What QB would you trade Wilson for at this point?

firebee

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Wilson... Bevell on the other hand... I'd trade him for a six pack of beer... Hell... I'd trade him for a bottle of tap water.

Seymour

Reaction score
northseahawk":83dofvhr said:
Trade for a couple good olineman and a pick to be used on a young qb next year. But who would give anything for a qb with 22/yr salary and who has been fully exposed and not progressed since his rookie season?!

Wilson has not progressed since his rookie season??

I'm pretty frustrated with his reaction to the increase of pressure this year, but that is WAY over the top.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":32ux7ik4 said:
northseahawk":32ux7ik4 said:
Trade for a couple good olineman and a pick to be used on a young qb next year. But who would give anything for a qb with 22/yr salary and who has been fully exposed and not progressed since his rookie season?!

Wilson has not progressed since his rookie season??

I'm pretty frustrated with his reaction to the increase of pressure this year, but that is WAY over the top.

Nah, northseahawk just holds RW to a higher standard than any other player in the league, ever.

RussB

Reaction score
Hawkpower":28fvhgca said:
2Cool4School":28fvhgca said:
Hawkpower":28fvhgca said:
2Cool4School":28fvhgca said:
LOL no Qb would do better behind that o line except for tom brady.

This was a nice theory in September.

Its run its course now.

Name one QB that one do better than russell wilson behind that o line.

Why just one? Pretty much any name on the lists that have been compiled in this thread would do just fine.

Fans that have watched football for years understand that to help combat a poor line, you have to read coverage and throw with timing and anticipation. Those aren't Wilson's strengths, at least not yet.
So your saying that cam newton would do better than wilson? :lol: :lol: :lol: . Remember last year when cam had a very bad o line, they went 7-8. He would get sacked even more than wilson behind this hawks o line. Give russell wilson atleast a decent o line and he would be back to doing what he did last year and the year before.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Any QB outside of Newton or Aaron Rodgers would get killed behind this o-line.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1nqc7ywv said:
Hawkpower":1nqc7ywv said:
2Cool4School":1nqc7ywv said:

Its run its course now.

Name one QB that one do better than russell wilson behind that o line.

Brady and Rodgers probably both would. They know when to get the ball out and they're not afraid to throw pinpoint strikes. Peyton in his prime, absolutely.

Brees and Romo have always been a little more of a "hang in there and throw for 50 yards guy", so probably not them.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Basis4day":nf8bdg54 said:

Andrew Luck was getting murdered behind the Colts O-line. Hasselbeck came in they installed a quick passing scheme and he was very successful. He lit it up with the flu and was never sacked.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
12thbrah":31ntof42 said:
The answer is none because there are no other SB winning QBs in the league who are 26 years old or younger.

There have been 20 QB's win 1 SB.

There have been 11 other QB's that won the other 29 SB's.

If you think RW is of the caliber that wins multiples, you keep him. Odds are against him.

And yes, odds are against the next QB that gets brought in as well.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
For this season only the list is about 10 QBs long but only talking about franchise ones it'd be Rodgers, Newton, Carr and Mariota.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2jz27rcx said:

Rivers has lost nearly his entire OL to injury this year, has no running game and is just a few yards behind Brady for most in the league.. oh and that was without Antonio Gates for the first 4 games and Keenan Allen for the last 2.

Rodgers would be a-ok.

Ben would be a-ok.

Carr would be a-ok.

Luck and Mariota.. they'd probably fare about the same and we'd be in that 4/5 win range. Mariota would be much cheaper though and you'd figure either the defense would be better, the offensive line would be better.. or both with that salary. Andrew Luck has been hurt all year, but going forward I think he is a much better passer than Wilson ever will be.. and I'm sorry.. I know for some reason this board hates him, but he'd have at least 1 ring now - probably 2.. playing with the defense and running game Wilson has had.

I love Russ, but this impenetrable bubble of mystique he's enjoyed is no longer in place now that his contract is what it is at.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2vrorycx said:
I love Russ, but this impenetrable bubble of mystique he's enjoyed is no longer in place now that his contract is what it is at.

