Trade Sherman?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Thanks, Seymour; I watched the interview and read the FG article and did a little more Googling. It seems like Cable's the second-largest issue with the team, perhaps...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Threads like these are why .NET is hard to come to after a loss.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at our team like a relationship, at first you are excited and want to be in each others company all the time, you may move in together and play house and all is good, life is good, your sharing things and enjoying everything, one day you or she says something or does something that upsets the situation, you work past it and things are good but now you have a battle scar, time passes and now your not having sex all the time, not having those conversations, both are doing other things now as well, you have a comfort zone and things are taken for granted more. Then you get to the routine aspect, things get boring or stale, one of you starts coming home later, your not talking, the other thinks something is amiss but there is no proof but you have that feeling. Then come the I'll be home late, I have a meeting and a get together from work I need to go to. One of you that does this comes home and is happy and good, you ask wheat they did and things get cold and the don't you trust me conversation starts, it goes down hill from there, all the while that person is seeing someone on the side.

What I am getting to is just because you can't pinpoint an exact situation you can tell something isn't right, the feeling, what you see, how the team acts, the energy levels the interactions. It's all a bit different or off from past years. We are heading in the wrong direction right now, age, the money, winning it once, veteran roster versus a young roster, add them all up maybe. It's what we do to correct it now that it's here that will be interesting to watch and maybe painful, like a divorce or a separation. :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seymour":3iftnh21 said:
Here is another interview that Cable stated that he personally went and worked Ifedi out himself prior to the draft. You really need to listen to this. He also stated he see's him as a "premier tackle in this league". :roll: :roll:

Also take note: Cable-- "this is a really good line class overall"

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/04/28/2016-nfl-draft-day-1-tom-cable-interview

And yet with all the issues at both tackle positions, Ifedi is still playing RG. More evidence that Cable has no clue how to build a decent OL. Too bad that PC/JS are showing blind faith in him. Since he's got here, OL has been the weakest unit on the team. That still hasn't changed. The Pats don't have a very good OL but somehow they still keep winning. They won when Brady was out too earlier this season. That's good coaching and putting your players where they can be most successful.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1uoptt4j said:
Assuming Sherman was traded, what compensation would Seahawks fans be satisfied with? Would, say, a trade to the Jags for their 1st and 4th plus Jalen Ramsey be enough? I think i'd be on board with that but not a lot less, and getting that much would be tough. And my willingness to do it would assume that the FO felt Sherman was becoming a negative influence and that it would free up enough cap room to get a good o-lineman and possibly d-lineman in as well.
Trading your best defensive player would be downright stupid and moronic.
It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Richard Sherman isn't one this team's many problems.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Hawkspur":15pnhkeb said:
Assuming Sherman was traded, what compensation would Seahawks fans be satisfied with? Would, say, a trade to the Jags for their 1st and 4th plus Jalen Ramsey be enough? I think i'd be on board with that but not a lot less, and getting that much would be tough. And my willingness to do it would assume that the FO felt Sherman was becoming a negative influence and that it would free up enough cap room to get a good o-lineman and possibly d-lineman in as well.
The thread was started with the premise that the Hawks needed rebuilding (Ol particularly) and perhaps a different Def plan of attack (#31 getting older, #29 talking retirement, #25 seemingly dissatisfied) together with taking advantage of Sherman's very high present value. As well his $$$ contract would be off our books.

Hawkspur's hypothetical trade is probably what a trade might fetch (except they would never give up Ramsey) -- I would want a 1-10 Rd 1 pick, a 4th Rd pick and a serviceable lineman. At 1-10, an elite RB, OL or CB.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chet380":1dc4o8es said:
Hawkspur":1dc4o8es said:
The thread was started with the premise that the Hawks needed rebuilding (Ol particularly) and perhaps a different Def plan of attack (#31 getting older, #29 talking retirement, #25 seemingly dissatisfied) together with taking advantage of Sherman's very high present value. As well his $$$ contract would be off our books.

Hawkspur's hypothetical trade is probably what a trade might fetch (except they would never give up Ramsey) -- I would want a 1-10 Rd 1 pick, a 4th Rd pick and a serviceable lineman. At 1-10, an elite RB, OL or CB.

With this premise, why don't we trade Russell Wilson away and really rebuild the right way? I mean, think about it: we could get huge draft capitol by trading him now!

London12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1hbqm5an said:
Threads like these are why .NET is hard to come to after a loss.
I've never seen anywhere go so insane. Lunatics.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1oibs5s4 said:
Hawkspur":1oibs5s4 said:

I absolutely agree. That's why I said that it would only be an option if the FO thought he WAS becoming one of the team's problems due to attitude. There has been little to indicate that that would happen but if we get rolled by Green Bay in the wild card rounds, for example, then who knows. He hasn't seemed happy this season. I'D be shocked if it happened though. You'd need a mega haul to make it worthwhile even if that were the case, IMO.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
What I am getting to is just because you can't pinpoint an exact situation you can tell something isn't right, the feeling, what you see, how the team acts, the energy levels the interactions. It's all a bit different or off from past years. We are heading in the wrong direction right now, age, the money, winning it once, veteran roster versus a young roster, add them all up maybe. It's what we do to correct it now that it's here that will be interesting to watch and maybe painful, like a divorce or a separation. :)

BINGO.

