What Best Describes Your Mood?

What Best Describes Your Mood After This Loss?

• Meh. We looked great for most the game but let them back in at the end.

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • Pissed off! We should have closed the game out! Unbelievable!

Votes: 80 59.7%
  • Indifferent. A bizarre let down in the 4th but we'll get back on track next week against the Panthe

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • None of these, read my comments.

Votes: 20 14.9%

• Total voters

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I don't really have words to describe how I feel. The only thing I can compare it to is exactly how ADB looked when they showed him sitting on the bench after the game ended. Crushed. :(

gulliver

Reaction score
I'm feeling sick. Also, some random thoughts:

*I don't think I've ever celebrated that much in a game only to ultimately lose (sacks, great pressure, Rawls run, a couple of deep balls from RW, etc.)

*I need to take a break. Aside from eating and drinking hard on Sundays, the losses are haunting me at night. A little too much coffee before bed had me up until 2 AM on a work night reliving the nightmarish 17-point blown lead.

*So far RW, and obviously an injured Marshawn, are not earning their big contracts.

*Kam's such a boss but Dalton worked him on one or both of those Eifert TDs.

*Where are the intermediate, chain-moving throws? Why is it either lateral passes or 50 yards bombs? God knows our opponents are killing us with 8 yard slants and TE passes but apparently that's not an option.

*How many more hits can Russell take before he takes the type of hit that turned RGIII into a shell of himself?

*Outside of this game, the poor run blocking is having a chain reaction. Defenses are able to defend a few options simultaneously rather than being forced to sell out to stop Marshawn etc. So again outside of this game, we're being forced to throw, which is not our bread and butter.

*I need a break.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
iigakusei":1fbwe1om said:
All three of our losses were on the road and we had a lead in the 4th Quarter in all of them.
Get into the bye at 3-3 and we will be fine.

Agree and disagree.

Yes we were 3-3 last year too but no one ever wants to point out how much help we got from the 9-1 Cardinals. Palmer got injured!! If that didn't happen, we would have been a wild card probably heading to GB. 12-4 would not have been good enough to win the division.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Few things:

Going into the season and looking at the schedule, I felt like we would start 0-2 most likely. We were competitive in those contests, with legit chances to win. In both cases held leads that defense couldn't hold.

I though we should be 2-2 after 4 games. Felt like we were in command in both until a fluke mistake allowed Detroit back in. Still closed the game out.

As the season unfolded, Cincy appeared to be a much tougher opponent than assumed in August. They have always been a talented team that drafts well and just seemed stymied by inconsistent QB play. That seems resolved at this early stage and they are playing like legit SB contenders. Again were in command of this game and defense let it slip away.

I have said since the beginning that I expected the OL to really struggle and was really looking for signs of improvement by the end of October to kind of place an expectation on us. And despite the record (which I kind of expected going into the season in August), I'm actually a bit more bullish on Seattle going forward.

I think the OL did flash real quality. Against a quality defensive front. Now let's see if we can sustain and continue an upward trend there. If so, I think it bodes well for the remaining season.

Going into the season, I felt like our biggest focus of need was to win third down. We didn't do that particularly well last year offensively. This year we're doing considerably worse. Third and medium (4-7 yards) is just killing us. We are well below the NFL average in this aspect. Right now we're not winning the money down.

The OL play took a big step forward this week. Earlier than I'd expected. This season is going to be won or lost in November and December when our division rival games start. I had hoped we wouldn't be in a big hole to start the final run, but the Cards aren't playing nice that way.

We're 2 games back of AZ. Catching them is not out of the question. But the Wild card race we're definitely right in the thick of it. Here are our competitors:

Carolina
Giants
Vikings
Rams
Cowboys
Bucs
Redskins
Eagles
Bears

There are some really bad teams in that list. And we play most of these head to head. We can't afford to go 2-4 to start the year. This week really is must win IMO. It does look like a 9-7 team will make the postseason. And of that list, I like our chances much better than the others. Especially if our OL begins to become a positive factor like it was yesterday.

Ultimately, we are just a couple plays away from being 4-1. If we won either the Rams game or the Cincy game, our outlook is entirely different. And we were in legitimate position to win every single game we've played. So I'd say any soured regard for our season is entirely result based. I don't think that is predictive going forward. The predictive indicators I am interested in currently are looking up as of yesterday.

The offense still has failed to reach 20 points in any game this year. We're 18th in scoring and we probably should be closer to 25th or worse. We have 4 TDs by return. No other team ranked 19th or worse has more than one. So removing all non offensives scores from the equation drops us to 28th in the league (behind Jacksonville and just ahead of the Bears). With 7 offensive TDs, we are tied for 32nd with Miami.

So while there seems to be some concern about the defense, the reality is we're right in the thick of the Wild card race, and with just a break or two in the hunt for the division lead and homefield advantage. Despite sporting one of the league's worst performing offenses. I think this offense needs to get whole in order to make the defensive strategy we have work. And I see signs that this could be happening.

So my mood is actually pretty good. It's going to be a tough fight. But this is a tough team that responds well in those situations. So I'm still very excited about the next 7 games. This is where we need to continue to improve and get whole for another late run.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I don't let football dictate my mood. A few years ago I was insufferable after a loss. When I realized that I was letting the outcome of a game affect the way I treated my kids, it put some things in perspective. So I haven't been "pissed" about a game since the Jim Mora era (is a year really an era?).

I was frustrated that we gave up a 17 point lead in 15 minutes, sure, but I choose to focus on the bigger picture.

1. Oline looked like it made good progress. Russ was able to get deep a few times and it made the offense look much improved.

2. Life after Marshawn is looking up. Rawls might not be the full package just yet but I think he can be the feature back of the future.

3. The places where we really lost the game are fixable and historically in the Pete Carroll era we've started a bit rocky and all of the teachable moments get cleaner as the season progresses.

4. Still a playoff team. We were 3-3 last year and ended up with the #1 seed. I'm not sure if we can do it three years in a row, but I am confident that this team will be playing playoff football at the right time.

5. Go Hawks.