Who's your favorite "no name" Seahawk of all time?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I think some people don't quite grasp what "no name" means

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3vdh7wyc said:
Great topic! I have a few:

The Kaz - Loved his intensity and prowess. I always thought he should've been a starter at ILB

Jerheme Urban - I don't know why, but I thought he was a stud. I was really bummed when DJ Hackett beat him out in TC

Pete Hunter - The 2006 post season wonder. Signed off the street to help our depleted CBs. Had an extremely solid game against Dallas. Didn't make the cut the next offseason.

Joe Jurevicius - Possibly one of my top 3 Hawks of all time. Loved his game and his one season here. I was really upset when Cleveland signed him the next year. I'll never forget his catch and run in SB XL, where he took a defender one on one, literally flipped over the guys back, and went for like another 15 yards. I've never found a replay of it since
Ditto on Jurevicious.

He was so reliable for us, and he had some of the best stiff arms I've ever seen. I absolutely loved him his 1 year with us and no one else has yet to make such an impression on me from just 1 year with the hawks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Leonard Weaver is a good one, didn't dude single handedly win is a game in SF? Rocky Bernard was a monster for us

Does Ken Hamlin count? Dude was one of our best players

Hawkintent

Reaction score
DD Lewis
PorkChop Womack
Feagles
Josh Wilson
Leroy Hill (feel like he was never utilized correctly after his rookie season!)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was a huge Koren Robinson fan but the guy never became the star I had hoped he would be.

I was a bug Anthony Simmons fan to. I think there is something about elite athletes that I hope they can meet their potential.

Ken Hamlin after he knocked out Donte Stallworth became one of my favorites.

I have to say Hasselbeck is still one of my favorite all time Hawks. He took us to our first Super Bowl and won a ton of games for us. Paired with Holmgren they changed Seahawk football and Pete Carroll has ran with it and turnus into a juggernaut.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
James McKnight, Corey Harris, Melvin Jenkins.

Side note, in reference to halps80's post, Mike Pritchard and Steve Broussard both played on that 1991 Atlanta Falcons team with Deion and Andre Rison. Always been a Hawks fan but that team made me fall all the way in love with football.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
bjornanderson21":37ohctzu said:
Thepeelsessions":37ohctzu said:
Great topic! I have a few:

The Kaz - Loved his intensity and prowess. I always thought he should've been a starter at ILB

Jerheme Urban - I don't know why, but I thought he was a stud. I was really bummed when DJ Hackett beat him out in TC

Pete Hunter - The 2006 post season wonder. Signed off the street to help our depleted CBs. Had an extremely solid game against Dallas. Didn't make the cut the next offseason.

Joe Jurevicius - Possibly one of my top 3 Hawks of all time. Loved his game and his one season here. I was really upset when Cleveland signed him the next year. I'll never forget his catch and run in SB XL, where he took a defender one on one, literally flipped over the guys back, and went for like another 15 yards. I've never found a replay of it since
Ditto on Jurevicious.

He was so reliable for us, and he had some of the best stiff arms I've ever seen. I absolutely loved him his 1 year with us and no one else has yet to make such an impression on me from just 1 year with the hawks.

Loved me some big Joe Jurevicius. He had such a great year, I was sure they'd lock him down with a contract and got his jersey. Always brings out the die hards when I sport the JJ87 jersey.

Lithium

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1i3yggrl said:

Thats mine...I was at the 2004 Dallas game for his first/only(I Believe) Seahawks TD. I went nuts. When he was one of the final cuts one year I was devastated. Got an Autographed glove of his at a TC too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Paul Skansi and Norm Johnson came to my high school in 1987 to do a field day fund raiser, and we got to spend all day talking to those guys. Totally cool, and they stayed way longer than there were suppose to cause they were having fun talking to all us kids.

So not really "no name" as much as some of these guys you're naming, but hard to resist putting them on a list like this.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
RockinHawks":2h5dc5sj said:
KiwiHawk":2h5dc5sj said:
Throwdown":2h5dc5sj said:
Itula Mili
I don't hate Seahawks but Mili rubbed me the wrong way. Injured for most of his career he sponged millions off the team, something like 8 catches in 3 years, then had one half decent season after which he held out for more money. What a waste of time.

He played for 10 seasons, had two or three really solid years. At one point, I believe, Mili set marks for Seahawks TE's single season receptions until Carlson broke it a few years later. He came into the league with a devastating knee injury, and still had a solid career.
It was actually 9 seasons and he only had two that were anything approaching decent. Setting the season reception mark for a TE for the Seahawks at that time was a singularly unimpressive feat.

Additionally it was his holdout in 2003 that lead directly to drafting Jerramy Stevens instead of Ed Reed. How do you think XL would have gone if we had Ed Reed instead of Jerramy Stevens?

byau

Reaction score
It's really strange how childhood perceptions can be out-of-whack with reality.

I thought Sherman Smith (is he a no name?) was a total badass

I thought Mike Tice (not a no-name) was also a badass, especially his "Super Bowwwllll" line in that Super Bowl song

I also thought Manu Tuiasasopo (is he a no name?) was also a bad-ass. Looked the part, and his name fit the part.

As far as where all three end up stat-wise and all that stuff years later? I guess they were average, not great (?). But growing up I really liked these guys a lot

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Hawkintent":2gbj9msv said:
DD Lewis
PorkChop Womack
Feagles
Josh Wilson

I liked DD. Dude would make an amazing play, then seemingly disappear for games at a time. He never quite put it all together. Too bad.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3vb3p9jf said:
I used to REALLY like Niko Koutovides at MLB.

I started a thread about him back in the day, his wife googles his name regularly, saw the thread, contacted .NET.

They deleted it and I got a message from Les.

True story.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I really liked Isaiah Kacyvenski (LB/ST), Michael Boulware (SS - he had an outstanding rookie year and then just collapsed. but always had a soft spot for him), Marquand Manuel (FS), and Joe Jurevicius. Though I'm not sure JJ counts as a 'no-name' on this board, he certainly isn't a heralded member of Hawks lore.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2yj2iyh0 said:
Bobby Joe Edmunds

Did you know Bobby Joe Edmunds and Charlie Rogers got married and adopted a little Laotian child with Aspergers?

True bill.

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
Daryl Turner or also known as "DT" or "Deep Threat". Still holds several receiving records for the Hawks. Guy had the best spike in the NFL ever. Ball would get 15 to 20 feet in the air.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawkintent":3q5pxcil said:
DD Lewis
PorkChop Womack
Feagles
Josh Wilson

Not Josh "Got Burned Yet Again" Wilson. Edit: He did have some nice returns though, if I remember correctly.