What Best Describes Your Mood?

What Best Describes Your Mood After This Loss?

• Meh. We looked great for most the game but let them back in at the end.

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • Pissed off! We should have closed the game out! Unbelievable!

Votes: 80 59.7%
  • Indifferent. A bizarre let down in the 4th but we'll get back on track next week against the Panthe

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • None of these, read my comments.

Votes: 20 14.9%

• Total voters

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawaiiD":gaaxl6il said:
I was pissed right after the game. But I loaded up the car and am driving to the beach to go surfing now. It's all behind me

Um, not fair

:D :D :D

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Quite frankly I've been laughing because I expected us to Bevell it somehow and we did. At this point I'm okay with going 2 and 14 if it means Bevell loses his job.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ludakrishna":gzci9zb5 said:
Quite frankly I've been laughing because I expected us to Bevell it somehow and we did. At this point I'm okay with going 2 and 14 if it means Bevell loses his job.
I hope it doesn't take that but it's past time Pete realizes the offensive formula has to be altered a bit and the easiest and most obvious thing to do to achieve that, is get a different OC.

9-7 and missing the playoffs hopefully should do the trick. Fact is this team is complacent and Wilson needs to stand up to Bevell.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Mick063":15odtn8c said:
Defense couldn't hold a double digit late lead in the Super bowl. Defense couldn't hold a double digit late lead against Cinc.

I am seeing a pattern here.

The reason behind this is very simple. Offense can't stay on the field so the defense is exhausted

Sign37now

Reaction score
iigakusei":3rp1yj6k said:
All three of our losses were on the road and we had a lead in the 4th Quarter in all of them.
Get into the bye at 3-3 and we will be fine.

Ummm.. 3+3=6. We play 8 games before our bye I believe. More likely 3-5 at the bye..

I'm in a state of disbelief. I'd almost rather just get our asses kicked and know all along we are going to lose than believe we have it won and have my heart ripped out.. Reminds me so much of SB49.. Time to elevate my blood alcohol content.

RussB

Reaction score
Really jsut dissapointed. outplayed them and had to just get a couple first downs to win. lost to a worse team by bad playcalling

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Very mixed. A win would have put us on track to make a great run but I honestly expected a loss and a big one at that. This wasn't a must win game. 2-3 sucks but we still have a chance to make the play offs.

kf3339

Reaction score
This team has no Killer Instinct at all. When you can't put away your opponent you give them hope to come back, which is what we did.

This is on Bevel and Wilson. PC must take a large amount of blame as well, since he refuses to see the issue with Bevel and has made Wilson too timid with his mistake free mantra that was rammed into his head.

Personally if I was Paul Allen this could very well be my last year with Carrol if he doesn't agree to make major offensive coach changes this off season.

Enough is enough.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. An offense that can run the ball consistently and get 1st downs. I think out defense is average but with an offense that could execute could be dominant again.

Let's go home and beat the panthers. Then we have two very winnable games against the 9ers and Cowboys. Go to the bye at 5-3. Then we'll see how things go from there. If we can't get things figured out from that point the outcome of the season doesn't look good.

But I still have faith in this team to be a good team this year. We have all the talent. Just need better coaching and execution. We also need marshawn back. To give us or identity back on offense.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Could have been worse....TD called back on a holding call and an INT by Earl in redzone.

Positives are Rawls and Rod Smith and the team went to Lockett on 3rd down in OT.

Schneider sees what we see.....teams game plan doesn't matter....throw at Tharold Simon in Carolina game as a nickel and throw at Simon in Super Bowl....change Simon to Cary Williams and you have a simplified gameplan for teams.

The season is a game of adjustments and Richard has to counter and figure out a way to help Williams and get a dose of whether Jeremy Lane or Marcus Burley can take over at the slot. I don't think Shead can outplay Cary Williams, but I sense the chemistry of the Legion of Boom would rally and pick up their play if Williams were replaced by a hungrier CB.

Remember we played Game 1 with Dion Bailey starting and playing major minutes. He has not been on the field since then and since released. We played 2.5 games without Marshawn Lynch and found 2 100 yards games in the last 3 from Rawls.

There are lots of positives but glaring negatives that take more points to overcome.

What would the Bears take for Alshon Jeffrey...cap hit under a million the rest of the year, a rental for 10+ games.....team isn't going to succeed without a legitimate WR to help Graham and Lockett.

