Tiresome Negativity

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Barthawk":2shpptba said:
WilsonMVP":2shpptba said:
chet380":2shpptba said:
While conceding that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, is it not possible to let up on the relentless torrent of criticism and look to some positive elements and to keep in mind that it is the pre-season and mistakes are going to happen -- the FO, coaching staff and the nucleus of the present team has taken us to the past two Super Bowls -- no other NFL team can claim that.

What possible positive can there be when it comes to the offense...Lynch looked ok, but was only in 1 series...Graham has had his moments. Overall our offense has looked like one of the worst in the entire league so far. There is cause for concern

Because preseason production is an indicator of regular season proficiency? The most important aspect of the preseason is not what they look like w/o game planning, but finishing w/o injuries.

I would take four losses/mediocrity if it meant no one got hurt.

I agree with some of what Barthawk says. I still think the offensive line is working on figuring out itself. The rest of the offense is getting route trees perfected. Defense is on point, even with the backups or fillins.

HH....possible, Doubtful, but Possible.

Rocket

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":34nqgxv6 said:
Question:

Who here has entertained the notion of smoke and mirrors?

I ask, because I'm of the mind that PC is a brilliant mind and protecting looks and shielding potential tendencies are what is now required to protect a competitive advantage.
Yep... Thru each set of downs for the first team offense.

Rocket

Reaction score
seahawks187":3q37k5h3 said:
If RW struggles in the regular season, we know why. Spending too much time with Ciara.. Thoughts ?
That too was smoke and mirrors, right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chet380":14z9cyl5 said:
While conceding that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, is it not possible to let up on the relentless torrent of criticism and look to some positive elements and to keep in mind that it is the pre-season and mistakes are going to happen -- the FO, coaching staff and the nucleus of the present team has taken us to the past two Super Bowls -- no other NFL team can claim that.

Welcome to .Net...........let me show you around.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawks187":1v2irea3 said:
If RW struggles in the regular season, we know why. Spending too much time with Ciara.. Thoughts ?

Wilson being off target could be not spending enough time, he can't hit the Mark right now, being able to hit that would help his aim :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":1x3olt94 said:
Our D really needed Earl tonight but did ok without him. Glad KJ and Gilliam weren't seriously hurt.

SOB. Same old Bevell.

That last WR spot will be interesting for a short while but it's not important because he'll be cut when PRich comes back.

Russ will kick it up a notch and likely will get a lot of rushing yards early but with Beast Mode playing he might not have to run as much as it feels like he will.

A lot of safeties are going to get cut in about a week. Start with Murphy. The dude can't tackle and can't play free.

CMike looks a lot better than last year.

This has been a long off season. Can't wait until Sept 13.

The practice squad is going to be made of mostly DBs and OLs. Hope Archer gets resigned.

When Earl returns this defense is going to be fun to watch. Kind of fun to watch even without him.

I like what Kris Richard is doing with the D.

"This talk of rack grows tiresome"

Yeah, I was expecting some ingenious play-calls by Bevell, I'm getting tired of this "imitation vanilla" in pre-season games. LOLOL

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
When we win one all the negative people will pretend they were never negative. Over my short time here I have seen a guy quit on the Hawks then show up with a hawk tattoo, Wilson haters miraculously vanish, Pete should be fired group out in full force only to disappear the next. I could keep going but the forum gets cleared so you can't really look back and see what people actually have said. I think it promotes that type of behavior.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Let's Cheerleadersmiley

Be
cheerleader.gif

POSITIVE 1zm2grm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A

Anonymous

hawknation2015":2br9mrn8 said:
Complaining about the complaining is doubly tiresome with even less thought involved.

Exactly.

My phrase for that goes something like, "Can we stop talking about the talk, and just talk?"

I think being a Seahawks fan is a quasi investment, in a number of ways. You invest your valuable time doing the research and buying the tickets and swag (and contributing to your favorite website... ;-) ), and when things don't go as you anticipated, you feel as though the stock might lose you money.

Can't cash out and stick the money in your mattress though.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HoustonHawk82":6fd9ls4m said:
Question:

Who here has entertained the notion of smoke and mirrors?

