That offensive line

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":g5u8ngx2 said:
I also saw some replays where Lockette or Moore were open

For the record, Lockette hasn't been with this team for quite a few years now. :2thumbs:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3scbsrag said:
SeaWolv":3scbsrag said:
I also saw some replays where Lockette or Moore were open

For the record, Lockette hasn't been with this team for quite a few years now. :2thumbs:

Oops, my bad on the extra "e".

olyfan63

Reaction score
Russell has often called Tyler Lockett "No E" in the past. Not sure if he's still kept that habit with Lockette gone for a few years now.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2g079it1 said:
bigskydoc":2g079it1 said:
This was a huge improvement over last year, and even from the beginning of the year. This line is making steady progress, and it was their best game to date.

Well I went to look for time to throw stats and found some. They would seem to support your opinion that the line is vastly improved (exponential) over my opinion that it's improved (incremental).

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

According to this RW has a very high time to throw (TT) stat (3 sec), second only to Deshaun Watson (3.03 sec). I would love to see a TT stat for last nights game.

It seemed that on some of the replays from last night it showed receivers open. I wish we could get game coverage that shows both the pocket and the receivers downfield simultaneously.

Clearly the TT stat is translating to production, with 29 TD passes on the season, only Luck (34 TD's @ 2.63 sec) and Mahomes (43 TD's @ 2.9 sec) have more with less TT.

So what does this say about RW if anything?
Sometimes he’s gun shy because he’s had to run for his life the last few years. His eyes drop. He’s getting better as he has additional games with a decent line. It will take a little more time to more or less totally break the habit.

He also has to move around at times to find open lanes. This is true for all QBs, but guys like Russ and Brees have to do so a bit more due to their height.

No QB will spot every open guy. Sometimes they are just looking the other direction from the person who pops open.