The Hawks are back in the playoffs!!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Beat the Panthers at home? Yes.
Stop the 9ers run game, and win in a close game? Iffy, but possible.
Win in a shootout against KC? Unlikely.
Beat the Jets at home in the final game of Geno's redemption tour? Yes.
Beat the Rams at home? Likely.

Rainger

Reaction score

Thought #12

The NFC West is now a 2-team race.

Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks officially eliminated the Rams from repeating as the division winner since they’re now 5 games behind the 49ers and SF holds the tiebreaker(s).

Technically, the Cardinals are still mathematically alive but at 4-8 they would have to win out while the 49ers (8-4) lose out and the Seahawks (7-5) go no better than 1-4 over the last 5 games (since Seattle swept the season series).

Seattle’s remaining schedule (vs. CAR, vs. SF, @ KC, vs. NYJ, vs. FTR) is tougher than Santa Clara’s (vs. TB, @ SEA, vs. WA, @ LV, vs. AZ) but there is a clear path to the division title:

Step 1: Beat Carolina on Sunday.

Step 2: Win the rematch with the Niners 4 days later.

Step 3: Match the Niners over the last 3 weeks of the season and see if the tiebreakers fall in our favor.

The tiebreakers for division titles are: (1) head-to-head, (2) win percentage in division games, (3) win percentage in common games, (4) win percentage within the conference, (5) strength of victory, (6) strength of schedule, (7) best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed, (8) coin toss.

I’m not going to dig into all of the tiebreaker scenarios with 5 games to go, but in the extremely unlikely event that the NFC West title comes down to the 8th tiebreaker, Seattle has the advantage because Geno Smith is the KING of coin tosses.

Pete Carroll on @GenoSmith3's coin toss skills:

"He's all time - they were chanting his name when he was walking out there. 'Geno! Geno!'

It was awesome."

He says Geno has a killer look too. #Seahawks
— Jessamyn McIntyre (@JessamynMcIntyr) November 12, 2019

Go Hawks!

uncle fester

Reaction score
If this team makes the playoffs after trading their star QB, Pete deserves Coach of the Year and John GM of the Year. Unbelievable that, twelve games in, we’re even discussing playoffs :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Perfect world: Make the playoffs AND get Denver's top 5 pick. Yes please.
I have zero problems admitting I was wrong about Pete needing to move on, and have several times. This might be the best coaching job he has ever done, seriously.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They had Bwags...and we squeaked it out. Let that sink in.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Are the Niners going to drop one or two with the QB situation or can they win out with defense? They still have the best defense and an excellent running game, if cmc can stay healthy.

That's the first factor for Seattle, aside from having to beat the 9ers ourselves. And then to really have much chance in the playoffs probably can only drop one, probably would be @ KC..

One issue I see if things continue is that to get out of the NFC might very well require winter trips to Minnesota and/or to Philadelphia, that would only be doable for us I believe if the D is fixed and if we get Penny and Walker back, or one of them starts going off again.

Latest posts