Right now we have 2 RBs on the roster that can be active on gameday and both run 4.6 40s. Collins just really lacks quickness. If he really is leaner then he should be stronger too. You know, just....whatever at this point. I hope he turns out to be an asset. Rawls needs all the help he can get.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Did Pete say what the heck that was on the last drive with Boykin in? Not on a regular basis but are we going to see him in at RB next week for a couple of plays?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2e2lxbi8 said:
Did Pete say what the heck that was on the last drive with Boykin in? Not on a regular basis but are we going to see him in at RB next week for a couple of plays?

He mentioned it, said that they were worried about our rb depth and put in as a precaution against any injury that Rawls may get.

Didn't make sense since, he basically replaced Rawls with our only backup QB

DJrmb

Reaction score
McGruff":1kfsahta said:
Tanner McEvoy, please.

McAvoy injured his toe, sounded like turf toe possibly. He may be unavailable a couple weeks.

Largent80

Reaction score
“Alex has really done some marvelous stuff since we were in camp,” Carroll said. “He restructured his body a little bit, he’s gotten in a different level of conditioning that we’ve seen him change, lost some weight, trimmed down, practices with great intensity every day, so he’s at his best, he’s ready to go, he’s really healthy and ready for the challenge.

“I really feel comfortable with him fitting into the offense. He can do all our stuff, he can play third down, first down, short yardage. You saw him run down by the goal line well earlier in the year, so he’ll just figure in.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/210597/wi ... pth-chart/

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Bobblehead":25vn11tu said:
HawkRiderFan":25vn11tu said:

He mentioned it, said that they were worried about our rb depth and put in as a precaution against any injury that Rawls may get.

Didn't make sense since, he basically replaced Rawls with our only backup QB
What makes our QBs so much tougher than our RB group?