Tiresome Negativity

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Getting overly worked up about pre-season w/a vanilla defense, a bunch of guys not even playing etc? Nah
Plenty of work to do, but until I see the "struggles" in the regular season, not gonna' worry about it. Still the best team in football.

Team Patera

Reaction score
chet380":3phjg08x said:
Bigpumpkin":3phjg08x said:
Based on our Pre-season performance so far.....we're going to have a tough time in St. Louis.
No argument with that -- but our D (w/o Kam unfortunately) appears to possibly be better than last year and we have yet to see our full offensive package with the ML/JG combo yet.
You think so? I didn't think our D looked that good.

45Hawker

Reaction score
The way our offensive line has played really has me excited about their potential for improvement. The strategy of converting defenders and late-round picks into NFL-caliber starting O-linemen is genius - as opponents won't be able to scout their tendencies, and it provides depth on both sides of the ball. I think Tom Cable was a thespian at one point, and it's been pure enjoyment to watch his group sell the "we're-not-that-good-look" right now. Tom, you beautiful beautiful s.o.b!! Robert Quinn will fall for this, and then, BAM!!! - he gets a stern look from Okung. The other thing I like about this line?: Sweezy - possibly the most handsome man on the team. He's taken "blue-steel" to a whole new level.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":7jzvlx7l said:
QUILCENE":7jzvlx7l said:
This teams offense looks very mediocre at best- Sorry the truth offends some.

The offensive line is terrible- we already know that- and they are going to have to address this very quickly, or face a mediocre season.

Telling it like it is.

The offensive line has been terrible for years now.

How is this any different?

I am hopeful that Wilson will get his accuracy back in a hurry, but he has been off for a while now.
This -The second part..The OLine has been bad for years and all better get used to it.The qb takes a big chunk of the cap.People who have been screaming pay pay pay.You can't have it both ways.Negativity?None here ,I dunno why there should be besides @Kam.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
ivotuk":1x7wshbo said:
To quote investment commercials, "Past performance does not guarantee future success"
:13:
I am positive about aspects of the team, and as most fanatics it is not uncommon to focus on one extreme or the other. I actually appreciate criticism, and some may view that as negativity. Criticism also helps me see things maybe I missed, or concur my thoughts. So most of what I read is criticism. Negativity is different for me. Now if I read hawks suck or will lose because they suck than :177692:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
ivotuk":1h86t1kz said:
To quote investment commercials, "Past performance does not guarantee future success"
Unless you cheat...

Cartire

Reaction score
253hawk":s9xwy04t said:
I remember a ton of negativity and constant whining week-in and week-out all of last season, guess it was just luck that we made it back to the SB.

R-E-L-A-X

A lot of truth to this.

The complaints and negativity through the first 10 weeks was tiresome. And yet, this team that sucked so hard, made it back to the SB.

mrt144

Reaction score
I feel like the people who feel like we're teetering on the edge of collapse are only satisfied if victory is so complete and decimating that it didn't even seem like a challenge. They hate adversity, they don't appreciate the journey, they want a superbowl and it doesn't matter how we get there. I don't get it.

2012 was great
2013 was the best
2014 was the most exciting playoff football i've been privy of having a dog in the fight to watch

Some people refuse to be happy that we finally won a SB and have at least few more good to great years ahead of us.

Inferiority Complex writ large.