What team do you have an irrational hate for?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":36wn0e6o said:
Maulbert":36wn0e6o said:
Rex":36wn0e6o said:
rideaducati":36wn0e6o said:
That seems to be working well... :sarcasm_off:

Yes it is if you factor in not having a starting QB for half that time.

Hmmm....

Fisher is 10-12-1 with your starter (Bradford, obviously) and 10-15 without.

:sarcasm_on: Wow, that's like night and day. :sarcasm_off:

Record -wise not much of an improvement but in building the roster and coaching staff there is much improvement.

How can you tell there is improvement? Based on results, you're just plain wrong. Look at where the rams rank offensively and defensively over the past three seasons and you will find there is actually ZERO improvement.

How the hell does Fisher dupe so many people into thinking they are actually improving? The rams were ranked 28th last year, 30th the year before and 23rd the year before that offensively. The rams were ranked 17th defensively last year, 19th the year before and 13th the year before that. How is that improvement?

Must be some sort of math that only really smart people can do. :sarcasm_off:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rex":321p90ez said:
hawkfan68":321p90ez said:
A Rams fan trying to defend the Rams on a Seahawk fan board....highly irrational.

No, passing at the goal line with Beast Mode in the backfield is irrational. My posting here is inspirational. :mrgreen:

Ouch you went there....can't disagree on the playcall but your defense of the Rams is about as inspiring as a Jim Tomsula press conference.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2n06mkyl said:
Rex":2n06mkyl said:
hawkfan68":2n06mkyl said:
A Rams fan trying to defend the Rams on a Seahawk fan board....highly irrational.

No, passing at the goal line with Beast Mode in the backfield is irrational. My posting here is inspirational. :mrgreen:

Ouch you went there....can't disagree on the playcall but your defense of the Rams is about as inspiring as a Jim Tomsula press conference.

I'd rather be questioned on my play calling in the Super Bowl than be sitting outside the playoffs for 10 years.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The rams always beat ONE team/season that they have absolutely no business beating and ram fan equates that to "improving". The problem is that for every team they beat that they had no business beating, they lose two games to teams that they should easily handle. Seems to me that a better coach wouldn't have his team so ill prepared for the "let down" games nearly as often as Fisher.

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":3mjzahx1 said:
BTW, Rex, about your signature, no one here has considered the Rams a rival since 2006.

Then it is a collective bad memory that you possess since in 2010 the Rams split the season series with the Seahawks and finished the season tied at 7-9 with the Seahawks winning the division by a tie breaker. :th2thumbs:

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":y0thdd5m said:
hawkfan68":y0thdd5m said:
Rex":y0thdd5m said:
hawkfan68":y0thdd5m said:

I'd rather be questioned on my play calling in the Super Bowl than be sitting outside the playoffs for 10 years.

I wouldn't because XXXVI sticks in my craw to this day. You'll see.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":2t2w2g0y said:
Must be some sort of math that only really smart people can do. :sarcasm_off:

Not true. Bradford before injured in game 7 of 2013 was playing very well. You keep discounting the impact of losing a starting QB for the season.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":2t5t69q9 said:
The rams always beat ONE team/season that they have absolutely no business beating and ram fan equates that to "improving". The problem is that for every team they beat that they had no business beating, they lose two games to teams that they should easily handle. Seems to me that a better coach wouldn't have his team so ill prepared for the "let down" games nearly as often as Fisher.

There is a measure of truth to that the second AZ game last season is a sorry example. However Fisher is competitive within the division and that cannot be discounted and is most certainly improvement.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":3fspgs7p said:
rideaducati":3fspgs7p said:

There is a measure of truth to that the second AZ game last season is a sorry example. However Fisher is competitive within the division and that cannot be discounted and is most certainly improvement.

Okay then... I guess my definition of improvement differs from yours.

If you'd like to see what REAL improvement looks like, follow the Seattle Seahawks from the day they hired Pete Carroll to today.

Seahawks
Defense in 2010--30th
Defense in 2011--9th
Defense in 2012--3rd
Defense in 2013--1st
Defense in 2014--1st

Offense in 2010--26th
Offense in 2011--28th
Offense in 2012--14th
Offense in 2013--22nd
Offense in 2014--9th

I can break it down even further and show that even in the offensive down year there was improvement and add in a Super Bowl win.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1dwxdjtl said:
Rex":1dwxdjtl said:
rideaducati":1dwxdjtl said:

If you'd like to see what REAL improvement looks like, follow the Seattle Seahawks from the day they hired Pete Carroll to today.

