Washington vs. Auburn

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I can see I am really going to hate this OC all year long.

Not a fan.

Jimmy Lake on the other hand, is looking great. Considering the fact he is being asked to win this game singlehandedly.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Auburn is tremendously undisciplined.

One of our best plays is to wait for Auburn to make a dumb penalty.

I still am floored that they are running a cornerback with 1 hand out there and we are not taking advantage of it.

As the announcer even pointed out, their corners are in run support often - they don't respect Browning at all.

He needs to make them pay. Throw the ball, quit running up the middle against a defense packed this close to the line. And for God's sake quit running at Brown.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1036016166173663232[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Thegroz/status/1036016323774443520[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yards gained don't matter.

You are judged by points you score and points you give up.

We aren't scoring points so the offense isn't doing anything.

When we started tossing the ball up with abandon at end of the half, we marched down the field because their corners are their weakness.

Defense is doing their job.

Si was right. This is like watching those Seahawk games last year. Not sure how I feel about that.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/napoleonkaufman/status/1036017557575102464[/tweet]

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Browning speared in the head with no call. Going to have to score a TD to win this one.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Damn, I love that guy.

#8 was one of my favorite Huskies of all time.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hate this OC.

Running the football?

On 2nd and long?

In a must have drive?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
We got browninged right there he caved in an embarrassing fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafan

Reaction score
The wr dropped the ball he should never have been in that situation

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, those runs gave us no chance. Though that pass to the WR was too high.

Literally leaving the game in the hands of a below average QB with 3rd and long is the fault of the OC. He converted one running but I wouldn't bet on those.

The best players on Auburn were the DL and LBs, so running up the middle on them was dumb. Maybe to set them up later but you were literally on the last drive. Just stupid.

It would be amazing to see this defense with these WRs and RBs, and this OL - paired with an above average QB like the Huskies used to churn out regularly. But this QB paired with this OC looks worrying.

I get he is putting a new system in and there is a learning curve but he is already showing predilections that makes me concerned. I understand that he felt putting the ball in the hands of his great RB was all he could do, since pinning the game on Browning to win it for you seems somewhat ridiculous. But their corners were giving up plays all night, and even Browning can complete a freaking pass for 7 yds. Giving Browning 1 chance to make a great pass was the problem, he needs 3.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m going to be real glad when the Browning era is OVER!
He chokes in big games. I have no faith in him against good-great teams.
Too many boneheaded plays. He is a senior yet is still making freshman-like mistakes.

He won’t be playing on Sundays next year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1bga2zf6 said:
To be fair, those runs gave us no chance. Though that pass to the WR was too high.

Literally leaving the game in the hands of a below average QB with 3rd and long is the fault of the OC. He converted one running but I wouldn't bet on those.

The best players on Auburn were the DL and LBs, so running up the middle on them was dumb. Maybe to set them up later but you were literally on the last drive. Just stupid.

It would be amazing to see this defense with these WRs and RBs, and this OL - paired with an above average QB like the Huskies used to churn out regularly. But this QB paired with this OC looks worrying.

I get he is putting a new system in and there is a learning curve but he is already showing predilections that makes me concerned. I understand that he felt putting the ball in the hands of his great RB was all he could do, since pinning the game on Browning to win it for you seems somewhat ridiculous. But their corners were giving up plays all night, and even Browning can complete a freaking pass for 7 yds. Giving Browning 1 chance to make a great pass was the problem, he needs 3.
Very Bevellesque play calling outside of that one TD drive.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There are plenty of QBs that won't be playing on Sundays but are fantastic college QBs.

Browning is not one of those. He did what he could but he isn't good enough. His OC made it worse for him though.

That said, I want him to complete the season injury free. Then I am throwing a "Browning Is Finally Gone!" party. He might have filled the holes for a year that we needed him, but getting stuck with him for 4 years on teams that were loaded with NFL talent is a high price to pay. We left a lot of wins on the table.

Will be glad to see him succeed in the next phase of his life. By all accounts, he is a fantastic and giving person. A good guy. Just kind of a below average QB at a time we needed a very good one.

Let's hope the OC's decisions today were an outlier though, and not an indicator.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":if90oyb9 said:
I can see I am really going to hate this OC all year long.

Not a fan.

Jimmy Lake on the other hand, is looking great. Considering the fact he is being asked to win this game singlehandedly.

Uhhh, He is not doing it alone. Pete Kiatowski or whatever his name is, is still there. They’re co-Defensive coordinators. What pissed me off the most on defense was the lack of adjustments. UW played the “let’s no get beat by playing the top” all freaking game. It was annoying to watch. We made a freaking bum QB look like Aaron freaking Rodgers.

With that said...Jake Browning is still trash. Remember when some analysts had him as the top quarterback in their mock drafts a few years ago??? I never once believed that pile of poo poo. Yeah I get that UW called some dumb ass plays down the stretch but Jake Browning is still a scrub QB.

Oh and I’m tired of Peterson recruiting philosophy and his obsession with OKGs...We need some goons if we want to compete with the SEC. Ben BurKirven or whatever his name is wouldn’t even make the roster for any of these SEC teams. He’s trash and idgaf if he’s an OKG. He’s not good plain and simple and he shouldn’t be starting for any elite D-1 school. Peterson has to understand this isn’t the WAC or Mountain West anymore where he can get away with recruiting choir boys. He needs to bring in some rough riders like Stephen A. Smith would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafan

Reaction score
Im not that disappointed in his performance. He had almost 300 yards.

There is a lot of blame to go around that first 3 quarters. Nobody was ready to play, the D looked lost the first qtr, a horrible screen by a WR cost points, lousy kick, lousy play call with Browning on an option, lousy no call on the spearing, OL was overmatched at times. But to go on the road first game and play a top tier SEC team that close with a chance to win isnt anything to hang their head about.

I still think they can run the table and get another shot.