His cap hit in 2015 doesn't explain any of the huge talent gaps on offense.

RussB

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1x9cby6r said:
2Cool4School":1x9cby6r said:

Rivers has lost nearly his entire OL to injury this year, has no running game and is just a few yards behind Brady for most in the league.. oh and that was without Antonio Gates for the first 4 games and Keenan Allen for the last 2.

Rodgers would be a-ok.

Ben would be a-ok.

Carr would be a-ok.

Luck and Mariota.. they'd probably fare about the same and we'd be in that 4/5 win range. Mariota would be much cheaper though and you'd figure either the defense would be better, the offensive line would be better.. or both with that salary. Andrew Luck has been hurt all year, but going forward I think he is a much better passer than Wilson ever will be.. and I'm sorry.. I know for some reason this board hates him, but he'd have at least 1 ring now - probably 2.. playing with the defense and running game Wilson has had.

Dereck carr , really dude?. Carr had a bad o line last year and was sacked the most in the league , and right now he has the best pass protection in the league. I really doubt he would do better than wilson. And about rivers, his team is 2-7 right now. So dont give me that BS about him doing better behind the hawks o line.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Its run its course now.[/quote]

Name one QB that one do better than russell wilson behind that o line.[/quote]

Why just one? Pretty much any name on the lists that have been compiled in this thread would do just fine.

Fans that have watched football for years understand that to help combat a poor line, you have to read coverage and throw with timing and anticipation. Those aren't Wilson's strengths, at least not yet.[/quote]
So your saying that cam newton would do better than wilson? :lol: :lol: :lol: . Remember last year when cam had a very bad o line, they went 7-8. He would get sacked even more than wilson behind this hawks o line. Give russell wilson atleast a decent o line and he would be back to doing what he did last year and the year before.[/quote]

I would absolutely take Cam the QB. In a heartbeat.

And easy with waxing nostalgic about the Russ of old....I dont know that he really is playing all that different than he ever has. Do we remember the NFC championship game last year?

Uneven QB play gets masked when you are securing the #1 seed in the NFC. Not so much when you are 4-5.

mrt144

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1zyy6ols said:
Hasselbeck":1zyy6ols said:
2Cool4School":1zyy6ols said:

Rodgers would be a-ok.

Ben would be a-ok.

Carr would be a-ok.

Dereck carr , really dude?. Carr had a bad o line last year and was sacked the most in the league , and right now he has the best pass protection in the league. I really doubt he would do better than wilson. And about rivers, his team is 2-7 right now. So dont give me that BS about him doing better behind the hawks o line.

Again, the standard is higher for RW than Rivers simply because it's the reality fans have to deal with rather than some savior hero that will never QB here

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":12yk3sfu said:
I think Tom Brady would do just fine since he knows how to throw to a TE and has a quick release.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
northseahawk":2ta0jvda said:
...But who would give anything for a qb with 22/yr salary...

Take away the signing bonus that Seattle paid and is already in his pocket and it becomes a $15M-$16M a year contract...I tossed the rest of the foolishness.

massari

Reaction score
Cant believe some of you guys would trade Wilson for a 38 year old Brady (39 by start of next season). You would only get about two seasons from him. You guys should compare Wilson and Brady stats in the first few seasons of their career. Pretty similar but Id give Wilson the edge.

Id only consider:

Rodgers
Luck
Mariota
Carr

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3qy0vtmx said:

Derek Carr will be a Top 3 QB in 4-5 years.

Blaming Rivers for the 2-7 start is like blaming Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett for the 4-5 start. Rivers has played his ass off. Watch a game every once in awhile.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mrt144":371r7ed2 said:
Hasselbeck":371r7ed2 said:

His cap hit in 2015 doesn't explain any of the huge talent gaps on offense.

That's not what I meant, I mean now that he signed a big deal.. no matter how its constructed.. the perception on him will be much different. Just ask Joe Flacco how many people bring up his contract every time he has a bad game, or misses a throw.

massari

Reaction score
I wonder if some of you would still trade Wilson for a 39 year old Brady or Rivers/Roethlisberger ect?