What QB would you trade Wilson for at this point?

mrt144

Reaction score
dutchman063":3s51jbef said:
Rodgers.. His problem right now is his crappy coaches and team around him

So out of the pan and into the fire?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Staubach circa '75-'78

Actually Staubach today-he still lights it up in charity flag football and could give outstanding real estate advice also so that makes him a double threat.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I would still go with Luck.

They never got a running game or defense going for him at Indy. So I think if he played here he would be just as successful as Wilson.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Trade for a couple good olineman and a pick to be used on a young qb next year. But who would give anything for a qb with 22/yr salary and who has been fully exposed and not progressed since his rookie season?!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29jmm519 said:
- Rodgers
- Brady
- Luck
- Mariota (only because he's cheap and talented)
- Rivers
- Roethlisberger
- Carr (going to be in the conversation of best QB's in football in 4-5 years)

Disagree with you on Luck, Mariota and Rivers. We've already seen a lot of Luck to know exactly what he is. Mariota has looked average at best. Obviously it is too early to decide on him, but no way would I give up a guy who has taken his team to back to back superbowls for an unproven project like Mariota. Rivers has always been a loser.

No doubt I'd swap Wilson for Rodgers, Big Ben or Carr though. Carr is the best kept secret in the NFL. He is a blooming star and could be a top 5 QB in the near future.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":yrsqmzdj said:
Hasselbeck":yrsqmzdj said:
- Rodgers
- Brady
- Luck
- Mariota (only because he's cheap and talented)
- Rivers
- Roethlisberger
- Carr (going to be in the conversation of best QB's in football in 4-5 years)

Disagree with you on Luck, Mariota and Rivers. We've already seen a lot of Luck to know exactly what he is. Mariota has looked average at best. Obviously it is too early to decide on him, but no way would I give up a guy who has taken his team to back to back superbowls for an unproven project like Mariota. Rivers has always been a loser.

No doubt I'd swap Wilson for Rodgers, Big Ben or Carr though. Carr is the best kept secret in the NFL. He is a blooming star and could be a top 5 QB in the near future.

You don't think Rivers and Luck go to back to back Super Bowls if they took Russ' place on the last two teams?

Please. Luck nearly took his team there with a team not nearly as talented as Seattle's.

Either of those guys would have killed to have a defense like the 13/14 Hawks.

Tical21

Reaction score
The tough ones to decide about are the semi-young, tier 2 guys like Ryan, Dalton and Newton. What Cam is doing with pedestrian talent around him offensively is pretty cool. I don't know how their arcs project, but at this point Dalton is on a different level than Russ.

Romo and Rivers and Brees are too old.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I really thought they should have traded Russell before last years draft. One so we don't get the 20 million CAP hit and 2 we could have gotten the #1 overall and picked Mariotta, use him for 4 years, trade for the #1 and redo it.. Wash, Rinse, repeat.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Romo
Roethlisberger
Mariota
Carr
Newton
Rivers
Luck

I'm really glad no one here was clamoring for him to be traded for mariota before the season....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
None!

However I would like to see him get a new QB coach, a new OC, and an OLine that can pass protect to an average level.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2ufn8q7w said:
LOL no Qb would do better behind that o line except for tom brady.

This was a nice theory in September.

Its run its course now.

RussB

Reaction score
Hawkpower":r7u3ytk3 said:
2Cool4School":r7u3ytk3 said:

Its run its course now.

Name one QB that one do better than russell wilson behind that o line.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
2Cool4School":7vra6mcf said:
Hawkpower":7vra6mcf said:
2Cool4School":7vra6mcf said:

Its run its course now.

Why just one? Pretty much any name on the lists that have been compiled in this thread would do just fine.

Fans that have watched football for years understand that to help combat a poor line, you have to read coverage and throw with timing and anticipation. Those aren't Wilson's strengths, at least not yet.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":z1ny9ss7 said:
2Cool4School":z1ny9ss7 said:
Hawkpower":z1ny9ss7 said:
2Cool4School":z1ny9ss7 said:

Its run its course now.

Why just one? Pretty much any name on the lists that have been compiled in this thread would do just fine.

Fans that have watched football for years understand that to help combat a poor line, you have to read coverage and throw with timing and anticipation. Those aren't Wilson's strengths, at least not yet.

And when Wilson has been in the NFL for 8-15 years, you can then compare him to some of the QBs like Brady, etc. Otherwise it's an apple to oranges comparison. The QB position is most dependent on experience and yet people act like it doesn't matter.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":m46sv520 said:
dutchman063":m46sv520 said:
Rodgers.. His problem right now is his crappy coaches and team around him
His struggles are in large part due to a crappy o-line. Sound familiar?

It's par for the course to hold your QB to a higher standard than anyone else. Rodgers gets an alibi because of his experience and he plays for another team. RW doesn't because some fans simply can't handle the multivariable calculus that contributes to success.

Also, any admission that RW needs to step up and be borderline GOAT for the sake of the team right now belies the reality that the rest of our team on offense is pretty bad. He has to compensate THAT much right now? Wow, we screwed the pooch.