Steve Smith?

jblaze

Reaction score
checkdanews":2cdvqtj1 said:
I think he would be amazing for this team! Specially when it comes to being a mentor to our young WR's, (ADB, and Kearse especially)
Plus I am sure he could even help teach Russel a few things.

Smith is the last guy you want mentoring your young players. Did you see how he "mentored" Newton last year? Wasn't pretty.

jblaze

Reaction score
This just in. Looks like we're showing some interest in Smith.

Retweeted by Bob Condotta
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm 46s

Teams reaching out on WR Steve Smith: Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, Redskins, Seahawks. Smith expected to talk to Ravens' Gary Kubiak tonight.

davidonmi

Reaction score
he'll be a raven. I just feel he'll be redundant on this offense

drdiags

Reaction score
I don't see him making it out of Ravens camp, but it depends on what his market is vs what he thinks it should be. If the Ravens didn't want to pay Boldin $6M last season, will they want to pay Smith that much or more this year?

$4-5M/yr is what I would want to pay, but with the increased cap maybe the market gives him $6-$6.5M?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Yuck, no way would I want Steve Smith on this team. Maybe ten years ago, but not now. Dude is a hot headed ego maniac who is past his prime and has become a negative factor on that Panthers team. I can't stand watching Steve Smith play and I would cringe if we signed him.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Forgot to add, Steve Smith is the asshole who has gotten into two fights with teammates and this last season tried picking a fight with a rookie. Dude has no class.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
checkdanews":1jhimj17 said:
Plus I am sure he could even help teach Russel a few things.
Like what?, rant? throw a shit fit?, punch one of the other players for not doing what he thinks needs doing?
He's a CLASSLESS ass#ole, and about as anti-Russell in character as there is in the League.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hope he tries punching Sherm, like he did Lucas. I have a feeling Sherms would be like Johnny Bones Jones in a fight, just to long of arms for him to get close.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
laughing my butt off at all you Timmie Ruskell juniors who don't want Smith because of whatever off the field. Almost none of you listed anything between the lines.

Marshawn Lynch has had plenty of off the field crap. He balls between the lines. So does Smith. Good enough for me.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smith has been one of my favorites to watch for years. Dudes a feisty little bugger. If he's still got it (which I think he does especially to get back at Panthers) bring him here for the cheap. As far as him and Sherman goes, I think Sherm earned his respect with not backing down the first game. They showed each other a lot of respect the second time around

Scottemojo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3cogkyod said:
Smith has been one of my favorites to watch for years. Dudes a feisty little bugger. If he's still got it (which I think he does especially to get back at Panthers) bring him here for the cheap. As far as him and Sherman goes, I think Sherm earned his respect with not backing down the first game. They showed each other a lot of respect the second time around
Troof.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'll never forget the first time Sherman played against Smith and Smith got so pissed he just hauled off, ignoring his route, charging straight at Sherman and tackling him. You could tell he was mad as hell. Loved it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1lc50szd said:

Not wanting smith has nothing to do with anything but the fact he'll be 90 next year. The guy has played since Troy Aikman was still in the NFL.

kearly

Reaction score
Smith might be old, but if you like Doug Baldwin and you wouldn't having another on the cheap, Smith is your guy.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CPHawk":39oc2fys said:
-The Glove-":39oc2fys said:

Not wanting smith has nothing to do with anything but the fact he'll be 90 next year. The guy has played since Troy Aikman was still in the NFL.
but if he can still play...what's his age matter? If they bring him in and he isn't good enough they'll just let him go ala Winfield

googoodan

Reaction score
jblaze":1hduewh5 said:
I love the way he plays but he is a big distraction and a me first player. He's high maintenance and a diva, something we do not need or allow in our locker room.

Also hard to know how much he has left, he's getting pretty old and speed is the first thing to go. He has a lot of miles on those tires.

Not sure how good of a blocker he is either, can't be great at that size.

I'll pass. He'll likely ask for 6-7m apy.
I disagree with almost everything here, but I am biased. Smith has been begging for a smaller role in the offense for years. He told Williams and Stewart (in their heyday) that he will happily play second fiddle and ride their coat tails.

He is a showboat, but he is far from a "me first" player. And blocking? Look at other Panthers WR highlights... you'll see Smith take out entire secondaries. Brandon LaFell doesn't ow several of the longest TD receptions in team history because of his speed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1njqj3kx said:
laughing my butt off at all you Timmie Ruskell juniors who don't want Smith because of whatever off the field. Almost none of you listed anything between the lines.
:13:

Latest posts