The REAL 'elephant in the room' (NFC West)

Fade

Reaction score
It's all fun and games until Kyle gets his QB hurt.

Kyle has gotten every one of his starting QBs hurt every year with the 49ers.

Last year they burned through all of their QBs including Purdy.

It's not an "if," but a "when."

He's also over using CMC. Kyle never learns.

keasley45

Reaction score
It's all fun and games until Kyle gets his QB hurt.

Kyle has gotten every one of his starting QBs hurt every year with the 49ers.

Last year they burned through all of their QBs including Purdy.

It's not an "if," but a "when."

He's also over using CMC. Kyle never learns.

How is Kyle responsible for that?

Boohman14

Reaction score
Purdy is the Real Deal. The 49er offense is patient and methodical. Debo, McCaffery and Kittle are threats to score anytime they have the ball. They just need a patient QB to find them. Purdy isn't prone to mistakes and knows when to bail out of a play and not take a loss, unlike Jimmy Glass. Purdy isn't top 5 but he will be in the near future.

chrispy

Reaction score
Purdy is better than Brady. ...and he could win the Republican nomination if he wanted to. ...and upstage Ron Jeremy if he wanted a side hustle. ...and Elon asks him advice on how to run Twitter.

Personally, I'm going to wait til he plays a season to be too worried.

themunn

Reaction score
The problem with "Oh it's just the talent around him" argument is, not just why can't other guys do what he does. It's also that all this success is going to hone his skills to the point he can do the same or similar without as much help.

It's like Daniel Jones, or even maybe Fields. So much about developing QB talent is about giving the guy the play time and the chance. It can be hendled right or wrong, but it's hard to argue that the 49ers are doing anything but good for Purdy and his game.

I think the board as a whole is underestimating the guy big time, and there will be tears later over it.

He's probably better than this board thinks, but he is also elevated by being on the 49ers - even Jimmy G looked like a franchise QB playing there, and after McCaffrey signed he only got better - in the (admittedly small sample size) 5 games he played after CMC signed he had 70% completion percentage, threw for 250 YPG, 9 TDs, 1 INT and a qb rating of 110. Even over the full season he had 103 QB rating, so still benefited from being in a great team. 3 games at the Raiders and he looks awful.

Of course, none of that matters - the team is good, the QB isn't hampering them, and they have a great D. What more can a team ask for really?

Weadoption

Reaction score
Purdy is the REAL DEAL. It's premature, though, to say he's the "Next Brady". He's a great fit in the 49ers scheme and with their playmakers and talent, and makes the most of it. He almost had a career-ending injury last year, so let's see him make it through at least a couple healthy postseasons before anointing him with any GOAT comparisons.

Also recall that Brady's early years stats were achieved under less pass-friendly NFL rules, with fewer protections for QBs.
couldn’t have said it better.
Comparing anyone to Brady is insane.
If Purdy wins the next two Super Bowls back to back, comparing him to Brady would then slightly rise to the level of ridiculously premature and borderline insane.
that’s where Brady is at.
As for the kid, certainly a lot to like, but man even as a Niner fan i’m still in a bit of pumps the brakes mode here. I think his weakness is definitely the long throws, he tends to overthrow and you can see that his arm/delivery looks a bit taxed on those.
He has also been the beneficiary of a ridiculous amount of close call almost picks and “trust the receiver” throws that are not going to just keep going his way. And yes, all qbs benefit from close calls, but in Purdys short sample size of games, literally ALL of those have so far gone his way. That dosent keep happening for anyone.
If it keeps happening then he is probably an AI google football robot and isn’t human.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Circling back to the OP's beginning point, maybe it's not a matter of waiting for Purdy to disappear. Maybe it's a matter of waiting for the rest of the 49'ers to disappear. They are getting older, greedier, and this still is a salary cap league.

Screenshot 2023 10 04 083829
Seahawk's ranked 25th on this list.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The problem with "Oh it's just the talent around him" argument is, not just why can't other guys do what he does. It's also that all this success is going to hone his skills to the point he can do the same or similar without as much help.

It's like Daniel Jones, or even maybe Fields. So much about developing QB talent is about giving the guy the play time and the chance. It can be hendled right or wrong, but it's hard to argue that the 49ers are doing anything but good for Purdy and his game.

I think the board as a whole is underestimating the guy big time, and there will be tears later over it.
I hope you're wrong.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I'm really, really curious to see what happens with the whiners and cowboys this week. I think it'll answer a lot of questions about both teams. The only team to have kept the whiners with Purdy under 20 points - last year's cowboys.