I ask, because I'm of the mind that PC is a brilliant mind and protecting looks and shielding potential tendencies are what is now required to protect a competitive advantage.

I believe in the thought that highly-skilled and trained athletes just don't suddenly forget how to pass, run, or catch in a few months time. Rather, I think it is much more likely that the players we saw go to two consecutive SBs are being coached, and are good enough to, sandbag in front of our very eyes.

Count me among those who thinks that there is an extreme amount of craftiness going on, as it is the only explanation that fits when trying to wrap one's mind around the perceived ineptitude.

I've thought that quite a bit myself this preseason. Way too vanilla to show anything at all. A total of three plays with our actual starting personnel on the field together. Weird playcalling that is head-scratching, even for Bevell. They may not be intentionally sandbagging games, but it definitely looks like they're stacking the deck against their own players just to see how they respond. It wouldn't shock me one bit to see a completely different team come the start of the regular season.

seahawks187":6fd9ls4m said:

If anything, it'd be because he is not spending enough time with her, if ya know what I mean.

253hawk

Reaction score
I remember a ton of negativity and constant whining week-in and week-out all of last season, guess it was just luck that we made it back to the SB.

R-E-L-A-X

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3ux0jp4g said:
Based on our Pre-season performance so far.....we're going to have a tough time in St. Louis.

Agreed. We're going to have a tough time in St. Louis because St. Louis always plays us tough, especially there, because St. Louis has some really, really good players, especially on D, especially that D-Line. We were always going to have a tough time in St. Louis even if we won all our preseason games 50-0.

iigakusei":3ux0jp4g said:
I am predicting a 5-3 Win in St.Louis. Bring it on!

OMG, then you're predicting a high-scoring affair??!! I was just hoping not to lose 3-2. They had Greg Zeurlein, Mr. 60+, at last check.

OkieHawk":3ux0jp4g said:
...we have yet to show our full potential during a preseason under PC, and that is mainly due to using vanilla play calling.

NewJerseyHawk":3ux0jp4g said:
...Seattle essentially played 3 playoff teams in the preseason...
Borrowing NJHawk's point from another thread... Denver, KC, SD... three playoff-caliber rosters last year. We've had 3 close games, all decided by 2 points or less. It just FELT like we got smeared in all 3, including the win.

Now that we're in our 5th or so season of Pete Carroll, the pattern of vanilla preseason schemes, and emphasis on evaluating personnel over game planning, is becoming quite predictable. This pre-season, the defense is looking excellent, the return game with Tyler Lockett looks downright scary, and they are working on figuring out who their guys will be on the O-Line. Thus, the offense has sucked in preseason, and will continue to suck until the O-Line choices are made and the chosen group gels a little. We knew about the O-Line chaos heading into the preseason, so, coupled with vanilla play calling, and lots of snaps for the 3rd string QB, all this should really be no surprise.

The Rams game should be very interesting. Hope Cable can work O-Line miracles between now and then.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
hawknation2015":979nxqur said:
Complaining about the complaining is doubly tiresome with even less thought involved.

I'm now complaining about the complaining about complaining. :D

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Seafan":2n5pgy1q said:
Russ needs to step it up and he will. We've over come an indecisive, short QB and bad OC for two seasons and we'll do it again.

Wha....? Surely you mean "in spite of all of the ignorance and myth about height being the sole indicator of a QB's succes" we have Russel Wilson, the antithesis of indecision leading the team with his hyper brilliant, almost psychic ability to read a play as it unfolds, always making awesome, creative decisions in speed of light time, and he'll do it again.

How's that for tiresome positivity!

zhawk

Reaction score
I'm glad we have professional coaches and not fan coaches. :les:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sure, we'll just pass out sunshine and puppies no matter what we see on the field.

Then again, that's called hiding your head in the sand.

I'm not overly negative, I just don't like what I saw at SD. That said, we didn't have Thomas or Chancellor. Chancellor will help with all the middle stuff, if he comes back.

Even with the way we looked so far, I'd still say we win 10 games. That's down from my off season, post draft prediction of 12.