One major concern is team isn't generating the pass rush in crunch time because the offense isn't helping them out with sustained drives. For a draft pick of Cassius Marsh and Frank Clark the last two years, we need them to step forward and help the rest of the front four.

The next step to truly becoming a great team isn't defined by home field advantage....it's defined by what the team is like in November and December and can this team win road playoff games. To truly be elite, that's the next step and the last 3 games are steps forward that we will learn from down the stretch at Minnesota, Baltimore and Arizona. I'm just not sure whether Dallas and San Francisco will be steps forward like last Thanksgiving night on the road or will we just squeak by.

Cincinnati has more offensive talent than anyone including New England....I'd give them credit and would rather play Pittsburgh, Denver and New England on the road today vs. Green Bay and Cincinnati. In time, Seattle has a few holes to fill....will Schneider get aggressive at the trading deadline.....teams falling out of contention need draft picks, we don't.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Exittium":26exmtsx said:
Pissed off and Nauseated we let a winnable game go poof in 15 mins

Absolutely.

Also part of being so friggin pissed also is how WELL we played the 1st quarter. I was in awe of our o line for the first time this season - I thought maybe...just maybe they got it figured out.

Guess not. :x

Hard for me to blame the defense - they shouldn't of had to be out on the field for so long. So friggin sick of the 3 & outs..

Seafan

Reaction score
White Devil":2yu11dgk said:
I'm upset that it could have been a great game to steal on the road.

The team started out very well, and I almost smiled.

The frustration comes from an inept offense that couldn't sustain anything in the 2nd half, which eventually led to the defense being spent. They shut down completely. I just don't get it.

Especially the twin split wides formation that leads to a handoff to Fred Jackson twice within a 3 minute timeframe. THAT's why I question the play calling of Bevell. It's uninspired at the worst times.

He choked.

Agreed the offense let the team down and this time it wasn't the OL. This is all on RW. If he wants to step up and blame Bevell or Pete let him. They don't have a sense of urgency for first downs. RW could have ran for several of them. With the defensive TD and the Rawls TD the defense was already on the field a long time. Without sustained drives late the D wore down. That's all on Russ but he can blame the play calling if he chooses. Perhaps they told him not to run.

Silentwander

Reaction score
Zombie feeling.

Michael Bennett. He need to calm down.

Cary Williams. Stop getting same penalties.

Kam. Oh Kam. Were you dreaming about second hold out that you messed up two TDs?

Wish Russ would surprise us by F Bevell and make his own play that give us another TD or fg @ 3down to win.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1158y33u said:
I'm somewhere in the "I didn't expect us to execute at a high enough level to win this game, and although we had a great chance to win, I'm not surprised by the final outcome."

Games are never won in any one quarter, they require 60 minutes of execution in order to win. The 'Hawks haven't done that yet on either side of the ball. We're a lucky call and a dismal Bears team away from being 0-5. And we're an OC and 60 minutes of football away from being 5-0. It's a fine line, and we aren't executing consistently enough to win the games we're losing, and barely beating the teams that allow us that margin of error in order to beat. Period.

Dissapointing, but if we need to take a half-season, or a whole season to develop back into a SB contender, I'm ok with that.

This sums up how I feel pretty well. I think we're on schedule for what to expect this season - a slowly improving offense which will help elevate our defense. I was actually encouraged that we played as well as we did. It sucks to lose, particularly after having a big 4th quarter lead, but it's a damn sight better than how I thought the game would go (blow out loss).

Sealake80

Reaction score
I'm happy to be alive. Excited about Seahawk football. I like this game.

mrt144

Reaction score
I was entertained.

I'm immune to emotions thanks to SB 49.

There's a lot of stuff to learn from these kinds of games and I feel like the lucky breaks that allowed us to win the previous two seasons blunted a full spectrum analysis of our shortcomings.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":nndojm9m said:
What would the Bears take for Alshon Jeffrey...cap hit under a million the rest of the year, a rental for 10+ games.....team isn't going to succeed without a legitimate WR to help Graham and Lockett.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. But think about it, even if we had Jerry Rice and Steve Largent in their prime, Bevell would still devise a plan to use them as a "decoy" to get the ball to Luke Willson and Jermaine Kearse's of the world. In his mind, who in their right minds would try to cover scrubs when you have all pros that can go up and catch everything.