Did we WIN the game and bounce the CRYBoys? It seems they were out of the playoffs after and overrated Dak who almost never wins in the playoffs. Brock was a ROOKIE BTW last year.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
But he only played part of last season and 4 games of this season then Philadelphia broke him off in the playoffs.

But yes I agree he's a good player , but I'm thinking with the others on here that he is very lucky to be on the miners.
What if he were a NY football Giant?

He's UNDEFEATED in 2 seasons regular season and playoffs. The only game he ever lost was where he tore his elbow completely through against the Eagles. It's unbelievable really. In games where he didn't tear his elbow.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Purdy is the Real Deal. The 49er offense is patient and methodical. Debo, McCaffery and Kittle are threats to score anytime they have the ball. They just need a patient QB to find them. Purdy isn't prone to mistakes and knows when to bail out of a play and not take a loss, unlike Jimmy Glass. Purdy isn't top 5 but he will be in the near future.

Yes I agree he can be a top 5 QB. He's playing like that this year. It's way less boneheaded mistakes compared to Jimmy G. He is more mobile, fast and can buy time to throw. He's more instinctive and reads the field better too. Just a great decision maker with accuracy.

Torc

Reaction score
Did we WIN the game and bounce the CRYBoys? It seems they were out of the playoffs after and overrated Dak who almost never wins in the playoffs. Brock was a ROOKIE BTW last year.

Take a compliment. sheesh.

Yes, the result of a game was a Whiners win. The Whiners defense held the overrated Dak Prescott led cowboys offense to an even lower score.

The Purdy-led Whiners tend to score over 30 - only twice where Purdy finished the game have they scored less. Once was against the Seahawks (in the regular season) and once against the Cowboys, who held them to 19 points.

Can you see why I'm interested to see how the very good Cowboys defense handles the whiner offence on Sunday?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Circling back to the OP's beginning point, maybe it's not a matter of waiting for Purdy to disappear. Maybe it's a matter of waiting for the rest of the 49'ers to disappear. They are getting older, greedier, and this still is a salary cap league.

View attachment 61009
Seahawk's ranked 25th on this list.
But we're young

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Take a compliment. sheesh.

Yes, the result of a game was a Whiners win. The Whiners defense held the overrated Dak Prescott led cowboys offense to an even lower score.

The Purdy-led Whiners tend to score over 30 - only twice where Purdy finished the game have they scored less. Once was against the Seahawks (in the regular season) and once against the Cowboys, who held them to 19 points.

Can you see why I'm interested to see how the very good Cowboys defense handles the whiner offence on Sunday?
It's hard to take you seriously with the persistent use of 'whiner'; it reduces your credibility as an unbiased observer.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was Mr. Irrelevant, you don't go from last pick to Starter easily, the 49ers really didn't believe in him either with that pick, more a camp arm for Practice squad. That is close to where Brady was picked, Patriots had a pretty good team also when he was playing his first season after Bledsoe went down.

Wilson had his legs and the LOB, and Lynch, would he have been successful somewhere else?

Montana could be lumped into that same conversation. It's the fit a lot of the time and what compliments you. Bradshaw would have never survived on a team that needed a technician QB that was also a game manager. Yet he won Super bowls and is in the HOF.

Torc

Reaction score
It's hard to take you seriously with the persistent use of 'whiner'; it reduces your credibility as an unbiased observer.
I'm not making any claim whatsoever that I'm unbiased. I'm a Seahawks fan, posting on a Seahawks forum, about the upcoming game of a division rival.

I'm OOZING bias. I would expect, as the fan of a rival team posting on a Seahawks board, you are also highly biased. I wouldn't be surprised if you call my team the Seachickens, Seahags or something worse if you post on the most popular boards for your team. If you don't, you're unusual.

SanDiego49er is referring to the Dallas team as the CRYboys. Should I also take them less seriously?

morgulon1

Reaction score
It's as bad as Seahags, Seacocks, Hee-hawks, and the ever popular Sea chickens. I couldn't imagine going to 49erwebzone and commenting on what they call the Seattle Seahawks. I know you guys and what you think about Seattle.

Not implying that you say that if course. You are on Seahawks.net by the way.
Purdy looks like the man for the job , barring injury he's going to get his shot to take the whiners all the way. Peace homie

🤣