Team ain't right. Right enough to win just enough, but not right enough to win it all...

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jtgzbzo said:
Hawkspur":1jtgzbzo said:

Maybe he's not directly one of the problems on the team, but his salary could be considered one when no money is left for other positions like oline.
Here is just on example. How would you feel if for instance you could have A) Sherman only (a top 3 DB) or B. A top 10 DB say #7 or 8 overall AND a middle of the pack, solid O guard for the exact same cost.
Given that scenario I'd take B personally, and that scenario and many others is more than possible to make happen dollars wise.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe they overvalued cb position over d-line(add a monster dt to this line) the same way Ruskell overvalued Alexander over keeping an all pro OL intact. Maybe the great depth on the DL in 2013 is really what made the cover3 scheme work so well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks would not trade Sherman, and the compensation discussed above is Madden like, and fanciful.

Frankly any trade involving Sherm would hurt the team more than any compensation would replace.

I'd trade the whole OLine, except Britt, for a bag of Cheetos.

cymatica

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3smxolwa said:
The Hawks would not trade Sherman, and the compensation discussed above is Madden like, and fanciful.

Frankly any trade involving Sherm would hurt the team more than any compensation would replace.

I'd trade the whole OLine, except Britt, for a bag of Cheetos.

Or how about Tom Cable for the Cheetos, then use the tasty snacks as a bargaining chip for a new o-line coach.

I wonder if Cable is a good playcaller though

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":gh047ezt said:
Sports Hernia":gh047ezt said:
Hawkspur":gh047ezt said:

Maybe he's not directly one of the problems on the team, but his salary could be considered one when no money is left for other positions like oline.
Here is just on example. How would you feel if for instance you could have A) Sherman only (a top 3 DB) or B. A top 10 DB say #7 or 8 overall AND a middle of the pack, solid O guard for the exact same cost.
Given that scenario I'd take B personally, and that scenario and many others is more than possible to make happen dollars wise.
No offense but this isn't fantasy football or Madden. Blockbuster trades rarely workout in the NFL. .....and most draft picks are more miss than hit. That's why it's essential to draft well year after year, because the players out of the draft are cheap to pay vs all pro vets.

Hawks are 31 million under the cap for 2017, *allas is 10 million OVER the cap for 2017 according to overthecap.com. I think the NFL swill raise the cap more than expected to keep Jerruh's kids relevant for next year at least.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sports Hernia":9v6ppwtn said:
Seymour":9v6ppwtn said:
Sports Hernia":9v6ppwtn said:
Hawkspur":9v6ppwtn said:

No offense but this isn't fantasy football or Madden. Blockbuster trades rarely workout in the NFL. .....and most draft picks are more miss than hit. That's why it's essential to draft well year after year, because the players out of the draft are cheap to pay vs all pro vets.

Hawks are 31 million under the cap for 2017, *allas is 10 million OVER the cap for 2017 according to overthecap.com. I think the NFL swill raise the cap more than expected to keep Jerruh's kids relevant for next year at least.

Well, that should do nicely in making sure we can keep Sherman and all the other high-paid defensive guys while spending enough on offensive line to get it in great shape again.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Before you criticize Sherm he was the fist person to console Hauschka after he missed the PAT

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1xnojp6o said:
TexasHawk95":1xnojp6o said:
Trrrroy":1xnojp6o said:
Holy crap. They score 31 and Bevell is still the problem? My god.

And no to the original question.
Yes, Bevell is a problem. Look at the fact that we had NEGATIVE 4 yards in the middle of the second quarter. Look at the fact that the game plan didn't involve utilizing Graham until we needed a miracle comeback.

If you have a weapon like Graham and don't include his skills in your game plan, you should not be calling the plays for an NFL team.

Did you actually watch the OL today?

What should Bevell do? Call a play that involves the OL to not be on the field just so they can't mess anything up?

The OL was so much better last year ? Statistically speaking, in pass pro they were still worse.

Yet we managed to go to a quicker passing game and manufactured a run game with it. Ostensibly because Graham was out and wasn't sucking up targets.

So now Graham is back, so we can't replicate what we did the last half of last year. Well, except that he isn't getting targetted all that much, so it's not like he's going full Harvin on us and demanding tons of targets and messing up the offense by us forcing him the ball.

So looking at last year's OL, and this year's OL, what's the excuse ? last year we were better on the edges, this year we're better in the interior. Interior pressure is harder for a QB to avoid, while edge pressure isn't all that horrible for a moble QB especially.

You're smart English, honestly, what is it ?

cover-2

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3n93nkow said:
Seymour":3n93nkow said:
Sports Hernia":3n93nkow said:
Hawkspur":3n93nkow said:

Yes, trading elite players doesn't happen very often, but it does still happen.