Seahawks
Defense in 2010--30th
Defense in 2011--9th
Defense in 2012--3rd
Defense in 2013--1st
Defense in 2014--1st

Offense in 2010--26th
Offense in 2011--28th
Offense in 2012--14th
Offense in 2013--22nd
Offense in 2014--9th

I can break it down even further and show that even in the offensive down year there was improvement and add in a Super Bowl win.

I can better that by far and throw in a super bowl win too.

Defense in 1998--24th
Defense in 1999---4th

Offense in 1998--24th
Offense in 1999---1st

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":3vpuv15l said:
rideaducati":3vpuv15l said:
Rex":3vpuv15l said:
rideaducati":3vpuv15l said:

Seahawks
Defense in 2010--30th
Defense in 2011--9th
Defense in 2012--3rd
Defense in 2013--1st
Defense in 2014--1st

Offense in 2010--26th
Offense in 2011--28th
Offense in 2012--14th
Offense in 2013--22nd
Offense in 2014--9th

I can better that by far and throw in a super bowl win too.

Defense in 1998--24th
Defense in 1999---4th

Offense in 1998--24th
Offense in 1999---1st

Fisher was responsible for the rams winning the Super Bowl that year too. That just shows that having Jeff Fisher coaching another team gives your team a better chance at winning.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex, you missed your calling. You should be a fruit picker. The way you cherry pick your facts is astounding. Last I checked, 1999 was 4 head coaches ago for the Rams (6 if you count Vitt and Haslett).

ringless

Reaction score
I of course hate certain teams within reason....

My irrational ones would have to be Philly and the Cleveland. I hate Cleveland, and all teams associated with it. I found an even bigger reason to hate them when Manziel went there and pulled all the crap he's pulled....

On the Rams subject though they do tend to injure all of our star players and a QB in every game since 2012 except 1 believe. They are a team that comes up on the schedule and I know fans on my board get upset about the possibility of injuries that tend to happen when playing them.

I know I saw Rex in a previous post say that Fisher should be a top 10 coach despite having a losing record something like 10 of the last 12 years. The guy will get you to 8-8. Thats what he's good for. You say you have been stock piling talent. What has 10 years of early 1st round draft picks done for you guys including the years you have hoarded picks?

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":3id0eht8 said:

My irrational ones would have to be Philly and the Cleveland. I hate Cleveland, and all teams associated with it. I found an even bigger reason to hate them when Manziel went there and pulled all the crap he's pulled....

On the Rams subject though they do tend to injure all of our star players and a QB in every game since 2012 except 1 believe. They are a team that comes up on the schedule and I know fans on my board get upset about the possibility of injuries that tend to happen when playing them.

I know I saw Rex in a previous post say that Fisher should be a top 10 coach despite having a losing record something like 10 of the last 12 years. The guy will get you to 8-8. Thats what he's good for. You say you have been stock piling talent. What has 10 years of early 1st round draft picks done for you guys including the years you have hoarded picks?

It took a competent coach to take advantage of the high picks in San Francisco. I may not like Harbaugh or his attitude, but he's a good coach.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1wfe3450 said:
Fisher was responsible for the rams winning the Super Bowl that year too. That just shows that having Jeff Fisher coaching another team gives your team a better chance at winning.

OK I didn't see that one coming. Good one.

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":3gadibmu said:
Rex, you missed your calling. You should be a fruit picker. The way you cherry pick your facts is astounding. Last I checked, 1999 was 4 head coaches ago for the Rams (6 if you count Vitt and Haslett).

And yet I'm factually correct. :mrgreen:

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":1x8q626g said:

Forget the 10 years as many of them I wish I could forget. At issue is Fisher's regime with Snead as GM which is the last 3 seasons. Of all teams fans it should be Seahawks fans that realize this Rams team is much more competitive than Rams teams under Lineman or Spagnuola. As I wrote before the Rams are more competitive within the division which is where Fisher has concentrated his efforts first and foremost.