The Hawks are back in the playoffs!!

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
With Jimmy G out for the year, the 49ers are playing with their 3rd string QB. It is not inconceivable that the Seahawks catch them.

This. The 49ers lost another QB and the rest of the division is faltering.

If not now, When? This team isn't going to get a better opportunity to make a run in the NFC than right now.

rjdriver

Reaction score
With our remaining schedule, I wouldn’t get too excited. We have a rough road to get to the playoffs.

Just a reality check.
No easy games in this league for sure, but I think optimism and excitement or warranted.

Lets see:

12/11- Carolina. 4-8. 0-5 on the road this year. Long road trip. QB play questions.
12/15- SF. 8-4, 3-3 on the road. 3rd string QB questions. Epic 9er D, Hopefully KW3 is healthy.
12/24- KC. 9-3, 5-1 at home. Magic 8 ball says "I highly doubt it".
1/01- NYJ, 7-5, 4-2 on the road. X-County road trip, solid D, still QB issues
Week 18- LAR. 3-9, 1-4 on the road.
Injury ridden at some core spots and we just beat them in their house.

I see us going 3-2 in the final 5 but who knows. If one of the three wins is against the Niners, then I really like our chances to slip in.

keasley45

Reaction score
It really sucks that we dropped the Tampa and Raiders games...

Both winnable. Both given away. With W's there, we'd need to likely only go 1-4 the rest of the way to get in.

Our chances hinge on Walker being able to play out. Although I think Geno can keep us in most any game, it would be a tall order to do much the rest of the way without a respectable running game.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I think 10-7 is a reasonable expectation which should be enough for the play-offs and possibly the division, but I can't see us making a run for the NFC, if we get a wild card spot I expect us to lose at the Vikes / 49ers (if the 49ers win the division Mr Irrelevent is playing pretty well). If we win the NFCW we might get thuogh to the divisional round but can't see us getting further unless the D suddenly improves significantly.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Before the season, a Rams road win would have been a borderline surprise. Sometimes you win games you don't think you will before the season, sometimes you crap the bed. Unfortunately, they crapped it in back to back weeks vs. TB and LV. Though, it's looking like the Raiders are a lot better than their record.

Oh well, in the mix. One week at a time. Get to 8-5 after Sunday and I think they make the playoffs. Just my opinion.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I've just been looking at one game at a time. I did think if it were a loss yesterday the playoffs were done. Not sure whats going to happen but its been a fun watch this year. Many had this team 4 wins or under. Will need Walker to get healthy fast imo to keep it going. As for the def especially the d line ???????..

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
I am not sure why people are saying "playoffs are out if we lost yesterday"

They could still lose to the Chiefs and have a 10-7 record.

At this point I see it as win 3 out of 5 and they make the playoffs. Honestly thats perfect, a play room but also proving they deserve to be there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because it's an opinion. If they were at 6-6, after losing 3 STRAIGHT GAMES to sub .500 teams? Nope. It was a big win, regardless how much the Rams were struggling.

Now, they can go 3-2 and still be sitting at 10-7. It was pivotal. They still have the Chiefs and the Niners, VERY tough games.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Because it's an opinion. If they were at 6-6, after losing 3 STRAIGHT GAMES to sub .500 teams? Nope. It was a big win, regardless how much the Rams were struggling.

Now, they can go 3-2 and still be sitting at 10-7. It was pivotal. They still have the Chiefs and the Niners, VERY tough games.
The game yesterday against the Rams was STILL very tough.

And these aren’t the same Super Bowl Champ Rams. Actually, well below the championship caliber Rams team, without a QB and without a defensive HOF’er, and still Seattle struggles to get the victory.

I see every game Seattle plays is a tough game. Anyone thought the Raiders would be though? Seattle got waxed on the ground by the Raiders.

All games moving forward will be tough and yeah, even, the Panthers game will be tough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
35-3, or win by 4, still a win. And I'm not surprised the game was close at all.
And people seem to be forgetting they play the Jets. The same Jets who were one yard away from beating the Vikings on the road. They are no pushover.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I am not sure why people are saying "playoffs are out if we lost yesterday"

They could still lose to the Chiefs and have a 10-7 record.

At this point I see it as win 3 out of 5 and they make the playoffs. Honestly thats perfect, a play room but also proving they deserve to be there.

IDK, maybe because the road would have been waaaaaaaay tougher not to mention that losing yesterday would not have instilled me with confidence that they could go 4-1 the rest of the way.

They play the Jets & Chiefs & SF you know. Hardly pushovers.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
IDK, maybe because the road would have been waaaaaaaay tougher not to mention that losing yesterday would not have instilled me with confidence that they could go 4-1 the rest of the way.

They play the Jets & Chiefs & SF you know. Hardly pushovers.
Yeah, it would SUCK to miss the playoffs by 1 game.